Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
I doubt it. PC and console audiences are largely separate. People who play console games are going to buy console games regardless of how the PC version looks. Likewise, Sony and MS arent trying to win over people with high end PCs since there is no question which version of multiplatform games they will buy. thats also why exclusivity agreements often dont stop developers from releasing in PC.

As far as the visuals are concerned, the consoles arent holding back the PC version any more than any other low to midrange PC... in fact, its probably a massive boost to the game when you consider that many companies will scale their risk based on projected sales. So its entirely possible that the ambition of this game could not be what it is if they strictly targeted the tiny high end pc market.

Consoles are EASILy holding back the PC market, hence the reason why lately all console and pc games look nearly identical. You know how much complaining CDPR would get if the console version looked a lot worse than the PC version? So much backlash.....

Last edited by a moderator:
ekhmm... who decided it's good idea to divide "News" topic? :facepalm: now i have to read two topics (News - links and News - discussion) with similar links, and comments. it's harder to keep track of links etc... can we, please, go back to one topic - NEWS?

It was suggested by other forum members. I think a lot of people were having problems finding the links, hidden away in the discussions. Sorry, but I think it's going to stay this way.

Consoles are EASILy holding back the PC market, hence the reason why lately all console and pc games look nearly identical. You know how much complaining CDPR would get if the console version looked a lot worse than the PC version? So much backlash.....

Right that explains why 99% of PC exclusives look like SNES games (not literally but you get the gist).

No, the majority of gamers do not own a high end rig and do not intend to. That's the reason. Why cater to the vocal minority and ignore the majority?

I hope so. TW2's battle for Vergen was underwhelming, to say the least. Then again, most "epic battles" in RPGs tend to be that.

Another place for TW3 to set the bar.

If the game manage to stay faithful to what we've seen in some artworks, the word "epic" will be a perfect fit imo:

http://www.stratege.ru/ps4/games/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/article/50842
A interview in russian. Seems to be pretty deep, though the google translator sucks, so maybe someone who speaks russian can translate the most important parts

A part was translated by a english website:

"Yes, in the final version, you can not only use the boat to sail but also swim under water, opening up new areas that are inaccessible by land. We especially cut out the content for this presentation so you can focus all your attention on the combat system, monsters and ordinary people living on the mainland. But in fact, we have designed five large islands and about the same number of smaller ones, which we have not yet demonstrated in public. So do not be afraid, in our game you will see a lot of interesting places to explore: ancient ruins, abandoned buildings, caves and much more. We created each of these places in a unique way for the players who want to get there. Some of them will be associated with Geralt’s story, while others just hide behind a lot of secrets. In general, they all carry some meaning. Our team spent a lot of time to recreate the world of Geralt and make it feel alive."

Asked about the role of the emperor:
"I still can not disclose all of the cards, but it will involve a number of interesting missions and yes, he will play a significant role in the plot. Geralt will have to work with him, but it absolutely does not mean that he has to obey his will, much less to agree to play by his rules."

"

Could try my decoding skills on as well but the cats wont let me?

anyway does
we have designed five large islands and about the same number of smaller ones, which we have not yet demonstrated in public.
that there will be 5 main island s and 5 smaller islands? because the latest map of skellige shpwed there where far more than just 5 smaller islands.

Be..cause April Fools' Day? :) It's been like this all day. That's why people were kinda joking around with the theory "They hid the down-grade link under a cat gif because they don't want us to talk about it" ;)

Last edited:
I'm really glad these threads got separated. Now I can discuss new news to my hearts content :)

Of course. These stupid silly cat pictures ruin any discussion to be had. I hope CD Projekt RED is happy *shakes fist*

Last edited:
I'm really glad these threads got separated. Now I can discuss new news to my hearts content :)

Of course. These stupid silly cat pictures ruin any discussion to be had. I hope CD Projekt RED is happy *shakes fist*

I haven't had any issues in Chrome so far highlighting the link text (even truncated weirdly enough) and then Right-Click > Go to 'http://www.whereever2123...'

Rather than just repeating it, explain why. I don't know because such a thing has never happened. Witcher 2 on the Xbox is no where close to the PC version... how much backlash was there? All I saw were people applauding CDPR for porting it as well as they did. Unity PC vs console is practically night and day... zero complaints. No body cares that the PC version will look substantially better, run at higher resolutions and FPS because they expect it to. What they dont want is another Skyrim PS3.

It was suggested by other forum members. I think a lot of people were having problems finding the links, hidden away in the discussions. Sorry, but I think it's going to stay this way.

I like how there is links thread for just news links. Makes them easy to find.

I am not sold on the idea of this news thread for discussion of ALL links. Something that might work better is creating separate threads for individual links that have discussion worthy material. This works better as if people want to discuss a topic that was posted 5 links ago, they'd get a better discussion happening in a dedicated topic for that link. Having individual threads for different topics also helps people find relevant threads, either via site search, or google search. This obviously means the forum can generate more traffic, and it also helps the site have more to the point discussions.

So, TLDR:
- Have the links thread as it is.
- Remove the NEWS discussion thread (or leave it for general non-threadworthy news discussion).
- When posting a link in the link thread, add a separate link in the same post linking to the discussion thread (if it warrants a separate thread).

I guess the mods can argue that nothing is stopping people now from creating threads for relevant news links. But I'd say I've seen threads locked by mods saying that "It is already being discussed in *General News Thread or something*". The current general NEWS thread moves so fast that you might as well not bother trying to discuss 1-2 day old news.

Last edited:
Rather than just repeating it, explain why. I don't know because such a thing has never happened. Witcher 2 on the Xbox is no where close to the PC version... how much backlash was there? All I saw were people applauding CDPR for porting it as well as they did. Unity PC vs console is practically night and day... zero complaints. No body cares that the PC version will look substantially better, run at higher resolutions and FPS because they expect it to. What they dont want is another Skyrim PS3.
I agree...
No shit, if people want 1080p/4K 60 fps, then go get that Nvidia Shield thingy for 200 bucks!
Or go spend 2 grand and build a new pc. :)
I don't think some people really understand that cdpr has made it better on pc too, just because they have gone above and beyond to get the most out of both nextgen consoles. As far as I can tell, everyone should still gave a blast no matter what they play TW3 on. That's my 2cents :)

Last edited:
Will the dev show let's play for the witcher 3?
(I don't know where to post this neither I want to start a new thread )

Any news to discuss? Or it's going to be a total off-topic mess? We don't want that, right?

Top Bottom