Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Absolutely. When I answer the "how long is the game" question, I always say "It depends on how much you choose to do". There is a MASSIVE amount of optional content in the game for those who want to play it, but not everyone plays a game like Wild Hunt the same way. Some people choose to basically play the critical path (the core storyline that gets you from the start till the end of the game). Sure, maybe a few sidequests or a little exploration, but mostly the crit path and done. These people will still enjoy the game as the crit path alone is a great story, but they will not play for 200 hours. Other people will do more side quests or crafting, or exploration or Gwent games or take longer in combat or whatever. These people will play between 50-200 hours, again, depending on how much they choose to do. And there will be those people who do absolutely everything, read all the text, scrutinize maps, plan combats to the letter, visit everything, see everything, collect everything. These are the people who will get 200ish hours out of the game.

There is a lot of optional, fun content in Wild Hunt, but what you get out of it, depends on the time you put into it. Your results may vary. :)

The thing it´s the replayability. you have 36 final world states, i dont know how many starting word states you have if you import the save or you talk with Jaskier. maybe you can even carry some decitions from the witcher one
ada is alive or sigfried
. And depending on the opening state of the game you will have some quests or not.
the game looks massive and we have not touched the tip or the iceberg.... we also have 16 dlc. sorry for the bad english guys im from argentina.

Link to the article ?
It's obvious that Witcher 3: Wild Hunt could look better, but at what cost ? Consoles wouldn't run it same as low- and mid-end PCs and releasing game for small group of people would be a horrible move.

Oh, wccftech needs them clicks.

"Fantasy Red Dead Redemption"

My fucking god. That is the most hyped 'description' I could have ever asked for.

Red Dead Redemption was truly god tier.
Yes!
My Adult Fantasy RPG Come True!
I have been playing a lot RDR again, just to see how much more bad ass TW3 is.
:)

Link to the article ?
It's obvious that Witcher 3: Wild Hunt could look better, but at what cost ? Consoles wouldn't run it same as low- and mid-end PCs and releasing game for small group of people would be a horrible move.

Yea, i've always said this.

It's frustrating but blaming consoles is flat out ignorant. The group of PC gamers with capable rigs is the minority, truth is most of them own low-mid end rigs and this is really reflective on PC exclusives / most played games. Usually extremely toaster friendly with low visual quality.

If the downgrade turns out to be real, i'll be salty but I understand why.

Yea, i've always said this.

It's frustrating but blaming consoles is flat out ignorant. The group of PC gamers with capable rigs is the minority, truth is most of them own low-mid end rigs and this is really reflective on PC exclusives / most played games. Usually extremely toaster friendly with low visual quality.

If the downgrade turns out to be real, i'll be salty but I understand why.

Dude i dont have nothing against console ; But you are so wrong. Look crysis 3 . The game at ultra settings was impossible to run with a High end pc . In that time 1 geforce Titan was unable to play at 60 fps But the ultra settings where there ; and with time most people run Crysis 3 Ultra / 30 fps with Regular price hardware . Don't make promises that you cannot keep

Last edited:
I've been saying this for months, they had to make cut backs cuz they don't want the console versions to be that big of a difference from PC users. Pc users will complain sure but it's a small market compared to console market.

If pc version was far superior it would hurt the sales on console a lot, and the backlash would be a lot more than what's on these boards.

Now with saying that they could end up pleasing both sides by releasing the mod kit a few months after release. Making it easy for modders to make the game look like it did in 2012. Hopefully the game will be easy to mod and those Gfx options from 2012 can be used. Time will tell....

I read the "article" in that link three times and I feel I'm going crazy. I must be missing something. Where does the title of this thread come from? What's it got to do with the link?

help?

Also, it's May 19, not 16, Jeff Williams. C'mon.

They changed the article, the original was some journalist taking a quote from Damien and using it to outright call the game being downgraded because of the consoles.

Link to the article ?

Wut?
Consoles would run with the currently image quality, and the highest settings would be for the future on PC.
To limite the quality on PC because no one could run today is no sense.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/04...we-havent-even-seen-the-tip-of-the-iceberg-2/
There’s a war in the background. The example that you’ve given, I can’t really tell you anything, but we have some really epic… That word gets thrown around too much, but it truly is epic, it’s jaw-dropping, huge setpieces.

You’re thrown into this mess. The world doesn’t revolve around you, but you just get sucked into things.

How much of the game we’ve seen already, and how much we have left to experience?
It’s not even the tip of the iceberg

Yeah, you have no idea. And you have no idea because we don’t have any idea. There are lots of gameplay systems that are so organic, that will work if you have multiple things happening at once. You know, monsters coming in, and humans joining in, and other things happening. It just works, but I’m never gonna sit down and test this in every single corner of the world. It’s too big.

Last edited:
I hope so. TW2's battle for Vergen was underwhelming, to say the least. Then again, most "epic battles" in RPGs tend to be that.

Another place for TW3 to set the bar.

Haha the link brings me to a damn cat gif, guess someone doesn't want the d0wngrade talk to come again but we all know its real.

Last edited:
I've been saying this for months, they had to make cut backs cuz they don't want the console versions to be that big of a difference from PC users. Pc users will complain sure but it's a small market compared to console market.

If pc version was far superior it would hurt the sales on console a lot, and the backlash would be a lot more than what's on these boards.

Now with saying that they could end up pleasing both sides by releasing the mod kit a few months after release. Making it easy for modders to make the game look like it did in 2012. Hopefully the game will be easy to mod and those Gfx options from 2012 can be used. Time will tell....

I doubt it. PC and console audiences are largely separate. People who play console games are going to buy console games regardless of how the PC version looks. Likewise, Sony and MS arent trying to win over people with high end PCs since there is no question which version of multiplatform games they will buy. thats also why exclusivity agreements often dont stop developers from releasing in PC.

As far as the visuals are concerned, the consoles arent holding back the PC version any more than any other low to midrange PC... in fact, its probably a massive boost to the game when you consider that many companies will scale their risk based on projected sales. So its entirely possible that the ambition of this game could not be what it is if they strictly targeted the tiny high end pc market.

ekhmm... who decided it's good idea to divide "News" topic? :facepalm: now i have to read two topics (News - links and News - discussion) with similar links, and comments. it's harder to keep track of links etc... can we, please, go back to one topic - NEWS?

Top Bottom