How long do you think it will take you to beat the Witcher 3?

+

How long do you think it will take you to beat the Witcher 3?

• Total voters
Correction: The game is 100 hours long if you plan on doing all the quests, not "everything". There is a huge fucking world filled with things to do other than completing quests.

Woah.... highly subjective question. It would be much better to go off of playtime than real life time. Everyone spends a different amount of time playing games everyday. Some spend 10 hours a day, some spend 3, some only spend 5-6 hours per week.

And of course everyone has a different definition of what "beating" The Witcher 3 means. Some people are just going to beat the main story. Others are going to want to beat literally every side-quest, or maybe even complete multiple playthroughs to see all the different endings.

For me, personally, I expect it will take 80-100 hours before I am satisfied with "beating" The Witcher 3. It really depends on how repetitive the content gets. On the other hand though, I may never tire of playing this game :p

Last edited:
Probably a month.
I might Let's Play it right away, not sure yet, or I play it on my own first. No matter, I will probably need at least 2 - 3 weeks.

I doubt I ever will.
I'm notorious for playing games for awhile, then going on to another one.
No particular reason - maybe I have a short attention span and constantly seek the next new toy. :)

I'm not worried about how long it's going to take for me to finish the game. I'm worried about how many paths there is to choose. If there're more than two paths then I guess I'm doomed to try all of them... and say goodbye to social life for a while...

Since Dragon Age Inquisition took me 84 hours to complete, and that was 20 days of university-free days, I can easily tell that Witcher will take 1-2 months to complete. Especially when it comes right before exams :facepalm:

I certainly will take my time with this game. No less than 3 month for sur. I have all summer to play it so I ll use them. And if it is as good as I think I ll run it several times !

Now that is a good thread BUT it is too early for it!!!
Well,to answer your question
It will take months for me because I will be busy at that time so I will spend minimum 2-3 hours everyday.

Last edited:
It will likely take me around 200+ hours for my first complete playthrough.

People ask me at events how long the game is and I always say "Well, what are you going to do?" Different people play at different speeds. Some people do the basic critical path (the core storyline) and finish and are done. Some people do a few of the side quests as well. Some people don't want to miss a thing and do every side quest they can. Some people listen to the VO and move on. Some people take more time and read things as well. Some people barely use the in game systems (crafting, inventory, journal, etc) other people micromanage and spend a lot of time. Some people (like me) play the game on "easy" difficulty because they care about the story more than combat, so spend less time in fights than someone on a higher difficulty.

For me, I am what is considered a completionist. If there is a door to be opened, a chest to be looted, a side quest to do, reagents to collect, ect I'se gots to does it. I expect to spend about 200 hours (give or take a few depending on how much playtime I get on it before we launch). Otehr people will spend less, sme will spend more.

What you get out of it depends on what you want to do with what we've put into it. :)

I'm figuring at least two hundred hours over two months or longer. I play leisurely, and in a sufficiently open world I will wander a lot. I'll also be doing trials on a number of systems, so I can get a good idea of what sub-minimum configurations perform acceptably. And those will take time from my first main game.

I also hope that modding community will extend existence of Witcher 3 and give us additional hours to spend in the Sapkowski's world.

I'm gonna guess around 1-2 months. I wanna do as much as I can in this game, I wanna experience most if not all the sidequests, I wanna experience as many endings as I can.

What you get out of it depends on what you want to do with what we've put into it. :)
And on how good and motivating it will turn out! I call myself a completionist myself as well - but only if the game motivates me enough, even after dozens of hours. And I obviously don't only mean the main story and major side quests but also the door opening and chest looting... ;)

People ask me at events how long the game is and I always say "Well, what are you going to do?" Different people play at different speeds. Some people do the basic critical path (the core storyline) and finish and are done. Some people do a few of the side quests as well. Some people don't want to miss a thing and do every side quest they can. Some people listen to the VO and move on. Some people take more time and read things as well. Some people barely use the in game systems (crafting, inventory, journal, etc) other people micromanage and spend a lot of time. Some people (like me) play the game on "easy" difficulty because they care about the story more than combat, so spend less time in fights than someone on a higher difficulty.

For me, I am what is considered a completionist. If there is a door to be opened, a chest to be looted, a side quest to do, reagents to collect, ect I'se gots to does it. I expect to spend about 200 hours (give or take a few depending on how much playtime I get on it before we launch). Otehr people will spend less, sme will spend more.

Much like my way of playing. I cannot leave a stone unturned - even on second and third play-through. I always want the full experience and I expect I will be using hundreds upon hundreds of hours of TW3, However I will play on a harder difficulty - probably hard.

With all due respect, this seems like a ridiculous amount of time to spend with a game in one run. Especially a narrative driven experience. I've never dallied this long in a game, not even in Bethesda's or Larian's titles. I'm not saying I don't believe there's that much content in the game, but that there's a point of fatigue experienced by every gamer, and if you can spend that much time in one game without the compulsion of finishing it....holy shit.

With all due respect, this seems like a ridiculous amount of time to spend with a game in one run. (...) I'm not saying I don't believe there's that much content in the game, but that there's a point of fatigue experienced by every gamer, and if you can spend that much time in one game without the compulsion of finishing it....holy shit.
This. I'm a completionist myself (most of the time), so it's bad news for me I guess...although the amount of time I'll spend with the game also depends on how good it will actually be, of course. Somehow I always have this feeling that the monster hunts might get little boring after a while.

This. I'm a completionist myself (most of the time), so it's bad news for me I guess...although the amount of time I'll spend with the game also depends on how good it will actually be, of course. Somehow I always have this feeling that the monster hunts might get little boring after a while.

It also depends much on ratios. If "door opening" and "chest looting" is appropriately timed in the game I'll probably go for the 100%. But appropriately imo means that it only should be rather limited compared to more serious story-related stuff.

Newer Asssassin's Creed games like Black Flag are an unfamous example of how you can overdo generic side activities. It takes you far more time to gather all the collectibles and to loot all chests than it takes you to finish the story and even doing all the side activities.

So I'll probably never go for 100% if 50% of the time needed for it is just "generic" stuff like looting, exploration (without story integration) or hunting generic monsters. The ideal would probably be something like 40% main storyline, 40% side quests and 20% other things.

Another problem with huge open world games are the long walking times. If 100 hours of the 200 hours are just pointless walking to get from point A to point B I'll proabably lose motivation before getting even close to 100%. Game fatigue can be a tricky and nasty thing... :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom