So how much did you spend on The Witcher 3?

+

Sken

Forum veteran
So are we including here future revenue lost due to flunking from Uni and being fired from my job, or...?
hmm, may need to consider the low self esteem if that were to occur. Lack of job, lack of education, mood swings, being broke, not looking attractive to the opposite sex, and the additional flow on effects.

Sounds like you are ploughed.

£44...thats right...44 quid.for months and months spent on several play throughs on xbox one...tis a bargain i tell thee....BOSH

Price of X1 Collector's edition
Price of steam edition
Price of Collector's edition guide book
Possibly price of a GTX 980 if i'm not satisfied with how my 780 runs it.

UPDATE: Ok well i decided to take advantage of a 20% off discount on a 980 which also comes with a free copy of Witcher 3. So i will get my steam copy refunded. Also grabbed a 512gb SSD which was also 20% off.

Last edited:
first it was:
140 € amazon germany preorder price TW3 CE

lost the preorder, now it is:
190 € over EBay and yeahgames as seller :(

PS: i rather would paid the the mony directly to CDPR its really to bad our lovely reds don't
have their own distribution system :(

I aim for a GTX 980 to, but since this is part of the initial PC Upgrade what started last year
i don t count that one in. Same goes for my "new" board, cpu, ram.

I believe it was around 43€ @ GOG after the discount of owning both The Witcher 1 and 2 there.

Although if we are to include any hardware upgrades. Much more.

Much much more..

Last edited:
Directly expenses:
Price of the game on GOG

Indirectly expenses:
The price in May or June of a GTX 980, although that can change if there are better options at that time.
A GF that goes shop AMOK in protest of me spending so much time playing.

Last edited:
36€ i believe it was on GOG for me
GTX 980 up from a 580
8GB of extra ram (16 in total now)
10 boxes of kleenex for wiping away the tears after hearing about delays.

£49.99 for ps4 game. Maybe a bit more if I go for the game guide. Not sure if I should get it or not. Not a bad price for the hours of enjoyment I will hopefully have.

Maybe a few more pounds might need to be spent for my game widow of a wife. You know just to keep the moaning down a little. Maybe a few quid on flowers or something.

Direct expenses:
€31.99 on GOG with W1&W2 discount

Future indirect expenses:
GTX970/GTX980(still thinking about it), 256GB SSD, new CPU cooler

Directly...
Witcher 3 CE for PS4- $150
Witcher 3 on GoG- $47
World of the Witcher- $28.06
CE strategy guide- $28.06

Indirectly....
New GPU, PSU, monitor and motherboard- estimate $800

€39 from GOG because i owned both the first and second games.
€440 for a GTX 970 ( which rocks by the way).

Nothing more to do than wait for now.

R$ 84,00 for the game on GOG ( US$ 32,00 the time I bought)
R$ 800,00 (US$ 250,00), if I win the lottery, for the CE edition here in Brazil
Plus
More 8 GB RAM+ 1-2 Terabyte 7200 rpm sata HD. No money for a SSD in this expensive Country
R$650,00

I would buy a 970 but I don't believe I will have the money :( . My 760 must suffice

I haven't preordered it and I'm not planning to. I never preorder a single game. I like to walk into a gaming shop and buy a retailer copy myself. It's kind of a ritual to me. Since I'm not too big on collector's editions, I think I'm going to stick with the "normal" version.

Also I'm planning to buy an Asus Gtx 980 Matrix. I already saved the money for it, but first I'd like to see how the game would run with my nice old Gainward Gtx770 Phantom. I wouldn't want to waste money on something that I would not use to it's full potential. Maybey I will also buy some additional RAM and another SSD for my PC, but that wouldn't be for The Witcher.

So I haven't spent a single penny ony TW3 yet, but I'm planning to buy the game and if I find it necessary I will invest in a new nVidia card in order to play the game smoothly with all its splendour.

Last edited:
first it was:
140 € amazon germany preorder price TW3 CE

lost the preorder, now it is:
190 € over EBay and yeahgames as seller :(

PS: i rather would paid the the mony directly to CDPR its really to bad our lovely reds don't
have their own distribution system :(

I aim for a GTX 980 to, but since this is part of the initial PC Upgrade what started last year
i don t count that one in. Same goes for my "new" board, cpu, ram.

How did you lose the preorder?

Edit: I have ordered the CE from amazon.de for 140 euros as well.

Zero thus far,

(1) GoG - $39.99 U.S.

OR

(2) Wait for AMD to release the R9 300 series. See what happens with the price of GTX 900 series. If price adjustment occurs, then purchase GTX 970 and get Witcher 3 included. If AMD pulls a magic rabbit out of the hat, then I'll consider that route as well.

There's no rush for me. The game or graphics cards aren't going away anytime soon.

Top Bottom