Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the squirrels and ice skating should be free dlc, at least patch some squirrels into Novigrad.
Both would be awesome someday :)

New interview, nothing particularly noteworthy as far as I could see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Qg9rFfIos

Great interview. I kinda like this part:
I was actually at the NVIDIA conference thing at GDC. I was backstage with some people - and I'm not very good with names. So I had these guys who were saying, "I can't wait for The Witcher, it's going to be awesome." And I'm like, "Who is that guy?" It was Kojima's producer and other top guys. It was pretty weird. I should be the one saying, "Your game is awesome."
:)

I do enjoy some "traditional" tutorials, with their press "Space to Jump" mechanics... especially when done with some humour, as in Portal 2, with Wheatley, when he is teaching you how to speak being notable in it's utter brilliance.

I wonder what kind of hardware nvidia provided to get the game running @2560x1440.

I really can’t stress enough just now gorgeous the game looks. The game was running on a beefy machine provided by Nvidia for this demo specifically and running at a resolution of 2560×1440. Vistas go on for miles and the facial animations are the best I’ve seen in a long, long while. They even managed to get the eyes to look right, which is where other games with fantastic character animation and motion capture tend to go wrong and plummet smack dab into the uncanny valley, never to be seen again.

I'm super thrilled we get to continue playing after the story ends and there's some content there. To me, there is no better way to illustrate that the world extends beyond the player. Bravo, CDPR. I know they were dithering on this earlier so this could be one of those fan requests that made it through.
I'm all for this, I love NG+
I just don't want to play as Ciri when the main quest is over.
I guess we'll find out in May ;)

I'm super thrilled we get to continue playing after the story ends and there's some content there. To me, there is no better way to illustrate that the world extends beyond the player. Bravo, CDPR. I know they were dithering on this earlier so this could be one of those fan requests that made it through.
My best guess would be CDPR is pulling off a Red Dead Redemption style ending.
We probably get to play as Ciri after the game ends, which would set us up for Witcher 4 where Ciri is the main protagonist.
I'm going to miss Geralt, and I cannot imagine a Witcher game or book without him.

We probably get to play as Ciri after the game ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom