Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Here is the official tutorial for DA:I tapestry.

Depending on the playthrough you loaded, you may not see all the tiles in the DA:I tapestry at first. The spoiler gates are designed to remain in place until you complete a plot or quest. For example, if you romance a character, the romance tile will remain hidden until you finish the romance (at or near the end of the game). Depending on the choices you made while playing Inquisition, each plot or quest may only have one tile visible (representing the choice you made), while the other tiles are hidden. You'll be able to see if a plot has other options, but you won't be able to see what those options are. You also can't click the context '?' button until you have completed all choices for a particular plot or quest.

Not a fan.

Here is the official tutorial for DA:I tapestry.

Not a fan.

Me neither....
I used the tapestry for finding out what missions I had missed/what other choices I had for Dragon Age Origins and DA2. If I can't do that for Inquisition that's a little bit annoying.
If this affects the DLC I won't be pleased since none of my characters are showing up properly e__e

---------- Updated at 08:49 PM ----------

And it shows, DAI had a serviceable ending that did not contradict the game itself :p

Lol you say that, but the Bioware forums are still full of idiots saying that the ending for DA:I is the "worst ending ever." I'm thinking there should be a small IQ test before joining those forums just to keep some of those morons out.

Oh that's weird... I've completed many times and yet I have almost everything hidden.... is that because I have to be online at the time or what? My internet connection at home is bad so I usually play offline. I hope that means it won't be hidden permanently or I'm going to be mad lol.

I also only have 2 Inquisitors, one of which I deleted so... why is he showing up but not my others? Omg.
Well like I said, bugs for everyone. Just ignore it for now. They're going to have to take those spoiler tiles down. Good idea, very bad execution.

If they still have them up and any DLC depends on a buggy ass import, I'll boycott the DLC.

Lol you say that, but the Bioware forums are still full of idiots saying that the ending for DA:I is the "worst ending ever." I'm thinking there should be a small IQ test before joining those forums just to keep some of those morons out.

Well it's not really the greatest either, but I guess those that are saying that it is the worst are relating it to the DA series, that I agree with, it is the worst ending in the DA series so far, but it is definitely not as bad as the ME3 ending was.

But who am I kidding? I can see those same people liking the ME3 ending and saying that the DAI ending is the worst ending ever, hahaha

The only setting that I had set for DA:I in Nvidia Control Panel was V-sync and performance preference. I returned it all to the default and the problem is still there. What are your settings Unkindled?

Hey sorry I waited so late to respond, alert didn't show up when I popped in a few times.

If you have ambient occlusion on in your game, turn that on to performance in the control panel. Put V-sync on adaptive, and in game turn vsync off.

Try that out and let me know how it works. If it still plays like shit, try turning your maxed pre rendered frames to 2. I did that for a bit and eventually switched it back to default when the game seemed stabilized.

If you have ambient occlusion on in your game, turn that on to performance in the control panel. Put V-sync on adaptive, and in game turn vsync off.

Try that out and let me know how it works. If it still plays like shit, try turning your maxed pre rendered frames to 2. I did that for a bit and eventually switched it back to default when the game seemed stabilized.

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately changing stuff in Nvidia Control Panel didn't help. I have no problems with the game otherwise though! No crashes to desktop, some odd bugs here and there, but nothing game-breaking.

It's just that stupid pop-in :p

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately changing stuff in Nvidia Control Panel didn't help. I have no problems with the game otherwise though! No crashes to desktop, some odd bugs here and there, but nothing game-breaking.

It's just that stupid pop-in :p

So the changes stabilized the game but not your tearing? Lol well you're close. Try putting on triple buff and vsync on in game, see how that helps.

At this point you just basically play around with it a bit until you find the right fit for your setup. You'll get it eventually, and you can always go back to the settings that had your game stabilized. Pain in the ass, I know. Did this a lot when I first got the game. Took weeks to find the right fit, then days after the next patch.

Why are you on BSN? That place is where intelligence is drained until only idiocy remains.

So the changes stabilized the game but not your tearing? Lol well you're close. Try putting on triple buff and vsync on in game, see how that helps.

At this point you just basically play around with it a bit until you find the right fit for your setup. You'll get it eventually, and you can always go back to the settings that had your game stabilized. Pain in the ass, I know. Did this a lot when I first got the game. Took weeks to find the right fit, then days after the next patch.

Nah, nah. The game was stable to begin with. I had no technical problems whatsoever. It's just that pop-in. That's all.

But, I will try messing with some more settings sure. Won't hurt to try and see if it helps. Though... I'm starting to think that this pop-in might have been introduced as a way to make the game perform better :p There was no problem with that before patch 3, I believe.

Nah, nah. The game was stable to begin with. I had no technical problems whatsoever. It's just that pop-in. That's all.

But, I will try messing with some more settings sure. Won't hurt to try and see if it helps. Though... I'm starting to think that this pop-in might have been introduced as a way to make the game perform better :p There was no problem with that before patch 3, I believe.

That's possible, they've lowered the quality of their game before for that reason with the frame rate thing. I've noticed that after some changes to the settings, despite the set in game limitation, the frame rate increased dramatically on its own.

Not really a fan of Dragon Age: Inquisition. I don't hate it either, it just comes off as mediocre to me. My main issue with it is the huge amount of filler quests that they put into the game. Plus the War Table missions were way too long. I mean, that was just padding at its finest. I kept putting my PC time ahead a day over and over again just so I could progress. I think my game crashed a few times because of that, I don't remember.
The story didn't connect with me at all. The villain had potential, but they didn't really go anywhere with his background. The end-of-the-world conflict should have added tension to the game. Like, a LOT of tension. But I didn't feel any sense of urgency to advance the main plot or while playing the main plot.
Combat was worse than Dragon Age 2's which was a huge surprise to me. Tactical Cam was useless with mouse and keyboard. It was clunky and felt so uncomfortable to use. I noticed that using a controller made it feel more natural, perhaps this was intended by Bioware? Limiting the player to 8 quickslots was a huge mistake. I ended up having one or two abilities on my builds that I really would have loved to use, but just couldn't because of the UI. Animations felt boring to me. I actually missed being a Ninja Sorcerer in Dragon Age 2 and just flipping all over the fucking place, but I guess being invincible as an Arcane Warrior was cool too. I don't think Rift Abilities should have been in the game as some of them felt so OP.
Characters were okay. They didn't feel as complex as Origins' characters or even Dragon Age 2's, but I liked most of them. Iron Bull, Solas, Dorian, and Blackwall were pretty bro-tastic, I loved them all. I wanted to kick Sera off a cliff during all of her dialogue. I don't see a single thing remotely likable about her. Viv and Iron Bull had the best party banter so I kept them with me forever. Cassandra actually was surprisingly likable, but she didn't interest me as much as the others. Cole was Justice 0.5 so I thought he was eh. Varric was the most forgettable character in the game, I actually was going to skip over him because I forgot he existed.
The world looked decent, but it was too large and unfocused in my opinion. Dragon fights were the most interesting thing in each world, especially in that Snowy Colosseum area. Red Lyrium being all over the place annoyed the fuck out of me. It's supposed to make you insane just by being near it, why is it everywhere and why am I able to walk near it?
Mounts get their own section of my rant because fuck mounts in this game. They control horribly, the galloping animation was so lazy(a gust of wind), and they felt so slow. Thank the LORD the Witcher 3 has better mounts with more options when controlling it.
View attachment 11374
Also, I could nitpick at the armor in this game for hours. Why is she wearing a cloth hood helmet under a cloth hood?

Attachments

• 2015-01-02_00001.jpg
    2015-01-02_00001.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 51
Except that it's flawed. Varric was dragged there to the conference and he will go back to Kirkwall after the game ends.

Actually at the end of the game you ask him if he's going back to Kirkwall and he says he's planning to stick around for a while.... And yes he was dragged there but he chose to stay, you even have this conversation with him in the game lol

also I saw this amazing artwork of Dorian/Krem/Fenris that I felt was so good at capturing the main issues I have with Dorian.
And the comment that someone added to it sums up how I feel so imma add that too

" I’m looking at this art, and what hits me between the eyes is how it captures Dorian’s INDIFFERENCE. Look at his expression. He’s not looking down. He’s not seeing the ppl that he is literally STEPPING on to enjoy everything he’s grown accustomed to his whole life. This is a perfect summary of every issue I have with his characterisation as it’s presented in the game. I don’t blame him for being ‘privileged’ per se. He was born into it and to hate him for that boils down to envy, but what gets my hackles up, is that he was touted as ‘The Redeemer,’ yet he never looks down. Through the whole game, he might glance once or twice, but he never really LOOKS. Serious kudos to the artist. This is fucking brilliant!"

Last edited:
Actually at the end of the game you ask him if he's going back to Kirkwall and he says he's planning to stick around for a while.... And yes he was dragged there but he chose to stay, you even have this conversation with him in the game lol

also I saw this amazing artwork of Dorian/Krem/Fenris that I felt was so good at capturing the main issues I have with Dorian.
And the comment that someone added to it sums up how I feel so imma add that too

" I’m looking at this art, and what hits me between the eyes is how it captures Dorian’s INDIFFERENCE. Look at his expression. He’s not looking down. He’s not seeing the ppl that he is literally STEPPING on to enjoy everything he’s grown accustomed to his whole life. This is a perfect summary of every issue I have with his characterisation as it’s presented in the game. I don’t blame him for being ‘privileged’ per se. He was born into it and to hate him for that boils down to envy, but what gets my hackles up, is that he was touted as ‘The Redeemer,’ yet he never looks down. Through the whole game, he might glance once or twice, but he never really LOOKS. Serious kudos to the artist. This is fucking brilliant!"

In response to that picture, Fenris wasn't all that bad off. He was an amnesiac who wanted freedom, but the truth is that he wanted the lyrium markings. He freed his family by winning those markings, yes. But they were actually worse off as free people than as slaves. I can't feel any sympathy towards him at all. Krem is a slightly different story. He didn't seem to have a hard slave life. Rather, he wanted to be something that he could never be in Tevinter.
I don't see how Dorian is indifferent to any of this. If I remember, he admits the system is flawed and he wants to improve it. But slavery offered some people a better life when they couldn't make by. Dorian wants to solve what's wrong in Tevinter. He has his heart absolutely in the right place and I don't think anyone can say he doesn't. I don't see how he was stepping on any slaves anyways. His relationship with his slaves was never mentioned, but I assume he treated them with respect.

In response to that picture, Fenris wasn't all that bad off. He was an amnesiac who wanted freedom, but the truth is that he wanted the lyrium markings. He freed his family by winning those markings, yes. But they were actually worse off as free people than as slaves. I can't feel any sympathy towards him at all. Krem is a slightly different story. He didn't seem to have a hard slave life. Rather, he wanted to be something that he could never be in Tevinter.
I don't see how Dorian is indifferent to any of this. If I remember, he admits the system is flawed and he wants to improve it. But slavery offered some people a better life when they couldn't make by. Dorian wants to solve what's wrong in Tevinter. He has his heart absolutely in the right place and I don't think anyone can say he doesn't. I don't see how he was stepping on any slaves anyways. His relationship with his slaves was never mentioned, but I assume he treated them with respect.

errrr if you can't feel any sympathy for Fenris after he was abused, tortured and psychologically abused by Danarius and Hadrianna... well... how fucked up does someone have to be before you feel bad for them? Jeez

errrr if you can't feel any sympathy for Fenris after he was abused, tortured and psychologically abused by Danarius and Hadrianna... well... how fucked up does someone have to be before you feel bad for them? Jeez

I haven't played Dragon Age 2 in over a year or two, but I remember Hadrianna being Fenris's tormentor. Danarius was not kind to his slaves, but he was fond of Fenris which is why I believe Hadrianna fucked with him in the first place. I think the game even directly mentions Fenris liking Danarius(presumably before he lots his memories).
As for me not feeling sympathy towards him, his background story didn't interest me at all and I lost any ability to sympathize with him after he almost killed his sister. Sorry if that bothers you. I didn't like any of the companions in the game anyway besides Isabela. Fenris was more tolerable than the others and I enjoyed his dialogue with Flemeth/Qunari/Arishok.
Even if Fenris did have it extremely bad, that still doesn't make Dorian indifferent to the troubles of lower class Tevinter citizens. Dorian is a really respectful character for someone who grew up in the land of SMUG. Hell, even his father seems to be a good person at heart who cares about his son (even if he really is flawed). Dorian wants to break down the shit that's going on in Tevinter and shatter the ideas of superiority that his countryman feel. I think he says something along this when you take him to that elven temple place and they find out that Tevinter started out as a scavenger's haven. So yeah, I don't think indifference when I see a guy who wants to tell the self righteous fucks in the country he loves that they're essentially no better than any of the thousands of slaves they own.

That's just the game telling you that he is still available for us as a party member.

As for Dorian personally I love the fact he doesn't give a shit. I don't want a character working to justify everything that's wrong about the world or even caring in the first place.

There's a lot of people I feel absolutely no sympathy for despite the sob story. Simply because I don't like them. Sebastian, Anders, Sera, Leliana.,.. couldn't give two skeever shits about any of them. If they were on fire, I wouldn't piss on them to save their lives.

There's a lot of people I feel absolutely no sympathy for despite the sob story. Simply because I don't like them. Sebastian, Anders, Sera, Leliana.,.. couldn't give two skeever shits about any of them. If they were on fire, I wouldn't piss on them to save their lives.

Sebastian was an okay character. I liked his voice actor and he fit the altar boy role relatively well. His doubt between a life of cloth or a life of royalty felt more real than I'd say any other personal problem in Dragon Age 2. I think his romance and combat skills were the worst part of him though. I also felt that he was kind of a love interest character ripped out of some self-insert fanfic, but I forgave that part of him because Fenris and Merril gave me that feeling too so I was used to it..
I don't know about the fire and pissing part. I'd at least call for help if someone was on fire. Maybe I'd let Anders burn, but I think I would let him off the hook because I try not to think of DA2 Anders as canon. Especially since it was revealed he didn't cause the MT War. I'd definitely leave Sera to burn and to scream and rant about hating things she doesn't understand. Things like fire.

Top Bottom