Enhanced Edition

+
Enhanced Edition

Hello everyone

if there will be an enhanced edition patch for TW3 it will be a free update like it was for tw2, right?

thanks

Last edited:
With CDPRs track record in mind I think that you can feel absolutely sure that if there is a EE at some point, it will be free. However IIRC CDPR have already stated that there most likely won't be a EE for TW3.

That's why they delayed the game, so that they wouldn't need an EE. They only needed an EE for W1 and 2 because they had non-ideal launches

That's why they delayed the game, so that they wouldn't need an EE. They only needed an EE for W1 and 2 because they had non-ideal launches

This is not entirely true. There will be patches in any case, and an EE would be appropriate to avoid the download of patches and the 16 DLCs.

I know they've said they want it finished right out of the box, but I wouldn't rule out an EE. At the very least they'll get to include patches with that 16 DLC program.

A DirectX12-Upgrade on PC would be great for the Enhanced Edition.

And that is exactly what i have in mind IF they decide to release enhanced edition. If they can work on DX12 now and release by the end of 2015 / beginning of 2016. Would be the greatest thing ever!

addar

Forum veteran
I think that there will be enhanced edition for sure. Its like giving game second live, increasing selling giving player more.enhanced editin sound much cooler than big dlc too

Last edited:
Well a Enhanced Edition for the previous games was just the 'final edition'. After the EE, CDPR, should have the game on the market they want, It doens't just fix bugs... It fixes problems with the game, like: content missing (Act 3 quests in TW2), better ui (TW1).

Bugs can always be fixed/patched, the EE just 'finishes' the game content wise. Atleast that's what it has done up untill this point.
And they can only start work on a EE for TW3 after TW3 is released. They might have a list somewhere that they still want to implement, but community feedback is also a big factor of what get's into the EE. So that's why there are no plans for it as of yet. I guess it will also take a while longer then just a year after launch, since the game is a lot bigger then the previous 2 games.

Also, I doubt DX12 would be implemented in the EE, it's quite a big feature that needs to have a engine developed around it. (I think)
I don't think it's something you can 'just' update into the game. Even if it can, save games might not be compatible. (Look at Dark Souls 2 with their dx9 and dx11 version.)

Last edited:
We will get some $$$ expansion 15-20 hours long instead of enhanced edition. It's already known for quite some time.

What is up with people these days ;p

I see this a lot in other forums as well. The game isn't even released yet, and people are looking for expansions, and such lol, what?

Anticipation, and probably a bit of boredom: 'We don't know how good the game really is yet, therefore, it must not be as good as we speculate; so we need an enhanced edition to make it even better than we don't already know it is!' This is meant as a humourous exaggeration, so, please, don't get too worked up.

Using technology just to have the latest technology is the greatest temptation facing an engineer, and the one that it is the most important to resist.

If they can make an objective improvement in the quality of the game AND that improvement will lead to additional sales that make good the investment, then bring on DirectX 12. There is as yet no proof that either of these conjectures are supported by enough evidence to spend R&D capital. So no, I do not want them fooling around with DirectX 12 in a game that was not written for it.

They can put their effort into Cyberpunk 2077 and using DirectX 12 well and properly from the ground up for it, and I will be pleased with that.

Top Bottom