The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not understand why you guys accuse Triss of taking advantage of Geralt's amnesia in order to get close to him.
It was Geralt who initiated the romance with Triss by telling her "I feel a bond when we speak" at the beginning of Witcher 1. After Geralt gives her the potion in WItcher 1 Triss tells him "All the feelings I tried to deny returned, stronger than ever", and Geralt responds by telling her "Triss I'm not ready to talk about the past". Triss clearly states that she has tried to "deny" her feelings for him, but Geralt is the one who cuts her off before she can get into the reason she tried to deny her feelings and their past. He then proceeds by telling her "What I felt when I learned you were alive... Hard to compare to anything, except maybe what I feel as I look at you", which is again a romantic advancement that Geralt initiates. Triss never initiated the romance, and it was Geralt who started it.
Geralt has had sex with Triss before he had amnesia, and it is undeniable that he has always been drawn to her. I sincerely believe that the Triss and Yennefer feud is Geralt's fault, because he leads Triss on in the books.
As far as manipulating and taking advantage goes, We can surely conclude that an amnesiac Geralt has nothing to offer but trouble. There is not one thing that Geralt has done for Triss except ruining her political status, making her homeless, almost getting her killed, getting her captured and turned into a statue, getting her tortured, and ... In return Triss has saved his life several times, she has provided him with a home, she has lied for him, she has stood by him after Foltest's assassination, she has prevented the Lodge from turning him into dust, and ... If she has manipulated Geralt, it has been for his own good. But all of this is as of so far.
Do I fully trust Triss ? No
Do I fully trust Yennefer ? No
I reserve my judgement for after playing the Witcher 3.
The only thing that I know is that Geralt's love for Ciri is the strongest emotion that derives him forward.

Has there been any news whether CDPR even giving us the option of Triss or Yennefer? Honestly as much as I love the first two games I would'nt put it past CDPR on making Ciri a romance option (as gross as it is). If this was any other company, romance options would mean relationships but for CDPR it just means sex and the never speaking to that women again.

Has there been any news whether CDPR even giving us the option of Triss or Yennefer?

Not explicitly stated, but extremely strong hints.

Honestly as much as I love the first two games I would'nt put it past CDPR on making Ciri a romance option (as gross as it is).

Won't happen, and I'm saddened that anyone would think that CDPR might do such a thing.

Can't i have both Triss and Yennefer? I mean sure Yennefer is his true love but Triss is a redhead......

....but for CDPR it just means sex and the never speaking to that women again.

The first game had this but i believe the second game does not unless i missed something. I think you're accusing CDPR without reason :)

Last edited:
Too bad we can't hook up with Shani ever again! (I'm joking -- sort of. . . .)

Nah Idk, Shani was nice at first, but her premature judgements and her quick angry reaction after I gave Alvin to Triss (because she is a damn sorceress and can help more with controlling his powers, at least if you go for logic here) I was pretty much through with her.

I trust Triss to a degree (well, game-Triss) while I do not trust Yennefer necessarily (well, book-Yennefer), but I think neither of them would like for Geralt or Ciri to be harmed. I'll have to decide what to do once I spend some time with both of them during TW3, depends on how they are presented in the game and how the situation turns out to be.

I might just end up leaving them both :p

Last edited:
Can't i have both Triss and Yennefer? I mean sure Yennefer is his true love but Triss is a redhead......

The first game had this but i believe the second game does not unless i missed something. I think you're accusing CDPR without reason :)

Ves, the elf girl, the succubus, and the legions of prostitutes. you might talk to ves but with no new dialougue.

Never did anything with those so i wasn't sure about them.

Still we've yet to see what TW3 will do when it comes to that. It's a very personal story it seems, centered around Geralt and his loved ones, so i doubt there will be much of that if any at all.

For everyone who can read German:
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/news/the_witcher_3,49062,3084166.html

Look at the gallery, the subtitle below the 3rd picture in the gallery states that the Witcher is supposed to have 16 hours of sex scenes, I am not sure if that is just an error and is actually supposed to mean 16 minutes, since that is more likely...... But even 16 minutes are enough if you think about the way sex scenes were handled in TW2, if you go by the lenght of those scenes in TW2 you end up with a lot of sexual encounters, although there might be multiple ones with Triss and Yennefer among them.

What they initially said was they filmed 16 hours worth of "sex scene motion capture data." It's not that there will be 16 hours of sex in game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-explains-why-the-witcher-3-has-16-hours-of-sex-scene-mo-cap-data/

Well but if they filmed 16h and not more than 3/4 or 2/3 of it was cut then we can at least expect 3 - 4 hours of sex scene motion capture data being used, so that'll surely end up as at least 2 hours worth of sex scene material, which of course can probably not be accessed in one single playthough due to the Triss/Yennefer choice and the fact that certain decisions/consequences might prevent some scenes from being accessible

I imagine a fair portion of the data will be used to make a variety of scenes involving "brothel employee no. ___." There is an entire district dedicated to brothel's in Novigrad. I would be surprised if there is even 15 minutes of actual sex scene footage committed to any one relationship involved in the main quest line. That would be 15 - one minute sex scenes (which is about how long the Eleven Bath's scene was I guess). A large portion of the data collected is likely to ensure variety for those players who like to engage in "side quests."

I imagine a fair portion of the data will be used to make a variety of scenes involving "brothel employee no. ___." There is an entire district dedicated to brothel's in Novigrad. I would be surprised if there is even 15 minutes of actual sex scene footage committed to any one relationship involved in the main quest line. That would be 15 - one minute sex scenes (which is about how long the Eleven Bath's scene was I guess). A large portion of the data collected is likely to ensure variety for those players who like to engage in "side quests."

Well I didn't say it will be 15 minutes of main story sex scenes. I think it will probably be multiple (2 - 3) scenes for each Yennefer and Triss, and then there will be lots of other ones scattered over the side quests.

Also - Ciri sex scene anyone? (Not with Geralt of course) Girls gonna have fun too ;)

:facepalm:
Those 16 hours are how much time they spent in Mocap studio recording sex-scenes. That doesn't represent hours or minutes of ingame footage..

What they initially said was they filmed 16 hours worth of "sex scene motion capture data." It's not that there will be 16 hours of sex in game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-explains-why-the-witcher-3-has-16-hours-of-sex-scene-mo-cap-data/

Interested to see how they are going to handle the Yen intimacy based on this interview. Is it going to be flashback's of the past or are they going to repeat Witcher's 2 route where Geralt started in bed with Triss. Before as someone who wants to follow a route of continuing to pursue Triss i hope it's not the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom