Movies / TV Shows!

+
You didn't say it properly:

'MURICA FUCK YEAH!

Frank is channeling Vladimir Putin in that picture:

View attachment 11373

So yeah Frank Underwood, American version of the KGB leader of the motherland.

Attachments

• Putinboss.jpg
    Putinboss.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I've been meaning to ask what others think of Gotham, so thank you :)
I watched around 5 or 6 episodes, but I just COULDN'T get into it, and I don't know why.

Well, for all it's worth, episode 7 was the best one in entire series, because they finally cut the crap and moved the story forward. Hell, it was so good that I honestly believed that this show finally found his way and from now on it's just gonna be better and better. I was dead wrong, but it was still a really fun episode to watch.

About Arrow, we have only 8 episodes of 3 season left and I still have no bloody idea where those writers are going and it's not a praise. The first episode twist was kinda rushed and forced, but I accepted that, because I believed they have some grand plan for entire season, but now I start to doubt it. Serious lack of proper build up to several crucial events, ridiculous deus ex machinas (magical drugs out of arse, pillow snow), main villains who do absolutely nothing until heroes knock on their doors and Oliver being more forgiving to MM then Batman ever was to Joker. It's just all so chaotic and almost nonsensical that it's hard to believe that those are the same creators who gave us really well done story arcs of first two seasons. I don't know, maybe it's because they are busy with Flash, upcoming Supergirl and another spin off show, so they don't have time to focus on Arrow anymore. For now the only parts that I really enjoy in season 3 are Oliver flashbacks and his relationship with Thea. I just hope the final episodes will be much higher quality and they rise this season from the rock bottom.

Well, for all it's worth, episode 7 was the best one in entire series, because they finally cut the crap and moved the story forward. Hell, it was so good that I honestly believed that this show finally found his way and from now on it's just gonna be better and better. I was dead wrong, but it was still a really fun episode to watch.

Thanks. I'm going to take it to Episode 7 and see how I feel after that. It's not much more, and it'll be worth it if the series improves.

About Arrow, we have only 8 episodes of 3 season left and I still have no bloody idea where those writers are going and it's not a praise. The first episode twist was kinda rushed and forced, but I accepted that, because I believed they have some grand plan for entire season, but now I start to doubt it. Serious lack of proper build up to several crucial events, ridiculous deus ex machinas (magical drugs out of arse, pillow snow), main villains who do absolutely nothing until heroes knock on their doors and Oliver being more forgiving to MM then Batman ever was to Joker. It's just all so chaotic and almost nonsensical that it's hard to believe that those are the same creators who gave us really well done story arcs of first two seasons. I don't know, maybe it's because they are busy with Flash, upcoming Supergirl and another spin off show, so they don't have time to focus on Arrow anymore. For now the only parts that I really enjoy in season 3 are Oliver flashbacks and his relationship with Thea. I just hope the final episodes will be much higher quality and they rise this season from the rock bottom.

In this season, it's all these disappearances that annoy me. It's a series called "Arrow", not "The great and wonderful ensemble team that help keep the city safe when the hero vanishes". I want to see him in action, not away recovering from a wound or contemplating his navel. And yes, those Deus Ex Machinas.

The only thing I really appreciated was the way they handled the Great Reveal with Thea, avoiding a repetition of all of the previous Great Reveals with Thea.

But there's something badly wrong when there's more focus on Atom than The Arrow. I wonder if this is going to be the last season?

Each season covers another year in the flashbacks, so we're gonna have at least two more seasons before the series may end, but of course nothing stops them from continuing it even after that point.

Fuck me, last night's Walking Dead was super brutal. I already knew who was going to die from a spoiler I saw earlier in the week, but didn't realize it was coming so soon and that it was going to be that graphic.

And screw Gabriel. What an asshole for throwing the group under the bus just because he is mad at them for making him lose faith.

Looks like it could be interesting. Also sexy lead. Do you know if it's going to be available internationally?

If there will be an international release, I think it might not have english dubbing. Subtitles only, I'm afraid. I should confess actually, that the budget of this movie is twice lower than the first season of Vikings had.

If there will be an international release, I think it might not have english dubbing. Subtitles only, I'm afraid. I should confess actually, that the budget of this movie is twice lower than the first season of Vikings had.

Subtitles is fine, in fact, I usually prefer it. You say that it's a prequel to Yaroslav. Is that also something you'd recommend? (I know damn-all about Russian movies)

You say that it's a prequel to Yaroslav. Is that also something you'd recommend? (I know damn-all about Russian movies)

Actually, no. I took a small part in it's creation, but I won't recommend anyone to watch it.

Because this movie is breaking the history. They killed one pretty important person. Harald Hardrada to be exact, who served to Yaroslav while being in exile and who later become a King of Norway. :)

Everything become a fiction in the end. Script writers wanted to add a bit more hollywood-ish flavour to it, but instead it end up a lot more confusing. And boring a little.

---------- Updated at 06:25 AM ----------

Aren't you working on this movie Val? :)
Yes, I do. Oh, if only I had authority to make a bear the main character in this movie. :p

Last edited:

One does not simply kill King Hardada.

Stamford Bridge, anyone?

(Seriously, any history in which Harald Hardrada doesn't live long enough to invade England and get his comeuppance at Stamford Bridge, is indeed a bit off.)

[Peter Nicolai Arbo (1870) Battle of Stamford Bridge]

Last edited:
Stamford Bridge, anyone?

(Seriously, any history in which Harald Hardrada doesn't live long enough to invade England and get his comeuppance at Stamford Bridge, is indeed a bit off.)

[Peter Nicolai Arbo (1870) Battle of Stamford Bridge]

Exactly! That's why I want to slap previous script writers so much. :mean:

On Gotham:

Thank you. I just watched Episode 7 and it's persuaded me to keep going. I really do WANT to like the show.

I have only ever seen 1 Russian movie that I can think of, 9th Company/9 Rota

9th Company was another movie very loosely based on a real events for the sake of Hollywood type drama. The biggest difference was in the ending: in reality only
six soldiers died in the final battle and 9th Company for sure wasn't forgotten or unappreciated.

I remember watching two more Russian movies (there was more, but right now I just can't think about any that wasn't Polish/Russian coproduction): Night Watch and Day Watch based on the novels by Siergiej Łukjanienko. The first one was a very unique and well done fantasy movie with original take on conflict between light and darkness. In some respects it reminds me Vampire: Masquarade, as the story is actually about preserving the balance, not good vs. evil.

Day Watch was more of a mixed bag to me. They added much more mindfuckery, especially in the end, and while this part is actually pretty clever, when you think about it, you can clearly see that they often choose "style over substance" approach. The biggest flaw of it's story is introduction of ancient artefact that is so OP it makes Ciri's powers look like Dandelion's combat skills. Yeah, it's that story breaking for me. That's why I didn't really like second movie, but I still think it's worth to check it out, just for this unique approach to stereotypical fantasy tropes and all of the good bits.

Top Bottom