Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This of course assumes something akin to "Wardrobe & Style" is in the game and has some effect, maybe the Corp NPCs will pay you less or not offer jobs at all if you show up for an interview looking like a street vagrant.

I find it ironic how so many of the skills I disdained when I was playing now matter so much to me in the CRPG. I want Rockerboys in. I want Corp plotlines in. I really, REALLY want W&S and Personal Grooming and Fast Talk/Persuade and Human Perception to matter in the CRPG, whereas in the PnP playing a Nomad, Cop or Solo I tended to leave that to others.

But I look forward to the dialogue trees that CDPR and Mike P will give us to try out, and the amusing and apropos effects that W&S or Personal Grooming would have in-game. AS much or more so than how the game lets me use Kerenzikov or Thai Kick Boxing in game.

I wonder if that means I've grown up?

Since MP is going to be very much part of the game,
I would very much like to have customizable apartment

And to show people around.

See the fine silverware, that billion dollar piano and my overall good taste

And see explosive booby traps

See booby trap explode
see me collect body parts.

kekeke..... kekekkekekeke

These people are so naive, they will never figure out what I'm up to.

Since MP is going to be very much part of the game,

Might I inquire where you got this info?
Last I heard there's a possibility there may be a multiplayer component to the game. That's hardly the same as making it a multiplayer campaign (and no, that's not the same as it being an MMO which it definitely will not be).

Relevant sections

Rumours began about multiplayer when CDPR advertised for a Multiplayer Programmer last year. The studio then attempted to brush off the attention by saying it was exploring all possible angles for its games.

Badowski told me that Cyberpunk 2077, like The Witcher 3, will also be an open world game - albeit in a very different setting. "The first and most important environment for Cyberpunk is the city, obviously," he said. "But not only the city: you can expect some more environments in the Cyberpunk game. We want to start in the Night City, which is cool. And yes it will be an open world game as well."

Unlike The Witcher 3, however, Cyberpunk 2077 won't revolve around a pre-defined hero. This means there will be more freedom to the open world, to who you are and to what you can do. In The Witcher 3, for example, hero Geralt can't massacre civilians because that wouldn't adhere to The Witcher fiction. "We'll have different situation in Cyberpunk," said Badowski. "Cyberpunk will have different character classes."

Having different character classes and no pre-defined hero loosens constraints on multiplayer, too. When I asked Badowski if there would ever be a Witcher MMO, he dismissed the idea with a chuckle. Simply, it wouldn't make fiction-sense to have 10 white-haired Geralts running around.

Simply, it wouldn't make fiction-sense to have 10 white-haired Geralts running around.

Yes, but it would look hilariously awesome.

My Dream RPG: 10 White Haired Geralts.

GerALT ( get it?)
Jeralt
Grealt
Ger4lt
G3ralt

and more.

You left out the direct quote, though:

"It will be a story-based RPG experience with amazing single-player playthroughs, but we're going to add multiplayer features," CDPR managing director Adam Badowski told me."

And Now, let us repair this discussion to the MP thread. WHere it belongs ish.

Open world, just like W3, everything is permitted, complete players freedom of choice.
No holding hands.
Stealth if possible, achieving goals in the darkness instead of a frontal assault, thinking outside the box.
Replay value.

A dude with white hair called Geralt as a side character (ok i'm joking here...)

- Open world, but as an open hub design where the player can freely traverse between each and whose size is adequate to present wide variety of different interactions and exploration both on foot and by vehicles, rather than one big map. It's a huge city, Night City, there's no justice done to it by compressing it all into one space GTA style. Hubs allow thematically consistent content chunks of plausible size that leave (most of) the unnecessary portions out and retains the illusion of being somewhere huge without the game resembling a miniaturized patchwork quilt; and, I'd think, are easier to implement too. There's no shame or inconvenience in loading screens.

- Character creation as in PnP. Pick a career and career skills and possible pick up skills. Assign the points as you see fit (maybe max out hand guns and motorcycle and leave something else lower, and play a Cyber-Lucky Luke with your motorised Jolly Jumper; maybe something else).

- Every action that has a skill governing it, is handled as per the PnP rules -- an attempt at the task (and if it is easy enough that there's no call for probability, the results may simply occur). Excepting possible vehicular movement, where the possible skill should appropriately affect the steering and possibilities with said vehicle.

That also means that for every bullet fired, there's a dice roll (calculating a cone of fire, if to-hit rolls feel like "too much) -- accounting for distance, movement, recoil, target movement, et cetera. If the player hasn't built a character that's suitable for combat, s/he doesn't need nor deserve fluidly working action.

- Long and short term reactivity from character build (career, skills, attributes), quest choices, interactions with the world and its inhabitants -- from the interplay of those.

- Multi-choice multi-path quests. Some with time sensitivity (consequences from inaction).

And there'd be more, but I've writte this stuff in some form already before....

Last edited:
Again I'll mention Saints Row IV.
The city seemed large enough to me and reasonably well populated with traffic and pedestrians. Admittedly most weren't terribly interact-able and there were maybe a dozen models for each, but they were there, they were moving around, you could run them over. True most of the buildings weren't terribly detailed, but neither were they horrible. And I have zero issues with a loading screen when entering or leaving a building.

It is large enough for what the game intends (which is to give a large prop city to roam around in; where the bulk of interactivity comes from covering distances). And so are the maps in the GTA's and the dog games. But from where I'm looking at at this, it's thematic (as well as structural) matter. I'd rather have the illusion of size while operating within smaller and more interactable and detailed chunks that give the feeling of being part of something bigger; these places wouldn't need down scaling, or little at most, nor too much filler props (for the sake of it). Instead of juggling with whether there's too much or too little less detailed props to depict a singular map. I don't think every nook and cranny needs to be shown (for the sake of filling the map); it suffices if the player "knows" they exist within the fiction of the place.

VtMB has the right idea; though obviously the hubs would need to be far, far larger (I don't really mind all that much, but I know many others do).

That's my point of view on this. I think CP should strive to offer something far richer and varied (than a proverbial GTA clone) for its world; for the RPG it tries to be.

Last edited:
Kinda 50/50 from my point of view.
If you want an "urban" feel you need a big load screen free city.
If you want significant interactivity with the environment you need hubs.
Sure you can try to do both ... and probably do neither well.

You know what my idea for a dream RPG would be. An RPG set in WWII where you get to experience what life was like during those days, where you get to fly cool airplanes and fight in ground battles, and maybe you get to play as different characters on different sides of the war, and you get to experience the culture and interact with the people of those days!! Maybe CDPR can make that happen and the game can have like short stories from events during the war, each with a different character! (I got this inspiration after watching so many WWII documentaries).

this game must be colourful, i mean, really colourful, and sharp, good detailed graphics, textures, colours, shadows, lights, chromatic aberration,
so colour/sharpening, inector mods are not needed, there are enough dull looking games out there, nobody likes a game that is grey and dull

this game must be colourful, i mean, really colourful, and sharp, good detailed graphics, textures, colours, shadows, lights, chromatic aberration, so colour/sharpening, inector mods are not needed, there are enough dull looking games out there, nobody likes a game that is grey and dull

I'll agree it should be colorful, but not because it should be a flashy game, but because the world of Cyberpunk is about "form over substance".

Ideas for Cyberpunk 2077

---------- Updated at 02:20 PM ----------

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

Mainly I would like the game can be played with a third-person view as it is in The Witcher saga, but with all current gameplay mechanics of a good third person shooter, with well crafted animations.

I also like the game look very worked Melee body, make it fun and fluid (by that I mean the game with third-person view).

That decisions and actions we take with our character have a significant impact to produce changes in the game world and the argument.

That the main and side quests are different in every game we play, because the decisions we make will change the course of the game's storyline, missions offering different functions of decisions and actions. That is, the game replay and very varied.

There is a very high level of customization for the character, both in character creation, and then when we jugandos.

There is a fairly broad skill tree (but without the presence of super powers and things like that).

The character must eat, sleep, drink water, use of drugs when you are hurt, to stay alive and actively stronger.

You can interact with any NPC in the game, to ask us a favor or we will ask for help to him, or to stay and go play a minigame or friend becomes of our character, etc. The NPC's are full of things to do, that have different hobbies, jobs, etc ... if possible, in this respect, is something like that seen in Watch Dogs, where NPCs are very important in the game, no part of the plot ... something but improved.

You have a lot of major and minor characters linked to the game's storyline, and you can interact with them outside of missions.

The main and secondary characters have a large produndidad and always have something new to tell.

There is a fairly wide black market where you can buy weapons, ammunition, clothing, food, medicias, drugs, etc.

There are 2 megacorporations that dominate the city by at least 3 major Mafia families and about 4 factions of gang / junkies in the city and meet them.

May we join any of those 3 mafia family or any of those 4 factions gang, or join the police squad and infiltrate some of these organizations or organized crime megacorporations.

You can make use of a variety of firearms and bladed weapons or melee. That firearms are customizable (both its aesthetic and its operation). Also, the weapons of our character and mafias and gangs, less sophisticated than those of the police and special forces (if they can be Kalashnikovs with a cyberpunk style much better: D) weapons.

You can make use of vehicles to mobilize around the city and its surroundings.

That a wide variety of activities outside prinicipales and side quests, mini-games (play poker, blackjack, darts, street fighting melee, among others that you can think of). Also more real and organic activities, as we can go on our own as a mercenary and stealing shipments of technology products or weapons or food or medicine, then sell on the black market and have more money to keep improving our character (ie, to be of importance and value for money in the game), a NPC instruct us to do something for him (as murdering another NPC, find someone who is lost or kidnapped, get some medicine, take somewhere, etc).

That decisions are morally strong and define the continuity of major and minor characters as well as organizations within the game.

There is a day / night cycle in real time, worked well with climatic variations.

That all the actions we take in the game occur in real time and if they are of great importance, can be seen on the news of the game.

Our character is gained popularity within the city and go being taken into account by all (either in a good way or bad way).

That game map consists of a very large, very dense city, which sits really alive, with many NPC's doing a variety of different things (which as I said, we can interact with them for anything). That it can go into a lot of edficios, houses and premises in the city. There is a variety of shops, local club's night, etc.

The game count with a higher Witcher 3, where the NPCs respond more real way to different situations that may occur within the game artificial intelligence.

The physical and animations are more realistic game in The Witcher 3.

The game run quite fluid and is well optimized in PS4 and PC.

That's all for now, I hope to take some of my ideas and put in the game. . Although I feel I've come quite late :( But if by chance the game will launch in late 2016, I believe that if they can get some of my ideas and use them;).

A big hug to all the team at CD Projetk RED, part of this faithful follower of his masterpieces in video games. Greetings from Venezuela and apologize for errors or inconsistencies in the text, I had to use google translator because my English is not very good.

While every NPC in the game being able to respond to some things would be desirable: run when a firefight erupts, answer VERY basic questions (which way is X, do you know Y, etc.), maybe yell at you if you run/drive past them at high speed; such responses would have to be fairly generic. Because crafting several dozen/hundred truly reactive NPCs would be a "bit" much.

And I'll take a non-reactive crowd to a reactive half-dozen any day. It's a city, it NEEDS a population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom