Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
4th paragraph talks how tough opponents and monsters that are higher than you are very common. the player when he first left the prologue area and went riding towards the next main quest he sees bandits who where much stronger than geralt (with a skull showing that they were of higher levels) even on the first village he met quests that where level 20.

5th talks about how the designers made the game to be a challenge but that they balanced it by making the main roads safer.

6th but if you go exploring a random cave dont be surprised if a level 7 geralt faces a level 25 wivern.

all in all interesting article, at first i was worried that CDP wasnt balancing the game properly. but on further thinking i see what they are trying to do. I get the feeling that they are doing something similar to Fallout NV. where they used overly strong monsters to lead the player on a certain path,. which in turn made for a more solid story.

Thanks for the posting. This worries me a little. I'm not some uber-gamer, so I am getting this sense of: Here's this huge, fascinating world to explore, but you better keep your ass to the King's Road if you don't want to get one-shotted for the first 15 hours. I don't mind challenges and surprises, or even metroid-vania style play, but I'm not wild about being hemmed in too much in an open-world game.

Ay, I don't remember anything about the decomposing bit, but I do recall that you can lure wolves to a spot by killing a deer; and corpses will attract the usual suspects from the bestiary.

I mean, yeah, that's what I meant :) I don't know if the bodies will procedurally decompose or something (don't think so). It's just that the mechanic is there so it feels like the decomposition of the bodies (smells/blood/etc.) are attracting the monsters/beasts.

I mean, yeah, that's what I meant :) I don't know if the bodies will procedurally decompose or something (don't think so). It's just that the mechanic is there so it feels like the decomposition of the bodies (smells/blood/etc.) are attracting the monsters/beasts.

I can see already how this little detail could lead to some very interesting, and unexpected game-play. Just imagine, you've just slaughtered a band of cut-throats, when a horde of ghouls -- or something worse -- attracted by the corpses, descends upon you en mass!

Thanks for the posting. This worries me a little. I'm not some uber-gamer, so I am getting this sense of: Here's this huge, fascinating world to explore, but you better keep your ass to the King's Road if you don't want to get one-shotted for the first 15 hours. I don't mind challenges and surprises, or even metroid-vania style play, but I'm not wild about being hemmed in too much in an open-world game.
Well, CDPR already announced a "story mode" easy difficulty setting. And if you just stick to a certain area for a while (losely following the main story) enemies which are a great number above your own level shouldn't even appear anywhere near you. If they do, just run, RUN.

But yes, this game was never meant as a complete free-roaming experience. It's actually a quite guided game with a great illusion of a vast, open world. ;)

Well, CDPR already announced a "story mode" easy difficulty setting. And if you just stick to a certain area for a while (losely following the main story) enemies which are a great number above your own level shouldn't even appear anywhere near you. If they do, just run, RUN.

But yes, this game was never meant as a complete free-roaming experience. It's actually a quite guided game with a great illusion of a vast, open world. ;)

Well to be frank here, it wouldn't make sense doing a main mission in one region and then just wandering off to the other side of the map and doing a mission there just for the heck of it. If you do a main mission, then find a side mission which leads you towards a place which you discover which has another side mission which is even further away it might make sense, but I don't expect this to happen all the time.

On the other hand, CDPR stated multiple times that you can start your main story on different points and move on on different point and that based on the order you do those separate parts of the main mission there ill be slightly different outcomes and you might have another unique perspective on the story which you wouldn't have had if you had done it in a different order.

So that sounds highly interesting......

(And yes I am pretty sure that fact is still up-to-date since this was re-confirmed/mentioned again not too long ago.

---------- Updated at 01:24 AM ----------

Naaah, don't worry, play The Witcher 1 and 2 as warm up, then go into The Witcher 3 and treat it like Dark Souls. You go, you do what you want, and if you die you go right back there and try it again. You'll get used to it after the first few hours.

(You might want to play Dark Souls as well before TW3, it seems CDPR did take a lot of inspiration from DS in terms of boss/monster fights. Look, analyze, memorize the pattern, react appropriately and beat that beast)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-...-hunt-interjú-török-balázzsal/948026468564887
Interview with Balazs Torok, Lead Engine Programmer. Maybe one of our Hungarian friends could translate it, because google translate kinda suck? ;)

I wonder if the quote here says the PS4 controllers won't be directly supported on the PC, or whether the team is working on it?

(Török Balázs) Az engine-nek nativ Xinput támogatása van, ami azt jelenti, hogy az Xbox 360 és az Xbox One kontrollerekkel minden működik, ezen kivül dolgozunk a PlayStation 4 kontroller-támogatáson is.

Also, the console versions of the game use a proprietary temporal anti-aliasing method. The devs will talk about it more when people can see the console footage.

Last edited:
Also, the console versions of the game use a proprietary temporal anti-aliasing method. The devs will talk about it more when people can see the console footage.
Hot DAMN. While TXAA(and hopefully SMAA T1x) is there on PC, I now want to try and see the results.

Oh man, oh man, oh man temporal AA, good going CDPR.
:yes:

So it looks like they didn't show it yet?
Oh nevermind. I should go to sleep... :)

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-...-hunt-interjú-török-balázzsal/948026468564887
Interview with Balazs Torok, Lead Engine Programmer. Maybe one of our Hungarian friends could translate it, because google translate kinda suck? ;)

Someone translate pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

doesnt have much new . up to what i have understood with google chrome

first four question are about introducing the dev. who he is, how he was hired , what he plays, etc.

5th question about dx12 and that the dx12 player cant run W3

6th is about the fur tech and that is only available on specific computers. and that consloles run something less powerful

ill add some more later.

doesnt have much new . up to what i have understood with google chrome

first four question are about introducing the dev. who he is, how he was hired , what he plays, etc.

5th question about dx12 and that the dx12 player cant run W3

6th is about the fur tech and that is only available on specific computers. and that consloles run something less powerful

ill add some more later.

Was hoping he would give some new details on the tech, oh well.

I wonder if the quote here says the PS4 controllers won't be directly supported on the PC, or whether the team is working on it?

Yeah basically. you can use 360 and xbone controllers on the pc but when it comes ps4 controllers they talk about "outside" ps4 controllers whatever that means ... my guess are ones that arent from sony.

Hot DAMN. While TXAA(and hopefully SMAA T1x) is there on PC, I now want to try and see the results.

Oh man, oh man, oh man temporal AA, good going CDPR.
:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom