The General Videogame Thread

+
@Alan989

Did you check your critical level errors?

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what's going on either. I suggest you keep calm and post the problem here:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32239-Building-a-gaming-PC/page75

I didn't see anything labeled critical. I think I may have cranked the graphics levels up too much in Attila and my graphics card couldn't handle the stress so it blue-screened. Weird I know but that looks like that was the problem. Seriously though, CA really needs to play test their games before shipping them. I doubt they will though, they've fallen victim to corporate greed thanks to their association with Sega. :(

If you have not overclocked the GPU I can't see a reason why it shouldn't handle the game. At worst you would probably encounter bad performance or CTD. I still think that bugcheck error might suggest some sort of hardware issue and I would still post that in the "Building Gaming PC" thread and ask to make sure. Guy and other more tech savvy people will know better.

It's all up to you.

---------- Updated at 11:24 PM ----------

Also regarding Ethan Carter:

Can't remember the last time I've been left so speechless by the beauty of a game. This game is gorgeous! :eek:

I wonder if it's inspired by some real world location.

Last edited:
You know what? Fuck The Creative Assembly! I bought Attila yesterday for £20 and I've had three BSODs today and the worst Frame rate I've seen for a while at 20 FPS and lower! Fucking terrible optimization! :rant:

---------- Updated at 08:49 PM ----------

@KingHochmeister You where right mate.
Do you happen to have the latest Nvidia driver installed? 347.88? I had it installed on my 770, got a BSOD twice in 2 days. I reverted back to my old driver and haven't had one since. For some reason a crash dump wasn't being created (Think I fixed that) so I can't say for sure if it was the driver, but any time I have BSOD it is usually because of a bad GPU driver.

Yeah. I'll try it out.

---------- Updated at 10:25 PM ----------

I can't say I understand what I'm supposed to Google:

This is what I got, but I don't know what it means. Damn I'm thick!

Googling 0x000000116 reveals that your computer is trying to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failure. So it should have something to do with the drivers.

Googling 0x000000116 reveals that your computer is trying to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failure. So it should have something to do with the drivers.

That explains why I keep getting an out of date drivers pop up in the launcher. The problem is that since I'm an AMD user, the latest drivers are still in Beta. I guess I'm going to have to wait.

That explains why I keep getting an out of date drivers pop up in the launcher. The problem is that since I'm an AMD user, the latest drivers are still in Beta. I guess I'm going to have to wait.

Or just get Medieval 2 + Kingdoms and download Stainless Steel from TWcenter :cheers:

Or just get Medieval 2 + Kingdoms and download Stainless Steel from TWcenter :cheers:
I've heard the Steam version does not support mods. Which is the reason why I didn't buy it during the sale last weekend. Then my brother-in-law (who studied history in college and is a TW fan) bought it. Now I am envious and I wish I had :veryangry:

The problem is that since I'm an AMD user, the latest drivers are still in Beta. I guess I'm going to have to wait.
If the drivers are in fact the cause of the BSOD issues reverting back to the last stable/WHQL drivers would probably be a good idea in the meantime. :)

STALKER games - recommended order of play?
Can't go wrong with playing them in the order they were released.

I personally enjoyed the first game (Shadow of Chernobyl) from start to finish but the other 2 not so much. Never finished them.

Can't go wrong with playing them in the order they were released.

I personally enjoyed the first game (Shadow of Chernobyl) from start to finish but the other 2 not so much. Never finished them.
Well, damn. I just bought Clear Sky, don't have the other two. Since I have a generous backlog I'm miserly about new purchases and don't buy anything if it's not 75% off, or 5$ (because very few games go below that).

I'll wait for a better sale for Chernobyl.

Top Bottom