Screenshot & Artwork collection - Part II

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

But the character model of the baron is frakking awesome! :yes:

To be honest only Baron picture seems bad to me. Almost Witcher 2 quality. Look at last 2 pictures and compare face skin with Baron's face. Skin shaders are awesome in last 2 pictures. But Baron's face looks like poor texture without any subsurface scattering.

Looks fantastic... only one thing that I don't like - the bloom effect on the merchant - more precisely the light on his arm.. the same bloom effect as in W2.. but yeah, otherwise it looks great

To be honest only Baron picture seems bad to me. Almost Witcher 2 quality. Look at last 2 pictures and compare face skin with Baron's face. Skin shaders are awesome in last 2 pictures. But Baron's face looks like poor texture without any subsurface scattering.
On might find technical weaknesses, but the baron oozes personality and character. You can find a story about him by just looking at his face.
(And his beard looks great, too!)

I know but the problem is that you can't change the distance to objects beyond a predefined limit. For example, if you drop a small object in a dark environment in real life you usually take a knee for searching it on the floor, reducing the distance between the object and your eyes. And of course you have your hands for trying to get ahold of it, feeling it. Both is impossible in games. If you drop a small item in a dark spot you can neither get closer for better eyesight nor could you feel it. You have to rely on being able to see it on the screen from where you stand. That's the reason why there is often some subtle background light in video games of that kind. I know that it hurts the realism, but it's a compromise I can certainly live with.

I know but that is just lazy game design as it can easily be avoided by using natural light sources or by not placing anything in dark places or at the very least important items. It shouldn't be that hard.

Anyway I don't see the problem. Even with mods in Skyrim you could still make out the things in the darker areas or corners. And just as some could argue that I can just drop the gamma I could argue don't drop your shit were you can't find it :p

Anyway I think it's a shame as it is just one of those little things that does so much to realism and immersion.

Again: think about his cat eye mutation. He can literally see in the dark. So it's not THAT unimmersive... ;)

I know I know, still prefer the other way around so I guess I just have to cross my fingers and hope that there's a friendly neighbourhood lighting modder out there that are a bit loose lore wise and like realistic lightning indoors too. :p

Oh wow those new screens and the fact that the beard will naturally grow is so amazing I can't wait to play the next installment in one of the best franchises to ever exist

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom