TW3 Save game import

+
Made a little vid regarding the different choices from w2 ;)

This is very helpful. I never played TW1 as I'm on Console.
So I plan to watch the TW1 cutscene movie on youtube and replay TW2 first, that'll make it fresh and there is still enough time to go...

Guest 3790055

Do you know if save files from a modded game (Full combat rebalance) will work?
I hope so :)

The Witcher 2 savegames to The Witcher 3

Hi,
I was wondering if, for example, I have a savegame finished of The Witcher 2 on Steam, would i be able to use it on a retail copy?

Thank you beforehand

Do you know if save files from a modded game (Full combat rebalance) will work?
I hope so :)

Me to. But importing the saves from the Mod means you don´t have the Addan Deith at the beginning of TW 3, caus it was cut out by the Mod. Which is surely a pity and somehow still a lore breaker for me (since it originally adds to the Wild Hunt-Knowledge).

I know they've said very little about what'll be transferred with the save files, and I'm not anticipating that much, beyond the token mentions of our choices, maybe a few coins, perhaps some weapons and armour. However, what I wish they would allow us to bring with us is some of the abilities we gained in Assassins of Kings, like 'Winter's Shroud', 'Strong Back', 'Assassin', and 'Resistance to Magic '. (After seeing some of the inventory, it looks like 'Strong Back' would help quite a bit: 150 carrying capacity at level 30, and 60 capacity earlier on? Hmmm.)

Attachments

• UI.jpg
    UI.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Choises from PC to PS4

I know that you can import you saving files from witcher 2 if you played it on pc and gonna play witcher 3 on pc too, but in my case, I played Witcher 2 on pc but will be playing number 3 on ps4. Have anyone heard or read anything about being able to "tell" the game some of the choises you made in number 2 so that the game goes on from there or will you have to start from scratch if you play the ps4 version?

There will be in game import system(where you tell the game a choices). Choices will come through but probably no equipment.

I hope for those of us who import a game we get some of our end-game gear from TW2. It sucked only having stuff like the Vran armor or some of the better swords for about 5 minutes at the end of the game.

Well, having just done another playthrough of TW2, I've changed my mind. I'm going with Roche/Triss, with everyone else left alive where possible. I was planning to save Anais in the hope of seeing how she and Adda were getting on together, but I think I'd prefer the Council established.

So it'll start similar to TW2 then? The Roche interview sort of thing where we'll choose what state the world is in?

Last edited:
My "canon" playthrough:

TW1: Helping out the elves and dwarves but remaining neutral in the end. Saving princess Adda. Helping Vincent Meis. Helping out Thaler. Not giving Alvin/Aldersberg to Eredin.

TW2: Sparing Aryan. Giving Iorveth his sword. Helping Roche - killing Loredo. Sparing Henselt. Saving Iorveth. Bringing justice to Maravel and Kimbolt. Saving Triss, thus avoiding the massacre of the Council and Conclave, clearing Triss' name and undermining the plot of Emhyr. Sparing Sheala. Sparing Letho.

Last edited:
would it be possible generous volunteers link their last saved files with the differents options in a special thread in this forum? Yes, I know, I'm asking for too much.

Top Bottom