Anyone else not liking the graphic executions? [GIF warning]

+
For those who dislike this dismemberment "show", do you mind to tell me WHY normal people hate and fears Witchers if they save their lives from monsters? Because they kill monsters?... or because they leave behind them a jacuzzy of blood when they fight against humans?

Seems that the conception of Witcher in his world is missunderstood and misinterpreted by some of us.

Yep, seems like CDPR did they homework by watching anime rather than reading Witcher books.

This is a straight up joke right? Have YOU read the books?

I'm all for people disliking the dismemberment and thinking they perhaps went a little over-the-top with these finishers, but comments like this are just outright fucking ridiculous.

Smaller sword, pig size approching man constitution

It's absolutly possible for a mutant master swordman.
Eh thats a nice pig butchery but I'm still not convinced, there are simply too many factors involved. Remember that I'm not just talking about any man, I'm talking about a fully grown man dressed in leather and holding a weapon in front of himself. Not to mention Geralt is sitting on a horse cutting from a weird angle. He's fast he's not a Hulk.

Of course, Geralt in the books is not brutal in combat and he doesn't wield razor sharp swords.

Personally I fail to see how the finishers we've seen so far resemble anything close to "anime". But to each their own.
It's been a while since I read the books, might not remember so could you point out single scene where he cuts a man in half?

Blade of darkness was an awesome game and i enjoyed it a lot, it truly didn't have slow motion kills.

Good luck memorizing click and button sequences to do all those moves though. It was great for it's time but it had many flaws.

The fact that it didn't have slow motions does not mean it's combat was great in general.

For those who dislike this dismemberment "show", do you mind to tell me WHY normal people hate and fears Witchers if they save their lives from monsters? Because they kill monsters?... or because they leave behind them a jacuzzy of blood when they fight against humans?

Seems that the conception of Witcher in his world is missunderstood and misinterpreted by some of us.

Not to say that I don't like the dismemberment (I personally think it's great, just hate the slow motion), but since when do prejudices have to be founded on facts? Just because somebody is being pushed out of society doesn't mean he's earned it. Apart from that I don't understand why we're still discussion this? Basically everybody here supports dismemberment, most people who've voiced concerns are having issues with the slow motion aspect.

Eh thats a nice pig butchery but I'm still not convinced, there are simply too many factors involved. Remember that I'm not just talking about any man, I'm talking about a fully grown man dressed in leather and holding a weapon in front of himself. Not to mention Geralt is sitting on a horse cutting from a weird angle. He's fast he's not a Hulk.

It's been a while since I read the books, might not remember so could you point out single scene where he cuts a man in half?

As I've said

It's absolutly possible for a mutant master swordman.

And add, potions, and signs and magic runes on swords...

This is a straight up joke right? Have YOU read the books?

I'm all for people disliking the dismemberment and thinking they perhaps went a little over-the-top with these finishers, but comments like this are just outright fucking ridiculous.
What are you trying to pull here, man? Don't you take away us talking shit about the developers. It's our right as gamers.

Not to say that I don't like the dismemberment (I personally think it's great, just hate the slow motion), but since when do prejudices have to be founded on facts? Just because somebody is being pushed out of society doesn't mean he's earned it. Apart from that I don't understand why we're still discussion this? Basically everybody here supports dismemberment, most people who've voiced concerns are having issues with the slow motion aspect.

I speacking from the books feeling gave me about Geralt's world. Not about my personal life ;)

That's a human, cutting down two pigs in a row without much effort. It's not a straight comparison but Geralt is a "Mutant" and a killing machine with a lot more strength and speed than normal humans. What does their weapon have to do with anything? We are talking executions here and if it's possible to cut a man like that.

This!

It's difficult to grasp that a mutated human like Geralt could cut a man cause it's not realistic, in a game where you fight ghouls, vampires, dragons, use magic and whatever else.

I'd be willing to debate if the slow motion thing as it's something not every likes but this is getting ridiculous. People will complain over anything these days.

If you're looking at 100% realism, I've got a game for you: Kingdom come: Deliverance.

Blade of darkness was an awesome game and i enjoyed it a lot, it truly didn't have slow motion kills.

Good luck memorizing click and button sequences to do all those moves though. It was great for it's time but it had many flaws.

The fact that it didn't have slow motions does not mean it's combat was great in general.

BoD didn't have any big flaws. It was a game about combat, and only combat.
It has the best combat ever. Challenging and fun in the same time.

It was however produced with the lack of the money and small team.

Yep, seems like CDPR did they homework by watching anime rather than reading Witcher books.

Tower of the Swallow said:
With an overhead blow, the witcher split the next Nilfgaardian from sternum to the waist. He jerked his head and hurled the blood off his eyebrows and eyelashes. "Schirru! Where are you, you bastard?"

A blow. A scream. Warm droplets on his face.

Unless our next course of discussion is to be extremely nitpicky and decide whether Geralt cut the man a few inches less than this chap...
...and if the Nilfgaardian in the book was with heavy, medium or light armor, I think it's clear that even book Geralt could be a fucking madman, and the spirit is the same, give or take a few inches of amputation.

@sapkowski, next time you write your books, read a bit less anime before.

It's difficult to grasp that a mutated human like Geralt could cut a man cause it's not realistic, in a game where you fight ghouls, vampires, dragons, use magic and whatever else.

I'd be willing to debate if the slow motion thing as it's something not every likes but this is getting ridiculous. People will complain over anything these days.

If you're looking at 100% realism, I've got a game for you: Kingdom come: Deliverance.

Whether or not this is ridiculous doesn't really matter since the game has been feature locked for a long time and has probably been sent out to certification as well.

BoD didn't have any big flaws. It was a game about combat, and only combat.
It has the best combat ever. Challenging and fun in the same time.

It was however produced with the lack of the money and small team.

I am not debating the developer teams budget. They might not have money but that doesn't really change that the combat had many flaws. Not having slow motion might be a plus for most people i agree but it doesnt automaticaly make the rest of the combat any better.

Whether or not this is ridiculous doesn't really matter since the game has been feature locked for a long time and has probably been sent out to certification as well.

My tone was sarcastic sir. I don't think anything is ridiculous in anything we have seen. I think despite some flaws here and there, the game looks stellar

Unless our next course of discussion is to be extremely nitpicky and decide whether Geralt cut the man a few inches less than this chap...

...and if the Nilfgaardian in the book was with heavy, medium or light armor, I think it's clear that even book Geralt could be a fucking madman, and the spirit is the same, give or take a few inches of amputation.

@sapkowski, next time you write your books, read a bit less anime before.
Melitele guide him!!

My tone was sarcastic sir. I don't think anything is ridiculous in anything we have seen. I think despite some flaws here and there, the game looks stellar

Oh I get it, don't worry about that. :)

Just saying what we're seeing is pretty much what we're getting at launch.

Top Bottom