Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC and PAX

+
A little oil goes a very long way - you'd not use much to coat a blade, and a single supply can reasonably be expected to be usable for *many* goes.

A little oil goes a very long way - you'd not use much to coat a blade, and a single supply can reasonably be expected to be usable for *many* goes.

We also had whetstones in the previous games, to sharpen the tools of the trade, so I expect they'll make a return as well.

I don't really understand why they keep playing the game on easy mode or with Geralt way overleveled. Sure, it makes sense for a live playthrough like the GDC event or when they were on the MS stage. they have x amount of time and you cant afford to die. However, for the videos that are prerecorded with a narrator's track theres no reason they shouldn't just be playing under normal means.

If you're referring to the PAX gameplay, according to the stream they set it on easy because they had a 10-minute time limit, but they wanted to show off the whole quest. Even after setting it on super-easy, they still had to cut out a substantial amount of the gameplay recorded (if you look at the in-game clock, it appears an entire day passed between leaving the village on horseback and arriving at the wagon crime-scene). If they had left the difficulty on normal, they would probably have had to cut out even more :)

Last edited:
If you're referring to the PAX gameplay, according to the stream they set it on easy because they had a 10-minute time limit, but they wanted to show off the whole quest. Even after setting it on super-easy, they still had to cut out a substantial amount of the gameplay recorded (if you look at the in-game clock, it appears an entire day passed between leaving the village on horseback and arriving at the wagon crime-scene). If they had left the difficulty on normal, they would probably have had to cut out even more :)

Its prerecorded footage so I dont buy that as a proper excuse. They cut out the parts where Geralt is traveling. They didnt use up the whole 10minutes anyway. I just think constantly showing off the game on easy does a huge disservice to the combat.

I don't really understand why they keep playing the game on easy mode or with Geralt way overleveled. Sure, it makes sense for a live playthrough like the GDC event or when they were on the MS stage. they have x amount of time and you cant afford to die. However, for the videos that are prerecorded with a narrator's track theres no reason they shouldn't just be playing under normal means.

Maybe so the person recording it doesn't have to spend hours on recording and editing just to end up with 7 minutes of gameplay? Especially when the video is not about combat & difficulty but to show the game in general.

Maybe so the person recording it doesn't have to spend hours on recording and editing just to end up with 7 minutes of gameplay? Especially when the video is not about combat & difficulty but to show the game in general.

I cant imagine it would have taken hours to complete that one very straight forward quest under normal circumstances. Anything in the video is informing the audience, so it doesnt matter that the video is not focused on combat. The use of combat, witcher senses, voice acting, graphics, music, ect... The video will create impressions of all these things, whether its the focus or not.

Go into a dark room, where you still see some light and objects and light a match.... you will see nothing but the places the matchlight shines.... other places will go darker than before because your eyes adjust to the matchlight....... Physics say you are wrong! :D

OK. Don´t you think that it's still too much light in the cave? In W1 we couldn't go to a cave/crypt without a torch or Cat.

There are no stacks or anything like this, so we could assume that there is more than one amount of the oil. I really hope that doesn't mean that once we made a oil we can use it infinitely. That would be pretty stupid in my opinion.

The devs said that there would be unlimited potions, bombs and oils. ;)

OK. Don´t you think that it's still too much light in the cave? In W1 we couldn't go to a cave/crypt without a torch or Cat.

Considering where the mouth of the cave is + Geralt being a Witcher, I dont think thats too much light at all.

@Shmelekrabe

It might be the cave opening that goes into the area that Geralt fights the Wyvern. The arrow on the map (God I hope we can turn those off) shows that direction, and if you remember he climbs up to an opening before fighting the Wyvern. It might be the light coming from that area.

I cant go the witcher 3 forum, yes to another forums like new or general disscussion but I cant the witcher 3 forum. WHY?? I know its oftopic .

Thank you

Umm... you're in the Witcher 3 forum. Which forum did you mean?

I have the same problem. The page where it shows all the threads for Witcher 3 is offline, every time I try to access it I just see a picture of Vernon pointing and saying he'll fix it. But for some reason I can access the individual threads, really weird. The page where they show all the witcher forums for everything else is accessible though.

I have the same problem. The page where it shows all the threads for Witcher 3 is offline, every time I try to access it I just see a picture of Vernon pointing and saying he'll fix it. But for some reason I can access the individual threads, really weird. The page where they show all the witcher forums for everything else is accessible though.

Hit ctrl-F5 (or whatever the hard-refresh keys are for your browser) whenever you get the offline page.

Chris can we expect new media content soon? And what style the new diaries will have? Like in the Beginning dev. diary or that beautifull cartoon/comic style trailer? Will it be more about the game mechanic or continuation of that trailer with witcher lore?

Chris can we expect new media content soon? And what style the new diaries will have? Like in the Beginning dev. diary or that beautifull cartoon/comic style trailer? Will it be more about the game mechanic or continuation of that trailer with witcher lore?

Well... define "soon". ;)

There is more new media coming. It isn't like PAX East was the last bit we'd say or show until the game appears on store shelves. However, I'm not going to give hints at when things will appear. In my experience if I was to say (and this is made up) new video coming on the X day, fans would get super excited, something would happen at some level that delays the video a day or two, fans riot, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

There is more to come, but you'll have to be patient till it shows up.

Top Bottom