Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because he is wrong?

Rather not but maybe because Andrej himself doesn't want that to be known that much. We know he is not that excited about the games, he doesn't like video games in general, didn't play TW1 or TW2, did not help much aside from answering some lore question and approving the map, did say he does not see the games as cannon or even as fanfiction, and basically does not want to have to do anything with the game whatsoever. At least that is what I got from this one interview they made with him some years ago.

One of the new screenshots published in the Gamestar magazine, now released on the Witcher's facebook page (showing Kaer Morhen's surroundings). :)

Beautiful if you ask me, especially the vegetation and the consistent, immersive "Gesamtkunstwerk" (although it seems that the draw distance was "cheated/enhanced" again). ;)

Last edited:
One of the new screenshots published in the Gamestar magazine, now released on the Witcher's facebook page (showing Kaer Morhen's surroundings). :) Beautiful if you ask me, especially the vegetation and the consistent, immersive "Gesamtkunstwerk" (although it seems that the draw distance was "cheated/enhanced" again). ;)

It's one of the best looking screenshots published in the Gamestar magazine. However, some details in screenshots from Gamestar looks really bland and bad in comparison to this. I'm talking especially about brick (it's horrible) and ground textures. They better not be published, because the downgrade talk will start again.

Last edited:
It's one of the best looking screenshots published in the Gamestar magazine. However, some details in screenshots from Gamestar looks really bland and bad in comparison to this. I'm talking especially about brick (it's horrible) and ground textures. They better not be published, because the downgrade talk will start again.
It's already known that texture quality won't be "excessive", even on PC. It's something we will have to live with at least until somebody perhaps mods better textures in. But I disagree with the "horrible" assessment. It's not perfect but still ok. This purely black or white thinking is kind of stupid. There is a middle ground between awesome and horrible if you ask me...

I didn't even notice the brick wall screen. I thought they fixed the complain with sharp linear edges with the brick walls?

It's already known that texture quality won't be "excessive", even on PC. It's something we will have to live with at least until somebody perhaps mods better textures in...

Yep, but in gameplay from January people were bitching about brick textures and some CDPR empoloyee told us that it should be fixed soon, seems like not :p

I didn't even notice the brick wall screen. I thought they fixed the complain with sharp linear edges with the brick walls?

You are talking about screenshots published in the Gamestar magazine ? Afaik we were told that it has been fixed already, but screens tells something else.

Last edited:
You are talking about screenshots published in the Gamestar magazine ? Afaik we were told that it has been fixed already, but screens tells something else.

Yep I was thinking of the screenshots from the Gamestar magazine. I didn't read they would upgrade the textures but as you it was my understanding that they already corrected the issue with those extremely sharp edges. I prey that they will get this fixed.

@Scholdarr.452 It might be the Ultra draw distance though. I mean, there is no "slider" per se, but as far as I understand there are different presets for draw distance.

Also, I purchased the magazine, and apart from the brick wall thing, I'm not seeing any bad textures :) Ground looks really good to me. But everyone for themselves I guess...

@blackgriffin Nope not yet. I think they mentioned something for this month but I'm not sure if that is still happening or I'm just wrong. The community thinks that it might be next week, because of a FB post saying to keep an eye out on their youtube channel.

A reminder that sharing/offering to share images from the recent gamestar article is in breach of copyright laws and is thus not allowed on the forum.

@blackgriffin Nope not yet. I think they mentioned something for this month but I'm not sure if that is still happening or I'm just wrong. The community thinks that it might be next week, because of a FB post saying to keep an eye out on their youtube channel.

Marcin mentioned a diary coming this month on the Polish side

Chill guys, maybe they did fix it already, because that shot with the buck in it, is about 3 months old. It was in gameinformer mag a month or two ago ;)

@Scholdarr.452 It might be the Ultra draw distance though. I mean, there is no "slider" per se, but as far as I understand there are different presets for draw distance.
The Gamestar journalist couldn't remember any setting for the draw distance. At this point I assume that the game decides the draw distance automatically based on other settings.

And I highly doubt that the screenshot features "ultra settings draw distance". In no way would a GTX 980 be able to deliver stable 60 FPS in such a scene with that kind of sharp and detailed textures (like the vegetation, trees) in the far distance IMHO. But we'll all see soon...

Post deleted.

You know, so far we've just been deleting posts that link to the Gamestar magazine content and reminding people that it isn't allowed. That may change to stronger action if it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom