The General Videogame Thread

+
So they've released SW on every platform but last gen. That is how how it's done. Looks like I'll be gifting that game when hits another sale. It's also 64 bit now and they added another boss fight with Zilla. Sweet!

https://www.facebook.com/ShadowWarriorGame/posts/646823415448251?__mref=message_bubble

Good, another reason to replay it this time using the native Linux version :) And since they use DX11 in the new Windows version, it would be interesting to see what version of OpenGL they use in the Linux one.

---------- Updated at 08:44 PM ----------

For those who are interested, someone confirmed that Bioshock in the Humble Store is indeed DRM-free, despite the Steam warning (it's on major sale now by the way).

Last edited:
Some more KF2 gameplay showing the HUD a bit and pre-game lobby and general gameplay. ALong with an interview

Full match uncut 60FPS

[video=youtube;4prIMTtR8-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4prIMTtR8-M[/video]

Last edited:
So they've released SW on every platform but last gen. That is how how it's done. Looks like I'll be gifting that game when hits another sale. It's also 64 bit now and they added another boss fight with Zilla. Sweet!

https://www.facebook.com/ShadowWarriorGame/posts/646823415448251?__mref=message_bubble
Had SW in my Steam library for a while now. Maybe I should give it a try after this update.

And since it has a native 21:9 support I'm definitely going to try it out.

Last edited:
I just discovered that White Wolf is actually owned by CCP games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCP_Games
That probably explains why no one attempted to make any computer games based on the World of Darkness. CCP basically sits on it and while they canceled their own projects, it looks like they aren't going to let others make any either.

Great news!

Exanima was greenlit with this Monday's batch of games. The process went incredibly well, we had a hugely positive response with 87% voting "yes, I would buy this game" compared to an average of 30% in the top 50 out of over 1700 games. We also had an impressive 1500+ comments on our Greenlight page. Things are looking good for Exanima.

Link to Exanima's Greenlight page.

A huge thank you to everyone who voted for us and helped by spreading the word!

We plan to release Exanima on Steam some time in April, there is a bit of preparation involved and we're working on a launch trailer. Naturally we're also working on adding new content and features to the game. All our backers will receive a copy of Exanima with the launch and if for any reason the Steam launch should take longer than expected we will anyway release the game to you.

Best,

Bare Mettle

Thanks again to anyone who voted, you're awesome!

---------- Updated at 11:25 AM ----------

And a review someone did on Exanima: LINK

Some quotes from the article:

The combat is the best I’ve experienced in a game, mostly owing to a dynamic combat engine which effectively makes the combat procedurally generated, as in there are only a couple of animations (Overhead swing, soon thrust too) and the rest depends on the weight of the weapon, power of swing, whether its deflected off of something and if so then what, how hard, which direction etc, balance of the weapon, where on the weapon itself you connected etc. Its extremely complex but that doesn’t matter when you’re playing, its simple to control but will take you a very long time to master. If you’re someone who’s never really played isometric view games due to the lack of immersion then this may be the perfect game to change your mind. It is bloody, exciting and glorious. In the dark dingy dungeon where our scene is laid you will be fighting for your life against the undead, where your choice of a torch for sight, or a shield (Okay barrel-lid) for protection may mean the difference between pushing further and a restart. The game is a roguelike and as such a wrong move will cost you dearly.

I give Exanima 95/100 though as a major fan I’m biased (But as mentioned before I wouldn’t be biased if it was shit lol), it is not the longest dungeon crawler by far but oh my days it makes up for it with replayability and arena mode… The combat is singularly the best I’ve played in a game. The graphics, music and sense of foreboding/ dread are absolutely up there with the best and it’s grasp/ implementation of physics is incredible. The story unravels through letters, parchment and secret notes, all building up a dark tale of love, tragedy and magicks. I love Exanima insane amounts and to think that this is a stepping stone towards SG makes me weak at the knees. Bare Mettle I have no idea where you have come from but thank you, you’re quickly becoming my favorite developer.

Nice @freakie1one :) Glad to see your little baby is getting such positive feedback. Must be great seeing it released to the big world. When is Sui Generis expected?
No date has been given for SG. If they raise enough funds from Steam they plan on hiring more graphic artists and an animator to help speed up content creation. My guess is that SG will start alpha testing close to the end of this year.

LOL trolling a Scarecrow.

You know what? Fuck The Creative Assembly! I bought Attila yesterday for £20 and I've had three BSODs today and the worst Frame rate I've seen for a while at 20 FPS and lower! Fucking terrible optimization! :rant:

---------- Updated at 08:49 PM ----------

@KingHochmeister You where right mate.

You know what? Fuck The Creative Assembly! I bought Attila yesterday for £20 and I've had three BSODs today and the worst Frame rate I've seen for a while at 20 FPS and lower! Fucking terrible optimization! :rant:

---------- Updated at 08:49 PM ----------

@KingHochmeister You where right mate.

I'd say the problem is in your end if it's actually causing BSOD's, no matter how bad a game is optimized it shouldn't be able to damage the system enough it needs to restart :p

I'd say the problem is in your end if it's actually causing BSOD's, no matter how bad a game is optimized it shouldn't be able to damage the system enough it needs to restart :p

My system is way above the minimum specs for it, so I don't understand what's causing it.

---------- Updated at 09:13 PM ----------

By the way, have you ever played a Total War game before?

I've had three BSODs today

Fucking terrible optimization! :rant:
That sounds more like a hardware issue. Never had a game BSOD on me no matter how unoptimized broken turds they were. Have you checked your temps? Do you have any overclocks applied? Also have you tried running some really demanding games on your PC like Crysis 3?

Anyways, just picked up The Vanishing of Ethan Carter from the Steam sale. What's the general consensus regarding that game on this forum? :p

Last edited:
That sounds more like a hardware issue. Never had a game BSOD on me no matter how unoptimized broken turds they were. Have you checked your temps? Do you have any overclocks applied? Also have you tried running some really demanding games on your PC like Crysis 3?

Anyways, just picked up The Vanishing of Ethan Carter from the Steam sale. What's the general consensus regarding that game on this forum? :p

I don't have any overclocking on anything. My HD 6950 has everything set to "Use Application settings." I also don't have Crysis 3 due my EA boycott. I don't know what really demanding game I could run to check my system.

My system is way above the minimum specs for it, so I don't understand what's causing it.

---------- Updated at 09:13 PM ----------

By the way, have you ever played a Total War game before?

Check the event log on your PC, it usually gives more insight regarding why the BSOD happened, also pay attention to the error message it gives when the BSOD actually occurs, since you can google it.

And yeah I have played plenty of Total War games before.

Check the event log on your PC, it usually gives more insight regarding why the BSOD happened, also pay attention to the error message it gives when the BSOD actually occurs, since you can google it.

And yeah I have played plenty of Total War games before.

How do I get to that?

Top Bottom