Movies / TV Shows!

+
There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations.

Good decision.

I have always personally been a great fan of his work and Top Gear. Jeremy is a huge talent. He may be leaving the BBC but I am sure he will continue to entertain, challenge and amuse audiences for many years to come.

Whatever his views, this was absolutely NOT the right occasion to say this. You don't say "We're firing him for being a total dick, but really admire him and wish him the best in the future". They could have at least waited a few days.

Good decision.

It's a disproportionate response to what ultimately a few punches. ( and no I don't give a damn to hear anyone's moral condescension on how horrible Clarkson is ). Sure discipline Clarkson and have him publicly apologize to the guy while paying a decent fine, but firing someone over this? Meh. Granted it's technically them refusing to renew the contract so that is I suppose a reasonable response in theory, but in practice it's the same result.

Whatever his views, this was absolutely NOT the right occasion to say this. You don't say "We're firing him for being a total dick, but really admire him and wish him the best in the future". They could have at least waited a few days.

Why is that? It will help them stave off the large wave of anger coming from Top Gear fans over the decision. Also shows that if the rules had been different Tony Hall would have kept him, the wording of his statement makes it clear that he had his hands tied due to the rules.

I can't say I disagree in principle with the idea that everyone in a company should abide by the same rules regardless of rank, pay and popularity, but when said decision causes you to lose a big source of income as a company then I call into question the wisdom of said company.

Recently finished watching Deadwood. loved it. such a shame hbo cancelled the final season. Al Swearengen is my new favourite tv character.

Also just finished the first season of Vikings. Its alright, though i dont see all the rave about it. alot of it seemed very cliche. But I'll continue watching it.

Recently finished watching Deadwood. loved it. such a shame hbo cancelled the final season. Al Swearengen is my new favourite tv character.

really cool channel about directing and visual story telling

[video=youtube;doaQC-S8de8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doaQC-S8de8[/video]

pardon the internet slang, but craig's james bond always gave off a "manlet" vibe. i mean his proportions are all out of whack. he looks like he's only 5'5. and isn't he supposed to be portraying bond as a young agent? the last film showed him still trying to shaking off his demons and rookie habits. well, now he's 47, and he looks closer to 57 with long hanging face and pouty stiff upper lip of some british pensioner. does spectre fast forward the timeline by a decade? connery's bond debut showed him already in his prime, and he looked 35 at most.

Bloody fucking Floki. My reaction to the latest episode of Vikings...poor Ragnar. I hope he puts down that mad dog.

Last edited:
Bloody fucking Floki. My reaction to the latest episode of Vikings...poor Ragnar. I hope he puts down that mad dog.

They push the characters too far in this series. Why have Ragnar kill one of his own? I find it highly annoying. And he should gut Floki like a pig. He fought his own brother after all.

Why have Ragnar kill one of his own?

To keep the situation secret. It would undermine him greatly if it got out.

Ragnar's downfall is starting. I can see the pieces moving.

Last edited:
Black Sails anyone? Season 2 has been probably the best piece of TV entertainment that would come out this year. What is your reason for not watching it?

Love me some Black Sails. And the season 2 finale didn't disappoint, way better than season 1 where they left you hanging at the worst moment.

Definitely one of the better pirate shows out there.

Crossbones was so disappointing but then I watched Black Sails and wow. Just like you said, amazing tv show and a masterpiece of a finale. So intense. And it seems the ones who read treasure island were pleased by it
because of his leg

Talking about treasure island, do you think there is a chance the show take more liberties with the characters from the novel? I hope so. Especially for Flint.

Sooo...that last Vikings episode...was difficult to watch. Everyone is going crazy I tell you!!!!

THEY KILLED ATHELSTAN. THEY KILLED MY FUCKING FAVORITE CHARACTER :(((((((

Last edited:
On one hand you have to applaud Vikings for daring to do such a thing with a main character, on the other hand Floki is a savage cunt.

Sooo...that last Vikings episode...was difficult to watch. Everyone is going crazy I tell you!!!!

THEY KILLED ATHELSTAN. THEY KILLED MY FUCKING FAVORITE CHARACTER :(((((((

That ear cutting scene was pretty extreme for TV. Poor Judith. :(

This is the face of holy fuck I'm gonna lose an ear.

X Files is making a temporary return, and I think that's the perfect way to reboot such an exhaustive series. Sort of a tribute. My hoped are high. That crew did so much good work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...prising-roles-forthcoming-X-Files-reboot.html

Last edited:
That ear cutting scene was pretty extreme for TV. Poor Judith. :(

This is the face of holy fuck I'm gonna lose an ear.

Yeah, when you read about these punishments you say "oh it's just an ear". I don't really want to see a hanging, drawing and quartering in this show (or maybe I do lol). .

X Files is making a temporary return, and I think that's the perfect way to reboot such an exhaustive series. Sort of a tribute. My hoped are high. That crew did so much good work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...prising-roles-forthcoming-X-Files-reboot.html

I really liked Athelstan, he was the only normal guy around there and did you see how Ragnar was talking to him in that last episode? I swear he was in love with him lmao. He cared about Athelstan more than he cared about his bitch wife.

Talking about treasure island, do you think there is a chance the show take more liberties with the characters from the novel? I hope so. Especially for Flint.

Well I think they're already taking quite a bit of liberty with the characters. So I think there's a fair bet they'll take characters into areas we might not expect, in the future (look at Flint in season 2).

Top Bottom