Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
well .... I guess I should post here ... :p

Got a new badass rig recently that will hopefully manage to run W3 as smoothly as possible when Ubersampling is out. (on 1920x1080 of course, because I am a retard).

Specs:
MotherBoard: MSI X99S Gaming 7 (way way overkill for what I need, I know).
GPU: 2x Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI
CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz
Main Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: 3 TB WD RED
SSD: Corsair LX 256GB SSD
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O 920 Liquid CPU Cooler System
Monitor: ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms (I have to say, gaming in 144 FPS is just a whole new level, you suddenly get a lot better at games like CS:GO :p)

Chassis: Phantom 820 NZXT (phantom muchentuchen :p but damn it looks intimidating, at least, to me and it has some damn good fans.)

PSU: Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W (yes, I have a 1200 watt PSU, yes, my country's electricity generators will blow up any minute now. Yes, 1200 watts is love, 1200 watts is life)

Keyboard: I fucking got the damn Raptor K50 keyboard Corsair keyboard, but the guy that invented lights on a keyboard needs a goddamn Nobel prize.

Mouse: Corsair M65 Vengeance Black, a really damn good mouse (no mouse accelaration needed :p)

And @Kinley @Sagitarii @Totalimmortal, you can't handle my 1200 watts :p

All in all, I am really happy with this rig, although very fucking expensive for what it is, no regrets so far.

Come at me, 1250W PSU here on a GTX 780Ti and a overclocked 2500k View attachment 11659

Attachments

• whoco5.gif
    whoco5.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 48
Btw. @KingHochmeister

What's your audio setup? That kind of monster rig kind of deserves a decent pair of headphones with a quality DAC/amp or a decent set of speakers if you want to get a proper audiovisual experience. ;)

Yeah. I know. I'm an audio whore.

hehe, I have an AKG 511 pair of headphones, they are quite decent to be honest, happy with them so far.

hehe, I have an AKG 511 pair of headphones, they are quite decent to be honest, happy with them so far.
Well for the price they probably are. But you might want to take a look at the benefits of having a higher quality headphones ($150-$200 price range) and a proper DAC (digital to analog converter) instead of using cheap headphones and plugging them into your PCs integrated or dedicated sound cards.

[video=youtube;B2PCt-LQXzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2PCt-LQXzI[/video]

Although when it comes to integrated sound cards, you probably have some of the best out there with that mobo. But nowhere near as good as an external DAC though.

Can anyone recommend stores to buy PC parts in Germany? I know of Computer Universe and Amazon.de. Where do our German members buy their parts?

@M4xw0lf @Aaden @Mataresa ?
Mostly K&M Computer or ARLT (because they have local shops, among other reasons). If it can be arranged I'll go to either of those or another local store which is irrelevant for ordering online. The biggest and probably most popular store is Alternate, but they tend to be a bit on the pricey side and recently disappointed a few colleagues and me with mediocre customer support. Mix Computer for the most part has the same products as Alternate, but often is a bit cheaper. I didn't even hear of Computer Universe, yet, and I avoid amazon as they make enough revenue as is and aren't particularly cheap (or complete in their range of products) when it comes to hardware. I rather support specialized shops.

@CostinRaz You might want to read this article then. Guy has been using watercooling for three years and writes about why he doesn't anymore.
Custom loops are probably not recommended for the average gamers. But sealed kits offer a nice boost in performance even compared against top tier air coolers. Especially if you want to overclock something like an i7.

It's still more noisy though. And putting liquid inside your PC is never a wise idea. When shopping for a liquid cooler you want to ensure its warranty covers any damages caused by a possible leak. That's why I went with the Corsair H100i.

Given the rather short life until obsolescence of modern CPUs, and the absence of arguments with any actual foundation one way or the other, there is no argument that holds water better than a leaky fitting that overclocking will shorten the useful life of your CPU.

I like eskiMoe's point that putting water inside your case is inviting trouble. But any cooling method that works for you and keeps the CPU operating temperature within designed limits is satisfactory.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend stores to buy PC parts in Germany? I know of Computer Universe and Amazon.de. Where do our German members buy their parts?

@M4xw0lf @Aaden @Mataresa?

I used to shop at Mindfactory a lot, but recently there are more unsatisfied customers, I hear. Amazon in general has unattractive prices when it comes to PC components (of course there happen to be good deals, too). Alternate is probably the largest and best reputed supplier, but also tends to be on the expensive side.
But i wholeheartedly recommend the use of geizhals.at/de for price comparison, if you didn't know it yet :) ( http://geizhals.at/de/?m=1)
Stay away from Pixmania.de ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom