Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

I would not be pleased by such an ending.
Yeah same here.
It's going to be the books all over again.

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=51

So they pretty much assuredly went for parity across platforms and turned it into another console port. Delay it another 6 months if you have to provide to PC gamers what you promised before, the "optimal experience", because right now, the CDPR ship is sinking in many supporters eyes. One of the last hopes has failed us it seems. I appreciate the honesty in the answers here, and it will certainly save CDPR from SOME of the pitchforks and torches if they were to have released the game without telling us this, but there's no way you can expect any PC gamer to be happy about it.

Way too many things point to the parity gimmick and shafting of the PC side, especially now. I mean really? The same textures and whatnot across platforms, and yet the recommended requirements on PC are a 770 and 290, cards that are vastly superior to those in the consoles?

I bid you farewell CDPR, it was a good run.

So they pretty much assuredly went for parity across platforms and turned it into another console port. Delay it another 6 months if you have to provide to PC gamers what you promised before, the "optimal experience", because right now, the CDPR ship is sinking in many supporters eyes. One of the last hopes has failed us it seems. I appreciate the honesty in the answers here, and it will certainly save CDPR from SOME of the pitchforks and torches if they were to have released the game without telling us this, but there's no way you can expect any PC gamer to be happy about it.

Way too many things point to the parity gimmick and shafting of the PC side, especially now. I mean really? The same textures and whatnot across platforms, and yet the recommended requirements on PC are a 770 and 290, cards that are vastly superior to those in the consoles?

Just give thanks and gratitude that CDPR at least made such an awesome game like this.
I bet It's going to be way better than anything you and I have ever played in a long while.
It blows TW1 & TW2 out of the water by leaps and bounds and any other recent RPG for that matter that I can think of.
At this point, I don't see how anyone can really complain, and my gut feeling tells me that any butt hurt feelings you might have right now will all but dissolve by the time you start playing the game yourself. ;)

Hi mods! Yes, off topic! Yes there's threads discussing this! Yes, this is all I have to say on the matter.
Have a nice day and upcoming weekend! =)

This is the so called circle jerk question when it comes to gaming, which we unfortunately have, because people in this industry is still quite childish and can't be fucking content that a game will look different depending on the quality of hardware each person have (which should be bloody logical by now).

Either CD RED did make it similar on all platforms and tells all interviewers this, in an effort to avoid causing an upset on console players, however this screws over high PC users... Or they did use the PC hardware to a maximum, comments on this on this to interviewers and then console players get upset that their version is inferior in terms of graphical fidelity... Or obviously the combination, where there is differences but they can't say it in fear of lash back from the console community which in this situation makes more sense, since Microsoft is one of their partners.

It's hard to tell at the moment where they are but based on people who played it on different systems the PC version is claimed to look as "easiest the best", I suggest though that you wait and see for further game play prior to release because there's so many more important issues rather than just fidelity to decide whether PC user's get a good experience (such as, the UI, Keyboard and mouse control, the amount of FPS you can squeeze out etc.)

I wouldn't give two shits about requirements given, we haven't seen the graphic settings the console are running on and what sort of tweaking we can do with the PC version. At the moment though the focus seems to be to even get the game bloody running at all (with all the 980 Sli systems they demonstrate it on). Hopefully we will see a interview/game play in the future where they demonstrate game play on lower end PC. I like for example to know the importance of hyper threading seeing as they've put that as a recommended feature, and most games doesn't use this feature at all (sometimes even damages it cause of the optimization).

That was an enjoyable interview. Straight questions, and new ones.

Will there be a chance to disable hints?

Yes, and then embark on a journey of a classic RPG-like adventurer. No one can accuse us of dumbing down the game. We’ve simply focused on making the plot, the world and the mechanics clear. We explain everything from the start, and every single character is introduced with a particular plotline. To be honest, the plot starts to unwind faster later one, after we’ve finished introducing everything in the beginning.
Hoorah. Bye bye exclamation marks.

It's got to mean the exclamation marks.
Right?

Right?

Thats great news. Would completely change the way I feel about Witcher Sense if the quest markers are gone. Which interview is that?

Thats great news. Would completely change the way I feel about Witcher Sense if the quest markers are gone. Which interview is that?
This one. The interview itself is from January, mind you.

OK, one post has just got a little over-heated and has been deleted, and a second got deleted because it was a reply to it.

If you want to continue discussing downgrade stuff, can you move to the appropriate thread please? Any further discussion here is subject to deletion.

I'm sure you know where the thread is, but if not:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34018-Graphic-downgrade
If you deleted it because I accidentally sent it twice (it seems cancelling "post reply" before it can load turns it into an edit), then I'd appreciate having it revived.

Otherwise, this is the interviews and articles thread, is it not? We're discussing what was said in the article, none of it was about a downgrade, it was about favoritism and optimization, there is a difference. If this is your definition of over-heated then you're certainly not helping CDPR, and have a poor resistance to their criticism.

If you deleted it because I accidentally sent it twice (it seems cancelling "post reply" before it can load turns it into an edit), then I'd appreciate having it revived.

No, that's not why it was deleted, nor was it deleted because it was critical of CDPR. I suggest you check your PMs.

Right?

Wait, what? This is the first time that I see that they have confirmed Vizima to be in the game - even though maybe it's going to take place only in one place (castle, some other building), but atleast something :)

Wait, what? This is the first time that I see that they have confirmed Vizima to be in the game - even though maybe it's going to take place only in one place (castle, some other building), but atleast something :)

We've known for a while that the prologue (White Orchard) is located next to Vizima.

I hope that the differences in armor between the Northern Kingdoms are noticeable, so not just color but also armor style. Nilfgaardian soldiers/knights have a different style of armor then the northerners. And in that shot the armor is black or brown, so I doubt those are soldiers of Temeria.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...on-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-300048881.html

Apparently Wikia and CDPR have announced a collaborative effort to provide information for gamers upon the games release.

The witcher already has a wiki doesn't it? Not sure why this collaboration should exist. The Witcher fans would have uploaded info from the Prima guide, or their own experiences onto the wiki page anyway.

It has one but they didn't get information directly from the devs until now apparently. I'm sure wikia is very excited for the access. It will likely lead to some very thorough information earlier in the process than we have seen for some other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom