map

+
We know nothing about south western area at this moment. Its very interesting area. Gors Velen must be there. Thanedd near.
View attachment 11630

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 72
I'm sadly confident Gors Velen is not in the Novigrad/No Man's Land map based on all the info and images that have been released thus far. Hopefully it is in one of the 5-6 other smaller areas that have been mentioned.

Post #212 by Scryar shows all of No Man's Land (aka Velen). No Gors Velen included. It would be in bottom left corner of the second image. No cities are there.

I looked at this background map before rather closely, and I must admit, I'm confused. How big is this place going to be really? The stylised map we have seen before is little or no help, and this just complicates the questions!

Judging by this: http://witcher.gamepedia.com/File:World_map.jpg Brokilon is supposed to be right east of the Skellige islands.

That map seems to match the image above.

This is what I mean: the backdrop map in the screenshot is the world map from the previous games; but, that blasted artistic map does not follow the same distance and location scaling. So, we're left with the question hanging, until they release more information, or until the game date.

It's not nearly as big as the background map. That is the world map. The game map is what was in the article/the images released with the collectors edition adds.

Doesn't seem right as it doesn't include Vizima and no Kaer Morhen either which is already confirmed as a reachable location. So I'd say there are good chances that Brokilon is in game (it's on the way from Skellige to Vizima or back anyway).

Exactly. Kaer Morhen and Vizima are definitely not part of the open world. That's rock-solid information and 100% confirmed.

Kaer Morhen will probably used mostly for flashbacks and the surroundings of Vizima are only part of the seperated prologue.

By the way, the world map in Gamestar is the official world map artwork done by CDPR, showing one of the two big open world areas inlcuding Novigrad and Oxenfurt. So yes, it's very much confirmed that my sketch on the last page shows the actual game world.

Last edited:
I am really confused.
It looked like Vizima and Kaer Morhen are part of the open world map in the Gamestar's map.
And thanks to @Kinley, Miles (one of the developers) was asked:
Kaer Morhen, what we can do there?
Is it just a prologue place or we can come back and explore -maybe a secret door, with secret book , with secret sword and secret story (at least as dlc)?
His answer was "Fully explorable region. And no, I'm not just speaking of the castle".
Maybe things have changed, or at least I hope they have. Maybe it is a surprise or something, since CDPR really seems to be into surprises these days :)

Last edited:
Exactly. Kaer Morhen and Vizima are definitely not part of the open world. That's rock-solid information and 100% confirmed.

Kaer Morhen will probably used mostly for flashbacks and the surroundings of Vizima are only part of the seperated prologue.

By the way, the world map in Gamestar is the official world map artwork done by CDPR, showing one of the two big open world areas inlcuding Novigrad and Oxenfurt. So yes, it's very much confirmed that my sketch on the last page shows the actual game world.

Your sketch doesn't match that map. Or I'm confused.

---------- Updated at 04:05 AM ----------

I am really confused.
It looked like Vizima and Kaer Morhen are part of the open world map in the Gamestar's map.

That's exactly what I thought as well. And that map looked different from the world map.

Anyway, I really hope Brokilon is in game. Not to include such major location which is geographically fitting as well would be strange.

Last edited:
Your sketch doesn't match that map. Or I'm confused.
The latter. Neither Kaer Morhen nor Vizima are part of the world map in TW3. Just have a look again where Oxenfurt lies on the traditional world map. Then look at the distance between Novigrad and Oxenfurt. Then you have a good measure for the size of the whole region.

The problem is that you think way too big. The map is much smaller than you guess. The wood on the left isn't Brokilon, it's just a random wood. Everything on that map if north-east of Gors Velen actually.

---------- Updated at 05:09 AM ----------

His answer was "Fully explorable region. And no, I'm not just speaking of the castle".
It is. But its a region on it's own, like the Vizima surroundings of the prologue. Both are not part of the Novigrad/No man's land region.

I don't really want to look at that map, I saw it briefly without looking into details. But I saw that it was a continuous map with Kaer Morhen included. Are you saying not all of that map will be accessible? What makes you think so?

I don't really want to look at that map, I saw it briefly without looking into details. But I saw that it was a continuous map with Kaer Morhen included. Are you saying not all of that map will be accessible?
There is no Kaer Morhen on that map...or do you mean "The Morhen Eye" on the far north-east? It can't be Kaer Morhen because that's ridiculously far away from Novigrad aka a few hundred kilometers or so...maybe it's an artistic trick of the REDS to get it on the same artwork map but it's definitely not a valid sign for the size of the map. And then again the name isn't really right. Why "The Morhen Eye"?

If you want to know how big the region is, take the distance between Novigrad and Oxenfurt. The region goes south for about three of that distances starting in Novigrad. You're not even in Gors Velen by that measurement. And Oxenfurt is pretty much the most eastern part of the map so it's impossible that Vizima would be part of it (not even talking about Kaer Morhen)...

And by the way, why don't you want to look at the map?

Top Bottom