Graphic downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it has more to do with the water and wet shaders causing a reflection. So when Geralt isn't wet, the light doesn't have an interaction with the shader, and hence, no violet light bouncing around his body.

Although when Geralt walks into the middle of the Yrden, without being wet, and is attacking the Wolf he still gets a purple effect passing over him.

Effect is there. But its not realtime light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9t8ppBDLU#t=1m57s Geralt is not wet here. But light still bounces to him. Not only him. Also around So not big deal. Or may be even different art style. But first one was cool.

---------- Updated at 02:12 PM ----------

That looks so bad......if the final game looks like that I'll be disappointed big time.

What looks so bad? Game looks amazing. Every aspect of it just amazing. Not SOD quality. But still beautiful. And "ULTRA"still there. )))))))))

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know when will come out that new trailer/gameplay that the facebook page announced? Last Sunday they said stay tuned, best is yet to come, and still nothing. Maybe they said something in the polish forum, I noticed that REDs communicate with fans there more than here.

I really hoped that new footage (if it is footage) will end all of this downgrade talk

Does anybody know when will come out that new trailer/gameplay that the facebook page announced? Last Sunday they said stay tuned, best is yet to come, and still nothing. Maybe they said something in the polish forum, I noticed that REDs communicate with fans there more than here.

I really hoped that new footage (if it is footage) will end all of this downgrade talk

"Soon" is all we know, could be today who knows.

---------- Updated at 02:35 PM ----------

Effect is there. But its not realtime light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9t8ppBDLU#t=1m57s Geralt is not wet here. But light still bounces to him. Not only him. Also around So not big deal. Or may be even different art style. But first one was cool.

---------- Updated at 02:12 PM ----------

What looks so bad? Game looks amazing. Every aspect of it just amazing. Not SOD quality. But still beautiful. And "ULTRA"still there. )))))))))

Everything....look at the lighting inside the cave and the foliage, so bad. Geralt's face seems like it has lost detail from the 35 min demo. Everything about it just looks downgraded from the 35 min demo. Just my opinion and what I am noticing.

@freakie1one , just to warp our last exchange, you're running into unsupported assumptions you were trying to escape from. You don't know how taxing those effects are, you don't know if those locations are barren by design, etc., so you cannot claim those effects are only deliverable if gameplay elements are turned off - which would amount to saying they are impossible to reproduce under normal conditions - unless you add a few caveats to that assertion.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time what you are doing is assuming that I'm making assumptions. I wasn't assuming anything that you claimed I was. I was simply stating facts. If you want to jump to conclusions based upon those facts then of course you're free to do so but please don't put words in my mouth.

It is a fact that when a game engine is rendering fewer assets simultaneously it will perform better than when rendering more assets simultaneously. That was my only point. No more, no less. To determine what assets the engine was rendering (and which it was not) simply watch the video. The effects shown are even labeled and anything not shown obviously wasn't being rendered since it wasn't present in the first place (no creatures shown roaming the gameworld, no combat shown, no spell effects shown, etc., etc.). I did not say these features were "turned on or turned off". I said these gameplay elements weren't shown in the video hence they weren't being rendered, regardless if the assets were or were not implemented in the build used (which is besides the point).

Just to make sure I'm being as clear as possible... imagine a game engine rendering nothing but scenery. Now add a single wolf to that scenery. Now add five wolves moving about to the scenery. Now add Geralt fighting those wolves using flashy moves and casting spells with spell effects. Now add blood splattering when Geralt cuts a wolf. Now add a lightning strike in the background and wind blowing leaves about. Each time a new asset is added to the scene it becomes more and more demanding to render that scene.

What did the nVidia video show? A bunch of empty scenery. It did not show any gameplay elements so the engine only had to render the scenery.

Last edited:
Last know footage when no one complained: (September 2014)

Even if just static screenshots...
This is how it should have stayed. No one would talk about a downgrade right now.
But I am sure the framerate was unstable at that point and console versions could not afford something like that.

Right now it seems like the smoke/fog/ that nasty feeling have just vanished.
Like if the "Rated M for mature"... was now a "Rated E for everyone"

I hope at least they will tone down the over-saturation that the game seems to have right now.

For the sake of Geralt and Andrzej Sapkowski's vision:

Last edited:
Not true? You just do not understand what i mean. The violet color still there. But its not realtime light. I mean this violet light does not cast violet color to nearby object. Watch this video carefully and to 35 min video. The particles are still there. But light is gone.

What do you mean? The color is casted on Gerald's foot. Watch the actual video if you don't believe me. What is different is the actual particle, changing from a fogy purple to something more akin to a beam.

@alexanderros

That looks beautiful... And it also shows the difference the weather conditions can make, for the atmosphere. Cloudy weather changes all the colour schemes, which is as it should be. (By the way, are those semi-volumetric clouds that I'm seeing in the distance? :) )

Oh, thanks for sharing here by the way :)

Ok, that's the SOD vegetation, rising from the LOW RESOLUTION ground texture:
View attachment 11445
I Retract my clam on plants from a while ago. Thought this is still not ultra given the crappy SSAO that gives Gerald this bad hallow.

Attachments

• The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_War_ravaged_these_lands,_nobody_lives_here_anymore.jpg
    The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_War_ravaged_these_lands,_nobody_lives_here_anymore.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom