The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
I just Wish that hopefully fast released RedKit will allow immersive modifications, like in Skyrim. I would love to see something like Frostfall, where you have to camp when you get cold or tired after long day of monster hunting, because otherwise your statistics would drop significantly, you would move slower, etc.
Or mod 'Cloaks of Skellige' also based on one from Skyrim which adds furry cloaks. Those two combined great and added so much immersion.

Last edited:
I wish to see some sea quests, in trailers we had chance to see Geralt on a ship, and there was some fighting on a ship also, it would be great if some company could hire Geralt for guarding the ship that carries some valuables, from sea monsters and pirates. We could also see in the trailers Geralt diving and watch ship above him burning. I think it would be cool :)

Just a suggestion in memory of Terry Pratchett

Hi, I'm sorry to bother you, but it occured to me if you would consider adding, as a sort of easter egg / way to pay our respect to late sir Terry Pratchett, the sword he made for himself into a DLC for W3. After all, he added some meteorite ore to the mold ;)

I hope the redkit for Witcher 3 will be released sooner than for The Witcher 2. Even If I will not use mods for my first playthrough. I want to experience The Game as it was meant to be. But on my second or my third... (My third most likely because master a witcher game takes time) I will please myself !!^^

I have another wish CDPR :)

I have been playing through the master piece that is the witcher 1 and have noted a detail that I think should be in the final game the witcher 3. In the first game during combat, after geralt had hit an enemy, blood would drip from his sword.

the effect was very simple in the game and used the same blood decal as those used for wounds but the results where quite amazing. As Geralt's sword swung in secular motions the blood thrown from the blade would create secular pasterns on the floor. the effect reminded me of the books, and descriptions of Gerlt's very bloody fights, which in the witcher 3, although we now have a particularly gory dismemberment system, feels strangle less violent, less bloody, even if dismemberment is a vast improvement.

Comparatively, between witcher 1 and 3, blood decals in the witcher 3 take seconds to disappear, and you barley have time to notice them before they are gone. the result is that violence seems less permanent thanks to the quick evaporation of blood. however this lack of permanence is the same for disappearing bodies in both in both the witcher 1 and 2, which you have corrected for the witcher 3, bodies now even serving to bait creatures, amazing :).

still I feel like the sight of blood dripping from gestalts sword again, would be one that would really impress and add to the feeling of combat as it did in the first game. however the blood that drips from geralt's sword in the witcher 1 does not do so in a realistic way, I don't know how much of a challenge it would be to implement in the witcher 3 in a believable way.

I have been observant enough to see that in the most recent footage shown of the game at PAX, there has been an attempt to do this. blood is thrown from Geralt's sword during the swing but its in the form of a two sided texture that trails out from the end of the sword as it passes through the air. its efficient I'm guessing , and still look ok i guess, but not as dynamic and as interesting as it might have been if it where made using particles, and also cannot be used to paint my walls red with :). which is a shame, because there use to be a really sweet particle based blood effect used in the 35 min demo that came off of the sword.

PAX demo

35 min demo

amazing! water splash by the way.

Attachments

• blood 1.jpg
    blood 1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 43
  • blood 2.jpg
    blood 2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 39
for my part, i wish that we get the option to disactivate the"auto-refill" that the alchemy system have, a good quest description so that you can find the locations linked to a quest using those informations alone, as well as a very quick release of the modding kit.

thank you for reading this post :)

720p/60fps Option for PS4

So yeah, what do you guys think?

I will love to have an option on the PS4 to have the game play at 720p with an unlocked framerate, hopefully reaching 60fps. Do you guys think this is possible? Do you guys think CD Projekt would be cool enough to give us this option?

900p with PC textures with be awesome too!! :)

If anybody know how to contact some devs please let me know, thanks.

So yeah, what do you guys think?

I will love to have an option on the PS4 to have the game play at 720p with an unlocked framerate, hopefully reaching 60fps. Do you guys think this is possible? Do you guys think CD Projekt would be cool enough to give us this option?

900p with PC textures with be awesome too!! :)

If anybody know how to contact some devs please let me know, thanks.

To reach 60 frame, low resolution is not enough.

True, they would need a faster CPU to work with, consoles CPU's are kind of limited. But I think that an "option" for 30fps/900p with better textures could be possible, or would I be wrong?

It makes no sense to reduce the overall resolution for better textures. You basically want the whole game looking less sharp in order to only get sharper textures?! Better textures means nothing else than textures with a higher resolution. These are pointless if your overall resolution is already less sharp...

One step forward, two steps back, mate. ;)

texture doesn't really depend on computing power,they depend on memory...
high res textures need more memory,that's why they use the same textures on both pc and consoles,so what you want to do makes no sense ^^
and I don't think that you could get an extra 30 fps by lowering resolution from 1080p to 720p...

It makes no sense to reduce the overall resolution for better textures. You basically want the whole game looking less sharp in order to only get sharper textures?! Better textures means nothing else than textures with a higher resolution. These are pointless if your overall resolution is already less sharp...

One step forward, two steps back, mate. ;)

Do you think? Because I have a 720p plasma and when let's say I played Skyrim with high res texture pack installed vs non texture pack, the game still looks a LOT better with the texture update.

The only good thing I see with the PS4 being 1080p all the time is that it would add a type of "supersample" effect on my resulting image?

Top Bottom