Hey REDS, if I choose to read the world of the witcher book first?

+
Hey REDS, if I choose to read the world of the witcher book first?

Do you think it will it spoil the the game for me?
I ask this because I don't want to see new monsters until I see them in the game myself :)

If you're worried, why not buy the book (to make sure you get a copy) and then wait to read it till after the game?
Oh it's already ordered.
I also wanted to look at the art book that comes with the CE after I finish the game.
So hey!
EvilChris, are we ever going to get a behind the scenes making of TW3 on blu-ray some day?
Can you put in a good word for the devs please...

No book will spoil your gameplay. On the contrary, they'll be that special spices which make your TW3 have a more exlusive touch.

No book will spoil your gameplay. On the contrary, they'll be that special spices which make your TW3 have a more exlusive touch.

my lovely cat is right here, and so on DO NOT LISTEN TO PPL WHO SAY just read The Last Wish and Lady of the Lake.
You will end up, with just have a tiny look at the whole picture... which causes (for example) those tense Yennefer vs Triss
discussions ;)

If you decide to get you the books ... buy the whole saga ;) i highly recommend that. Also every book which gives you
more insights in TW world isn' t a waste of money i think.

I might wait on reading "Witcher 3" guides, at least until you confirm you are stuck/near more guidance while actually attempting to play (or can't get near your machine and need a fix).

Reading the source novels, or watching/playing the previous games will only add to understanding of what is going on while you initially immerse yourself into the world.

Not all the books exist in English in print format, but the missing ones are being brought out by Gollanz (starting with the second volume (Sword of Destiny) on the 19th May).

The correct reading order is:
The Last Wish (short stories).
The Sword of Destiny (short stories - currently fan translation only).
Blood of Elves
Time of Contempt
Baptism of Fire
Tower of the Swallow
(fan translation)
Lady of the Lake (end of the canon saga, fan translation)

Also (currently in fan translation only) the sidequel/prequel Season of Storms.

Speaking of Season of storm ... it's probably too late to ask for new spell in game, isn't it ;) :hmmm: ..?

I wonder why World of the Witcher is going to be released on May 19th, it doesn't contain spoilers does it? It shows people who read it the world, still quite interesting for people who have read the books, isn't it? If it doesn't contain (that many) spoilers for TW3, why not release it a bit earlier? (I need my fix CDPR!)

Top Bottom