Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please continue to share ARTICLES and INTERVIEWS about TW3
Aye aye, sir!

- Optional highlight for easier finding of hidden items, places and easter eggs, which can be enabled in settings.
- Some ingame books will have lots of pages to read.
- Kids of Crach An Craite, who never been mentioned in the books. :hmm: (Yes, as you are Vernon.)
- And....... I wish more questions were more creative...

Last edited:
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/witcher-3-hands-gameplay-impressions-dev-details-video-427043 some quest spoilers in article

"Even more impressive is how responsive the AI is to the world around them. During my Witcher 3 hands-on demo a brief rainstorm swept through the village. Immediately villagers scrambled to take shelter under various awnings and entryways. They didn’t just stand there in default poses, either. The hunched over and blew into their hands to warm them. They shifted back and forth on each leg. They looked alive."

I'm glad they didn't lose this detail from TW1.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/witcher-3-hands-gameplay-impressions-dev-details-video-427043 some quest spoilers in article

"Even more impressive is how responsive the AI is to the world around them. During my Witcher 3 hands-on demo a brief rainstorm swept through the village. Immediately villagers scrambled to take shelter under various awnings and entryways. They didn’t just stand there in default poses, either. The hunched over and blew into their hands to warm them. They shifted back and forth on each leg. They looked alive."

I'm glad they didn't lose this detail from TW1.

Just noticed this on this preview, why do all the players play that quest of the dwarf and his forge, always choose the same option and have the same reaction? it really makes me think that this whole hands-ons are artificial somehow, that CDP's PR section are telling people to talk about this quest. all of them in the same way.

---------- Updated at 08:15 AM ----------

But on a nicer note for CDPR. i cant believe just how much CDP listens so its fans. i remember months ago discussions on currency and now they confirm 3 currncies and bank loans. im just blown away by those types of details.

Aye aye, sir!

- Optional highlight for easier finding of hidden items, places and easter eggs, which can be enabled in settings.
- Some ingame books will have lots of pages to read.
- Kids of Crach An Craite, who never been mentioned in the books. :hmm: (Yes, as you are Vernon.)
- And....... I wish more questions were more creative...

mdr the spoil like the little soldier ;)

Just noticed this on this preview, why do all the players play that quest of the dwarf and his forge, always choose the same option and have the same reaction? it really makes me think that this whole hands-ons are artificial somehow, that CDP's PR section are telling people to talk about this quest. all of them in the same way.

It's some really far fetched accusation, of course it couldn't be that they all choose the option that look more obviously ethical and that's why they were so surprised when it bite them in the ass. Not to mention other impressions that shows that they let them make any choice in the Skellige quest, affecting it in a major way, and other sidequests were they end up with a different results then others.

For example, in the gry-online video two journalists talk about how they completed the same sidequest and assume that their ending was a default one, until they talk about it and it turned out that it ended in completely different way for both of them.

They also mentioned oportunity of trading, like transporting goods from one region to the other, for example, in no mans land people dont have much food, so they will pay you higher price for it.

And they also mentioned that Geralt wont have enough money, but he must spend a big amount of it on weapons and equipment.

Sounds great :D

You mentioned the opportunity to bargain. Please tell us in detail about the economic system in the game. I understand that it will be more difficult than in previous installments?

In The Witcher 3, there are several regions, each with its own economy. You, if you wish, can engage in trade and make money by delivering certain goods from one region to another. No man's land, in Velen, say, the people are very poor and starving. If you buy food anywhere and will bring it back with you an they will give the best price. Also, some dealers are willing to pay you more for certain goods. For example, metal smiths will give you a higher price than other traders.

In some cases, Geralt will be able to influence the state of the local economy. For example, in the vicinity of some villages inhabited by a monster who terrorizes the village. If witcher kills the beast, then he will be able to subsequently buy goods from local merchants at lower prices, because with death of the creature roads will be safer, and trade become more brisk. And in such situation everything would be a little easier even for you.

We have a few in-game currency. The main currency - Novigradian Crown. They can be accepted everywhere. In addition, there is the second additional currency - Temerian Orens, that had circulated in the previous games, and Nilfgaardian Florins. After the Nilfgaard conquest of the former Temeria, some traders refuse to accept Orens, preferring to trade for florins. To avoid problems with a variety of currencies, Geralt can collect them, and then, once in Novigrad, exchange [for the crown] in Vivaldi's bank, which was mentioned in the book. Thus, the economic system we got is really complicated and, at the same time, quite realistic.

Geralt will be able to make deposits in banks of Novigrad?

As I recall, this option, as deposits, is not available in the game, but you will be able to take a credit in the bank and then buy something you want.

An analogue of the credit card?

Yes it is. Why not?

What about percents?

Well, first you have to pay for previously received credit before taking the new one.
This. Is. Absolutely. AMAZING.

Witcher 3 is really shaping up to be a very complex and complete game thanks to our community, which is given the power by CDPR to make its mark on the game. This is why I see being part of this community as a privilege.
My hats off to CDPR for empowering their fans, and my hats off to our community for coming up with the most thoughtful and amazing ideas throughout the years.
The Witcher 3 is going to leave its mark on the gaming industry.

The witcher sense comes to the rescue again: "points of interest" are highlighted in red, I only have to press "A" to listen to the Geralt's thoughts.

Yes, places worth visiting and undiscovered points of interest are marked with a question mark.

But why do we need all this? It reminds me of Skyrim, which always shows waypoints on the map and there is no reason for exploring, searching for something.

Jakub is historian and archaeologist by his basic education, and he is a doctorate of Cambridge University in the field of ancient history and archeology of the Mediterranean and Middle East.

Bloody hell. I'm impressed. Most video game companies have writters with no real bloody skill. Look at Gaider in Bioware: He was a hotel manager.

We have a few in-game currency. The main currency - Novigradian Crown. They can be accepted everywhere. In addition, there is the second additional currency - Temerian Orens, that had circulated in the previous games, and Nilfgaardian Florins.

YES. They did it as it should be done, no more one currency system that so many other games use.

But why do we need all this? It reminds me of Skyrim, which always shows waypoints on the map and there is no reason for exploring, searching for something.
Mostly because the unfortunate truth is that millions of people will buy the game of varying 'skill'. The 'concerns' of a dozen people on the internet that may have been playing videogames for a VERY LONG TIME simply cannot be the what's specifically catered to in the wide view of things. The part relevant to us these can be turned off/customized.

After reading and watching all the info in this thread, if you find any similitud with Skyrim after playing TW3 on May, please, come back here for kindly explain it. Meanwhile, and to be totally fair to CDPR, and TW3 being on equal footing, all of us we should try to refrain from making comparisons with other published games played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom