Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
My personal take on this, that if CDPR want more positive PR, they should use crowdfunding for expansion packs, not pre-orders. It's a more direct connection with the fans as well as a better approach (investment rather than a loan).

Personally I think that would have backfired more, I know I would have complained at least. We know they have the funds to make it themselves so why ask for handouts to make it instead? Crowdfunding is good when it goes right like with Pillars of Eternity as a recent example, but it has been abused too much that I actively avoid it like the plague.

it's a culmination of things, primarily the fact that they've said that they do not support the paid DLC policy, and then they went ahead and did it anyway, ...

You still doesn't understand the difference between DLC (by today standards) and expansions (by old standards)... at least looks this way...
DLC's are free, expansions not really... they were open about it.... and you don't have spend all the money now...

You can buy them in October if the reviews are good.... I don't know in how many ways we can say the same thing... (trying to paraphrase Aliens quote)....

Last edited:
Are those expansions happens after Wild Hunt events? If not then how do they be connected with my gameplay of WIld Hunt events if released in Oct?

as i have said before, you can call it whatever you want, it is content you pay extra money for, feel free to slap whatever name tag you want on it

You have a free pass from me regarding the expansion ..err.. pass ... as long as you save enough material for Witcher 4 : The Very Cirious Adventure.

we have yet to see what kind of content it will be, if it is in any way connected to the main plot, then it is not exactly optional

You are stuck on this big vs small thing. 30 hours lots of content is called expansion packs and horse armor is called DLC. Rockstar released big DLC content for $20 each. Extra everything. It was called DLC because that is what it was. When those big DLC's were released in retail, they were not called DLC, they were called expansion packs.

If you going to sell horse armor in retail, it will be called expansion item, I guess. lol.

Right, i think i got what you meant now. It's still not right i believe but i don't think this is the place to get into that conversation :)

as i have said before, you can call it whatever you want, it is content you pay extra money for, feel free to slap whatever name tag you want on it

Excuse me for saying that, but there is no point to argue/discuss it with you then....

I could wonder.... if they knew from the beginning that Witcher's gonna be trilogy... why didn't they released all 3 at one time.... I feel like they cut W2 and W3... I'm trying to be reasonable...

No they have said they would only do paid if it was a big enough content. DLC and Expansion packs are 2 different things.

Not really, as was said already many times in the thread. To avoid confusion, consider them to be synonyms. And look for context to get the details.

we have yet to see what kind of content it will be, if it is in any way connected to the main plot, then it is not exactly optional

you are right. it comes out 5 months after the game. I'm sure it's going to be an integral part of the main story. might as well cancel my preorder until october.

hence the 1st part of that sentence, we have yet to see, all I am doing here is expressing my concerns and worries, not stating pure facts, but stating opinions

Excuse me for saying that, but there is no point to argue/discuss it with you then....

I could wonder.... if they knew from the beginning that Witcher's gonna be trilogy... why didn't they released all 3 at one time.... I feel like they cut W2 and W3... I'm trying to be reasonable...

I guess this guy never played old warcraft with expansions or any older game.

Personally I think that would have backfired more, I know I would have complained at least. We know they have the funds to make it themselves so why ask for handouts to make it instead? Crowdfunding is good when it goes right like with Pillars of Eternity as a recent example, but it has been abused too much that I actively avoid it like the plague.

Same question can be asked for pre-orders. If they have the funds, why ask people to pay for anything in advance? Pre-ordering does a similar thing - gives them funds before something is finished. How much it's required to do the work is open up to debate. But crowdfunding is more appropriate for such kind of thing.

Also just in case it hasn't been posted, If you are getting the boxed game I have found out the only expansion pass you can get is from GOG nowhere else.

The issue here is not the extra content you have to pay for. Nor the paid for DLC attached to this announcement.

The issue is simply timing. Did we really need an announcement for extra content that we have to pay for, when the game is being released next month. This announcement should have been held back to after the game is released. That's the main issue here.

They can delay the game 3 times but they couldn't delay this announcement. The announcement = CDPR want more money before people even had the chance to buy their main game.

When a game like Mortal Kombat, which I would have loved to buy, comes with so many paid for DLC options, it puts me off. I will not be buying Mortal Kombat because of that. And that is the worry I have because of this announcement.
Many people on here are hardcore Witcher fans who will buy anything Witcher related. But the people out there are not hardcore Witcher fans and won't just spend their money easy. You want me to buy this and that and hat else. Yeah, not going to waste my time buying all that shit.

So main issue with this announcement is timing.

why yes, if you blindly follow and trust someone and have no concerns or question them, you are that thing I am not allowed to mention again

Top Bottom