Graphic downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The fact that they will not show ultra pc gameplay is discerning.

I'm not buying their excuse that ultra is supposed to be a surprise or something until the game is released. Nobody is that stupid to fall for something like that. Either they show ultra pc gameplay before the game releases or I cancel my pre-order a few days before release.

Last edited:
I'm not buying their excuse that ultra is supposed to be a surprise or something until the game is released.

The whole idea of pre-orders is pretty weird in this case I think. It's not a crowdfunded game, why would they ask you to pay in advance for unfinished product? Your question can be easily addressed by releasing a playable demo. It was always a classic method to showcase actual gameplay for potential buyers. For some reason it's not a common practice these days.

Hmm to be honest there are some really really good parts but that last link, http://a.pomf.se/jbtifc.mp4 it kinda looks like it's either Xbox or medium graphics on PC...
Not trying to bash or anything, just saying what it looks like to me.

it looks like xbox one, but apparently that's pc on high....

Hell, the witcher 2 looks better than that.

The foliage is moving, but it has a really low quality about it... just has a really fake or plastic visual feel about it doesn't it? Maybe too much movement to be honest. His face looks really low-res. Almost has a cartoony feel to it. That horses mane is pretty abysmal as well...

Seriously, the witcher 2 looks way better than that. I don't know what to think at this point.... will cancel pre-order unless they show us gameplay that doesn't make the witcher 2 look visually superior.

seriously, the witcher 2 looks way better than that.

Last edited:

No offense, of course. Someone sent me this image and I can't help but smile..

Last edited:
I am actually worried to see people worried, I mean, it's not like they removed techs or if they were hiding something, they are showing a gorgeous game yet people manage to scream "downgrade!" as if it was such a big deal, I get that at the moment the graphics are a prime thing to speak about, because of lack of content (wut) or trolls but when I see people saying that it looks bad, freaking out about a perceived downgrade or all out threatening to boycott the game, I can't help but to face palm pretty badly.

I am actually worried to see people worried, I mean, it's not like they removed techs or if they were hiding something, they are showing a gorgeous game yet people manage to scream "downgrade!" as if it was such a big deal, I get that at the moment the graphics are a prime thing to speak about, because of lack of content (wut) or trolls but when I see people saying that it looks bad, freaking out about a perceived downgrade or all out threatening to boycott the game, I can't help but to face palm pretty badly.

it does look bad. The witcher 2 looks way better than this http://a.pomf.se/jbtifc.mp4

I've been a very big defender of this game but... this has me scratching my head. The fact that they won't show ultra gameplay makes no sense to me.

I do remember a simple question asked on the closed thread..it was simple but it went straight to the point and the answer from Marcin unequivocable:

Can the scenes in the VGX/SoD trailers be replicated in their graphical fidelity integrity on high end PCs when the game finally launches?

Yes

Well assuming he's not such a layer I want to stay positive and again think of that first vgx trailer as a ultra setting. Let's wait and see! :)

"yes" but they won't show it until its released?

...Classic bs excuse ? That supposed to be after i pre-order and realize I got burned like I have many times in the past by liars in this industry?

They would never hide anything from us unless there was a major problem. The "downgrade" is very real unless they prove otherwise. As I said before, the witcher 2 looks better than the witcher 3 on "high"

The whole "Just wait and see" thing, it's not a retort I take kindly to anymore as a pc gamer.

Also what the hell is that grey discoloration going down the middle of geralts head that I see in a lot of screenshots with his new hair? It looks terrible.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure why this is such a big deal to worry about if there are many other details not published. Speculating about unpublished game is pointless. For all I care they can decide to swap all textures tomorrow.

it does look bad. The witcher 2 looks way better than this http://a.pomf.se/jbtifc.mp4

I've been a very big defender of this game but... this has me scratching my head. The fact that they won't show ultra gameplay makes no sense to me.

I don't agree, it looks way better than The Witcher 2, if not for the textures (which would look on par otherwise), the sheer technology added to the game makes a world of difference.

"yes" but they won't show it until its released?

...Classic bs excuse ? They would never hide anything from us unless there was a major problem.

I can believe them until release, saying that they could pull up bs excuses and implying that the would lie to us doesn't make much sense at the moment. Much like saying that there is a downgrade before release.

I don't agree, it looks way better than The Witcher 2, if not for the textures (which would look on par otherwise), the sheer technology added to the game makes a world of difference.

I can believe them until release, saying that they could pull up bs excuses and implying that the would lie to us doesn't make much sense at the moment. Much like saying that there is a downgrade before release.

http://i.imgur.com/1xpRxxK.jpg

Last edited:
It is rather worrying to think that we are so spoiled by the marvels of advanced graphic technology, that people are complaining, agonising, and doubting that the graphics of a game, which has not yet been released, will not be good enough. We must ask, why do we want to play the game in the first place: merely for the pretty pictures, or for the entertainment of participating in an engaging story and a complex world of fantasy? Must the illusion be so utterly complete for the amusement to please? It is condemned before it can prove itself. I feel sorry for the artists who must face such critics.

It is rather worrying to think that we are so spoiled by the marvels of advanced graphic technology, that people are complaining, agonising, and doubting that the graphics of a game, which has not yet been released, will not be good enough. We must ask, why do we want to play the game in the first place: merely for the pretty pictures, or for the entertainment of participating in an engaging story and a complex world of fantasy? Must the illusion be so utterly complete for the amusement to please? It is condemned before it can prove itself. I feel sorry for the artists who must face such critics.

how is this anything like being spoiled when they showcased something amazing, and now it looks like garbage?

Seriously?

It's called false advertising and people calling them out on it. Not anything else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom