Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah basically. you can use 360 and xbone controllers on the pc but when it comes ps4 controllers they talk about "outside" ps4 controllers whatever that means ... my guess are ones that arent from sony.

I'm not a Hungarian speaker, just going from Google. Could it have been native in-engine support vs external (i.e third-party software) support? Would that translation fit the words used?

I would guess so, Xbox/One controller is the only one that's supported in MOST games(XInput), anything else and the onus is entirely on you and I don't see that changing. This is what my DS4 using friends have recommended:
http://inputmapper.com/

That's probably as far as it will go except for a few games that might do more to support the DS4.

I'm not a Hungarian speaker, just going from Google. Could it have been native in-engine support vs external (i.e third-party software) support? Would that translation fit the words used?

yeah you might be right.

i got the translation like this
Q: The PC version regarding what controllers will support the game, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4?

A: The engine has native support you might say, which means that the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One controllers all work, working on the PlayStation 4-controller support is outside.

---------- Updated at 03:09 AM ----------

One small new bit is that while there will be snow and storms don't expect to see floods or avalanches.

I would guess so, Xbox/One controller is the only one that's supported in MOST games(XInput), anything else and the onus is entirely on you and I don't see that changing. This is what my DS4 using friends have recommended:
http://inputmapper.com/

That's probably as far as it will go except for a few games that might do more to support the DS4.

Yeah, that's what I use as well currently. No issues. The controller labels will be the only minor inconvenience.

7th was a huge pain to decode.

Q: How difficult was constructed so that an area as large as the Wild Hunt, which has, so you get to avoid filling in the discovery screen

A: it was actually in the game development is the hardest thing that we have seen. It is no exaggeration to say that for many years we have worked on this one thing, but I guess you can say it was worth it.

as i see it The question its how dificult it was to fill the world with POI and interesting things

8th question is about optimization and if they could lessen the system requirements.

they say that its unlikely they can decrease the requirements much lower, they might optimize the code a bit more but if they lessen the system requirement much more quality would suffer.

9th was the controller question

10th was about consoles and if they where easier to optimize.
They said that its easier because the base hardware is the same but that it also has its disadvantages.

one fan question was if they had to compromise their artistic vision (i think) because of the consoles. he answered that there where some compromises but it wasn't because of the consoles. and that they got very close to what they wanted to achieve.

Not much else really. there are a few more questions and a few repeated ones, but nothing new.

Last edited:
Oh man, oh man, oh man temporal AA, good going CDPR.

Yea hopefully whatever they've come up with is Solid.

Watching that recent Arkham Knight footage (Which was apparently on PS4) and it was shimmer city.
I guess you eventually get used to it (Much like I got used to the insane shimmering in RDR for example), but it just detracts from the overall beauty so much, and I would hate to see the same thing happen to TW3 for the Console guys out there.

yeah you might be right.

i got the translation like this
Q: The PC version regarding what controllers will support the game, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4?

A: The engine has native support you might say, which means that the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One controllers all work, working on the PlayStation 4-controller support is outside.

---------- Updated at 03:09 AM ----------

One small new bit is that while there will be snow and storms don't expect to see floods or avalanches.

Nice about the snow and storms, but I am wondering if the rain will make puddles and the will the snow accumulate on the ground? That would be awesome, but pretty advanced so I doubt it.

So, can any Hungarian speaker here be so kind as to provide a translation of this Balázs Török's interview (found by dani168 above):
https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-...-hunt-interjú-török-balázzsal/948026468564887
I'm not sure I undestood all the details correctly with Google Translate.

@Mohasz , maybe you could do it?
Thanks in advance.

---------- Updated at 11:04 AM ----------

New article in Russian with impressions from a yesterday's preview event in Moscow. Not much new info, apart from some new minor spoilers for the prologue part. Apparently, the reporter played the January build. The reporter says that Xbox version looks somewhat meh, while the PS4 version is considerably better, and PC version is better again, although he says that the PC version looks merely good, not extremely good (keep in mind that it's probably January build).

One interesting new bit is that the reporter says that everybody at this preview event fell in love with how geese look in the game :)

All in all, his impressions from the time with the game were very positive, and he says that the game is very immersive. The subtitle of the article is a pun, it says literally "wild hunt to play", which in Russian has the second meaning "extreme desire to play".

Last edited:
From the Russian article:
-Geralt meets depressed family asking what has happened and they tell him to go fuck himself. The journalist thinks they are regular NPCs. Later on he finds a quest board where he can read that the army has taken that family's son. He is wondering whether it will be possible to find that son on a battlefield.
Geralt meets a blacksmith, whose smithy was burned. Geralt must track down the arsonist. The interesting thing is that Geralt can choose a wrong path and not find him.
Geralt can force the arsonist to apologize blacksmith or to take a bribe. The journalist decides to do the 1st. A moment later, the arsonist hangs on a tree
Bears at the feast were killing Geralt a couple of times until he learned how to fight them(Geralt was at 15lvl already
The game was so great for the journalist that he forgot where he is or what time it is.

Last edited:
So, can any Hungarian speaker here be so kind as to provide a translation of this Balázs Török's interview (found by dani168 above):
https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-...-hunt-interjú-török-balázzsal/948026468564887
I'm not sure I undestood all the details correctly with Google Translate.

@Mohasz , maybe you could do it?
Thanks in advance.

---------- Updated at 11:04 AM ----------

New article in Russian with impressions from a yesterday's preview event in Moscow. Not much new info, apart from some new minor spoilers for the prologue part. Apparently, the reporter played the January build. The reporter says that Xbox version looks somewhat meh, while the PS4 version is considerably better, and PC version is better again, although he says that the PC version looks merely good, not extremely good (keep in mind that it's probably January build).

One interesting new bit is that the reporter says that everybody at this preview event fell in love with how geese look in the game :)

All in all, his impressions from the time with the game were very positive, and he says that the game is very immersive. The subtitle of the article is a pun, it says literally "wild hunt to play", which in Russian has the second meaning "extreme desire to play".

I think this was not January build. He said "PC on ultra looks good. But not amazing."

We know that in January build "ultra" was disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom