Bloodborne

+
Aye' it be the blood starved beast. Didn't think about the cocktails, cheers.

I have no problem getting him to the final form for the most part.

Hell, on our first fight I had him one riposte away from defeat, without Alfred. Unfourtantely I panicked at his agility and poison.

Going to need to grind for vials/bullets though as I expended all of mine.

Just defeated Father Gascoigne. Took me quite a lot of tries, due basically to me panicking when I got him to his final form, but finally the MF went down!!
Hadn´t felt so exhilarating after defeating a boss for a long time...

I don't have a Playstation sadly so I'm watching Christopher Odd's Let's Play of it.

I know it was posted a week ago, but there is something I need to write about this Let's Play. You start the game with no weapons, just your fists. Right at the beginning you have to face the werewolf and it was clearly designed to be unwinnable at this point, you supposed to die and then get transported to another area to get your weapons. Chris, of course, didn't know that, so he still fought bravely and... he killed the frigging werewolf with his bare hands! Not only that, he defeated another two enemies this way, then he reached this area for the first time through teleport, not dying. BAD ASS!

I know it was posted a week ago, but there is something I need to write about this Let's Play. You start the game with no weapons, just your fists. Right at the beginning you have to face the werewolf and it was clearly designed to be unwinnable at this point, you supposed to die and then get transported to another area to get your weapons. Chris, of course, didn't know that, so he still fought bravely and... he killed the frigging werewolf with his bare hands! Not only that, he defeated another two enemies this way, then he reached this area for the first time through teleport, not dying. BAD ASS!
Yeah, Chris is surprisingly good. But he's sometimes a bit too cautious for my taste, and I would be happy if he changed weapons a bit more as well as stopped using the polearm form. I find it more interesting with the gun in the offhand to stagger enemies.

so I managed to get my hands on a PS4 for the weekend ( It was from my little bratty cousin who I had to fellate in order to borrow the damn thing )

Bloodborne is basically a faster harder DS1 even though there was only a few variations with the locations and weapons it still felt quite solid. The fights are more intense with the game being so fast paced but still strategic. There were a lot of moments where you think "ok I've got this boss figured out" then the game says "fuck you here's this suprise". Once I got to the final boss it seems like it was a very abrupt end like the game is incomplete unlike DS1.

there was this glitch that fucked with the character creator bodies and changing them back to average body type when you reload a save which upset me.

also there was some kinky stuff going with NPCs compare to the souls games

Last edited:
Okay, the blood starved beast is down, no cheesing. Beast pellet is probably what did it.

Have delved a little into the forbidden woods.

And I thought I would be way more terrible at this game.

Okay, the blood starved beast is down, no cheesing. Beast pellet is probably what did it.

Have delved a little into the forbidden woods.

And I thought I would be way more terrible at this game.

If I were you I'd do Hemwick first which is sort of an easier optional area (path next to Grand Cathedral) also you might wanna see if Eileen is somewhere in Oeden Chapel right outside it.

@goopit, so you finished the game in one weekend?? Did you sleep at all?
I bought it at release and I´ve just killed the blood-starved beast! (I don´t play much during the week, but still...)

@goopit, so you finished the game in one weekend?? Did you sleep at all?
I bought it at release and I´ve just killed the blood-starved beast! (I don´t play much during the week, but still...)

I slept a lot and I had to do some errands those days

I've played DS and DS2 so that probably has something to do with it. A lot of the bosses have lots of weaknesses like blood starved beast with pungent blood cocktail and father gascoigne with molotovs and the music box. Farming and upgrading is really helpful as well though I ddn't farm.

I've played DS and DS2 so that probably has something to do with it. A lot of the bosses have lots of weaknesses like blood starved beast with pungent blood cocktail and father gascoigne with molotovs and the music box. Farming and upgrading is really helpful as well though I ddn't farm.

Well, color me impressed.
I mean, I know that for DS veterans the game isn´t very hard. But still, you finished it awfully fast!

If I were you I'd do Hemwick first which is sort of an easier optional area (path next to Grand Cathedral) also you might wanna see if Eileen is somewhere in Oeden Chapel right outside it.

Yeah I got the hemwick area done and cainhurst open.

Well, there are still the Chalice Dungeons which not only get increasingly harder the further you advance, but they feature alternate bosses that are a lot tougher than their main-story counterparts. Especially the "Defiled Chalice", where your health is reduced to 50 percent and the bosses basically one-shot you, is a real pain in the ass. Getting the "Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen*" trophy might be the hardest challenge of the whole Souls series.

*Yharnam herself is a nightmare on a conceptual level. The stuff she does throughout the fight is deeply sickening and will probably haunt me for days.

Last edited:

here's a good lore video explaining the story

Well, there are still the Chalice Dungeons which not only get increasingly harder the further you advance, but they feature alternate bosses that are a lot tougher than their main-story counterparts. Especially the "Defiled Chalice", where your health is reduced to 50 percent and the bosses basically one-shot you, is a real pain in the ass. Getting the "Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen*" trophy might be the hardest challenge of the whole Souls series.

*Yharnam herself is a nightmare on a conceptual level. The stuff she does throughout the fight is deeply sickening and will probably haunt me for days.

I haven't fought her yet. I really wish BB would go to the PC so I can really know all the stuff damnit.

also speaking of Pthumerians doesn't Yharnam sorta resemble the Doll, they both have white hair and white skin and they're both rougly the same height. Gehrman was in love with a Pthumerian and made a doll in her image maybe?? just a thought after I google Yharnams image

Tokei-ihto said:

I haven't fought her yet. I really wish BB would go to the PC so I can really know all the stuff damnit.

also speaking of Pthumerians doesn't Yharnam sorta resemble the Doll, they both have white hair and white skin and they're both rougly the same height. Gehrman was in love with a Pthumerian and made a doll in her image maybe?? just a thought after I google Yharnams image

This is kinda spoilery, so for those who haven't finished the game yet, perhaps stop reading here:

From my understanding, yes, the Doll is made in the image of Gehrman's dead wife. However, I don't think that she and Yharnam are the same person. It seems that both women separately gave birth - or were at least supposed to - to an Elder God (a huge part of the plot/backstory is basically about these ancient God-like being trying to propagate). When you enter the abandoned workshop in Yharnam, you can collect one of the four available umbilical cords in the game. Since the workshop is identical to the one you return to in the Hunter's Dream, it's likely that this was the place Gehrman originally used to reside, and the cord "belonged" to Gerhman's deceased wife. Later in the game, right before you enter the fog that leads to the fight with Mergo's Wet Nurse, you will see Yharnam standing in her bloodied dress before the entrance to the arena. Her appearance together with the Wet Nurse's form give a good indication to what might have happened lore-wise. After you've defeated the Wet Nurse you receive another umbilical cord, presumedly Mergo's.

Yharnam herself makes an appearance in the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Dungeon as the final boss of the third layer. In a way she can be seen as an alternate final boss*. However, in order to get to her you have to play at least five different dungeons, collecting all the necessary ingredients and materials to be able to perform the ritual.

- Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon (the only chalice you obtain during the actual story)
- Central Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon
- Lower Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon
- Ailing Loran Chalice Dungeon
- Defiled Chalice Dungeon (the one which reduces your health to 50 percent, making the three bosses in particular - Keeper of the Old Lords, Watch Dog of the Old Lords, Amygdala (version 2.0) - a fucking nightmare)

In all likelihood you'll also have to play the Great Isz Chalice Dungeon to get your hands on 2 additional Red Jelly (the other 2 you can pick up in the Lecture building, first floor) that are needed for accessing the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Dunegon. Perhaps there are more in the main game, but if so, I missed them.

*The actual end boss is, of course, Moon Presence, who you can fight if you consume at least three of the umbilical cords before the final confrontation with Gehrman. Once you've accomplished to kill off Moon Presence (surprisingly not too hard, s/he is kind of a pushover), you'll become an Elder One yourself which, if you think about it, is actually the worst, most nihilistic and Lovecraftian of the three possible endings of the game.

Last edited:
This is kinda spoilery, so for those who haven't finished the game yet, perhaps stop reading here:

From my understanding, yes, the Doll is made in the image of Gehrman's dead wife. However, I don't think that she and Yharnam are the same person. It seems that both women separately gave birth - or were at least supposed to - to an Elder God (a huge part of the plot/backstory is basically about these ancient God-like being trying to propagate). When you enter the abandoned workshop in Yharnam, you can collect one of the four available umbilical cord in the game. Since the workshop is identical to the one you return to in the Hunter's Dream, it's likely that this was the place Gehrman's originally used to reside, and the cord "belonged" to Gerhman's deceased wife. Later in the game, right before you enter the fog that leads to the fight with Mergo's Wet Nurse, you will see Yharnam standing in her bloodied dress before the entrance to the arena. Her appearance together with the Wet Nurse's form give a good indication to what might have happened lore-wise. After you defeated the Wet Nurse you receive another umbilical cord, presumedly Mergo's (another Elder One).

don't think the Doll was his wife actually since he gives you permission to "use" her. I think she's similar to the prostitute maybe? A Pthumerian that Gehrman just happens to like.

Are Pthumerians just a diff race of people that are sorta taller? haven't really explored much of the Chalice Dungeons yet

Are Pthumerians just a diff race of people that are sorta taller? haven't really explored much of the Chalice Dungeons yet

It seems they were an ancient race that had real insight* a.k.a. could see and probably interact with the Elder Ones, something that a lot of the characters in the narrative of Bloodborne are desperate to achieve. Whether the Pthumerians were different in a physiological sense I don't know.

*Insight, by the way - if accumulated enough -, not only makes the game harder (enemies have more attacks, hit harder) but allows you to see "things" the way they really are.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;voMAx-lKfIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voMAx-lKfIw[/video]

I don't even tried the game, but I love it already. I don't know when I will able to play it, but this is a must for me. So few tries to cover the Lovecraftian horror, and as it seems, the Bloodborne do it perfectly.

Completed the game the other day and started my new game plus. Got to my arch enemy(blood starved beast) and nearly had him.

Did my first summon to beat him and it turned out to be a vileblood so he turned into a invader. Took the rune off and did another summon and it was the same dude.

Also started the chalice dungeons. Repetitive as fuck.

Kind of an easy game. I was a bit disappointed at how hacky and slashy it was. Super cool lore, though.

Just wish it was harder.

Top Bottom