Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Well, this was the last thing I was expecting. Bloody exciting news, nice to know that there will be new content coming months after release.

If they are good expansions like the old times, I'll pay gladly. But guys, it's all about timing, another PR problem again. You should have waited close to the lauch of this content (like Bioware with the DA:I one) and announce then.

I'm excited
people should stop whining (but they won't)

---------- Updated at 05:56 PM ----------

I'm excited
people should stop whining (but they won't)

so if i preordered physical copy of W3, I guess I should be able to buy expansions on gog.com?

Mixed thoughts about this. On the one hand, it's always nice to see more content set in the world of the witcher. I do, however, agree with others in saying that this was announced way too early and CDPR should have waited until they had something more substantial to show besides a brief description. As Iwiniski pointed out, it is entirely up to us whether to buy now or wait, but I'm always iffy about people selling a product that far ahead of time with very little to show for it. I would also like to point out that people should take what developers or publishers say about the game-length with a big pinch of salt, especially if the content is so far from release.

I assume this a nice little way for CDPR to raise extra funds right now through loyal fans who have complete faith in them, but it could also be setting those people up for a big disappointment, through anything from release dates to content. Everyone should exercise caution whenever they're purchasing something with very little information available, even if you love CDPR to death.

Last edited:
can someone clear this up for me? will these 2 expansion packs be separate from the main game in a similar way to the extra adventures from the first game? or are they going to become a part of the game?

so if i preordered physical copy of W3, I guess I should be able to buy expansions on gog.com?

The boxed PC version of the game is compatible only with the Expansion Pass sold on GOG.com

---------- Updated at 06:03 PM ----------

The boxed PC version of the game is compatible only with the Expansion Pass sold on GOG.com

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_expansion_pass

You buy the physical retail game and install the game. You buy the digital expansion packs, download and install, and then you continue to play the game with expansion packs and bugs.

I do hope they make the expansion available at retail for those of us who likes to buy physical media. Not really a fan of digital.

Last edited:
At least it's October.. Was getting worried how I tell boyfriend I need to spend even more money for my Witcher addiction. Ah well now he can feel great about himself and buy me expansions for my birthday. Just need to subtly leave the gog.com order page open on my PC for the next few weeks.

the white knight has fallen, the dream has ended, and so another fairy tale ends

Well I'm sure, since I'm paying the 130€ für the Collectors Edition (pre-ordered in June 2014 btw), the Seas...ehrm...Expansion Pass will be included, right? :)

With this pace.... I foresee...
- Tomorrow - Witcher 4 Announcement - plus special DLC called - Hide and Seek with Eredin'
- Day after Tomorrow - Early Witcher 3 release date Announcement - April 13th

On the serious note... as long as they are honest with us and keep the quality... they can do whatever they want :D

Guest 3790055

Interesting move.

This is not a "move". Boxed PC version is DRM-free as GOG one, Steam version is not. You won't buy a DLC on Steam for a game on Origin, that's quite the same idea here.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets think out of the box. they are honest. they tell you before the launch of the game. and you know that they have a plan for more content a year in advance.
i think its a little pricey but its a really good idea.

---------- Updated at 06:21 PM ----------

lets think out of the box. they are honest. they tell you before the launch of the game. and you know that they have a plan for more content a year in advance.
i think its a little pricey but its a really good idea.

Question abut DLC's

Hello everyone,

i preordered the Collector Edition and i have a question about the DLC's, there are 16 free dlc, ok, are the the "expantion pass" part of those 16 free dlc? i read first two dlc are temerian set and beard style ok, and what about Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine, are this part of those 16 free dlc?

Last edited:
What a timing. I was thinking today how Witcher 3 will be probably the only game I will be playing for the next 6 months and now with the 2 addons I can extend this to a year.
Anybody else excited to visit Toussaint? While reading the novels I always had a certain image of this region which differs heavily from all the other regions. The first addon should be also interesting, considering that probably some of the Witcher 1 npcs will return.

IsengrimR

Please, no season pass.
And IMHO you should have annouce this after the release date.

the white knight has fallen, the dream has ended, and so another fairy tale ends

“While we’re offering the Expansion Pass now, we want to make one thing clear: don’t buy it if you have any doubts. Wait for reviews or play The Witcher and see if you like it first. As always, it’s your call,”

Indeed, it's my call. What is unfortunate, in my court ( of games ) you're guilty until proven innocent.
I was able to get behind the idea of 12 "DLC's", few of them available on launch in a true " we totes weren't able to include them with the game, I promise" - EA style.
But it was free, so who the hell cares.

This? Well. I'm sure everybody is happy that CDPR has really long time plans for Witcher 3... but should the release, delayed two times now, come first?

Chewing through this announcement leaves me with bad taste in my mouth and foul smell in the air. There are already a very good few things that are wrong with CDPR.

Rumors of devs being seriously overworked. Graphical downgrade that apparently only a few people can see ( the rest, I would advise getting your eyes checked, it's no joke), and CDPR covering their ears and ignoring the issue. Game delayed two times, whatever the reason.

And now this. Well.

My word, my every glance, is law. And my verdict is always the same: Guilty.

---------- Updated at 06:25 PM ----------

Please, no season pass.
And IMHO you should have annouce this after the release date.

“While we’re offering the Expansion Pass now, we want to make one thing clear: don’t buy it if you have any doubts. Wait for reviews or play The Witcher and see if you like it first. As always, it’s your call,”

Indeed, it's my call. What is unfortunate, in my court ( of games ) you're guilty until proven innocent.
I was able to get behind the idea of 12 "DLC's", few of them available on launch in a true " we totes weren't able to include them with the game, I promise" - EA style.
But it was free, so who the hell cares.

This? Well. I'm sure everybody is happy that CDPR has really long time plans for Witcher 3... but should the release, delayed two times now, come first?

Chewing through this announcement leaves me with bad taste in my mouth and foul smell in the air. There are already a very good few things that are wrong with CDPR.

Rumors of devs being seriously overworked. Graphical downgrade that apparently only a few people can see ( the rest, I would advise getting your eyes checked, it's no joke), and CDPR covering their ears and ignoring the issue. Game delayed two times, whatever the reason.

And now this. Well.

My word, my every glance, is law. And my verdict is always the same: Guilty.

Some of my favorite games are actually expansion packs - Hordes of the Underdark and Mask of the Betrayer. They've been out of the industry for so long that it's hard to remember how awesome they can be. Toussaint is amazing news, it's a fairytale land and I'm excited to see what CDPR's artists will do with it.

The things I'm wondering about are whether or not there will be improvements to the gameplay and combat - new abilities, potions, different uses for the witcher senses, etc. It'll be a shame for there to be an expansion pack that doesn't add new layers to these things in addition to new stories, characters and areas. I hope it won't be neglected and that they'll offer noticeable improvements. I also wonder, since there isn't any monster scaling, for what levels they're intended. My understanding is that they'll be integrated into the main game, right? Not things you can do only after you finish it?

Top Bottom