Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
we have yet to see what kind of content it will be, if it is in any way connected to the main plot, then it is not exactly optional

Of course it's optional. The entire game is optional. Nobody is making you play TW3; if you felt you didn't get your money's worth, then don't buy the expansion.

What you're probably trying to say is that this content should have been included in the base game, but you have no way of knowing that yet. Possibly it should have been, but to take that stand now is just silly because noone's played the game (also considering how big TW3 is supposed to be, I doubt anyone will be able to accuse CDPR of skimping on base content).

Well crowdfunding is usually required to even start developing the game ( at least more of the time), while pre-orders are usually the mark where you can start earning money back. If the pre-order is a long time away from release then i understand but that's not always the case i suppose.

if I did not care that much about these series, I would not be on these forums, okay guy? so it is not exactly optional for me

So, you are willing to pay for you don't know what, and not willing to pay for more explicit goal of making the game? Where is logic?-)

Never said I paid for pre-orders either. And from my point of view yours is the logic fallacy. I have seen too many promising Kickstarters succeed then churn out crap that had nothing to do with what was promised. At least with pre-orders you can cancel out before release if something doesn't look right. I grant you that I did pay for my Witcher 3 pre-order on GOG but that was with the money back condition.

Last edited:
why yes, if you blindly follow and trust someone and have no concerns or question them, you are that thing I am not allowed to mention again

"Sheep"? You know, I used to be a Bioware sheep myself (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, the Neverwinter series), but now I am "Baaaa" ing here instead of the Bioware forums. Would you like to guess why?

What I am now interested in, is how will Toussaint be connected to original map, how can you get there. I think that the best way would be if Geralt gets to fast travel board and through that he traverse there. Since Toussaint is far from original map you cant just ride there from No mans land, can you? Or maybe you could travel there by boat, there is a river connecting main sea and Toussaint?

What I absolutely wouldnt like is that you must choose in main menu what will you play, original game or expansion, if you cant jump fast from one region to another.

doesn't matter why, the past does not dictate the present/future, you never know what you will get, and should question everything, some things less than others due to reputations, but still, things change, be ready for it

What I am now interested in, is how will Toussaint be connected to original map, how can you get there. I think that the best way would be if Geralt gets to fast travel board and through that he traverse there. Since Toussaint is far from original map you cant just ride there from No mans land, can you? Or maybe you could travel there by boat, there is a river connecting main sea and Toussaint?

What I absolutely wouldnt like is that you must choose in main menu what will you play, original game or expansion, if you cant jump fast from one region to another.

I would prefer that as well. Better idea to be able to fast travel there, i'd go with that!

i think they shouldnt release Avengers 2 on the 1st of may... because we know that movies like Civil War, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans, Thor 3 and Avengers 3 is in development aswell...........so its "cut content" and they should all be released when they are together on the year 2039........

Sad news... If they continue working on expantions for next year Cyberpunk wont come out for next 2 years.

Personally I want to switch only to PS4 for games. I rather spend money on car parts then new PC.

The issue here is not the extra content you have to pay for. Nor the paid for DLC attached to this announcement.

The issue is simply timing. Did we really need an announcement for extra content that we have to pay for, when the game is being released next month. This announcement should have been held back to after the game is released. That's the main issue here.

They can delay the game 3 times but they couldn't delay this announcement. The announcement = CDPR want more money before people even had the chance to buy their main game.

When a game like Mortal Kombat, which I would have loved to buy, comes with so many paid for DLC options, it puts me off. I will not be buying Mortal Kombat because of that. And that is the worry I have because of this announcement.
Many people on here are hardcore Witcher fans who will buy anything Witcher related. But the people out there are not hardcore Witcher fans and won't just spend their money easy. You want me to buy this and that and hat else. Yeah, not going to waste my time buying all that shit.

So main issue with this announcement is timing.

No, the real issue is... why does it matter? I've been lurking here for a little bit reading posts and I still have not seen a single person articulate why its such a bad thing. If this news excites you then preorder it, if it doesnt then dont... That should really be the end of it.

If someone wants to buy it and support CDPR without seeing what the content is.. so what? Thats their prerogative. How they choose to spend their money has no bearing on the rest of us. The standard game that the rest of us will buy has not changed at all.

if I did not care that much about these series, I would not be on these forums, okay guy? so it is not exactly optional for me

Then what exaclty are you complaining about? Getting more content for a game. Typically that is seen as a good thing. Having to pay for more content? I guess they could just double the content and call it TW4. They are charging money for it because they feel they are putting enough extra work into it that they deserve/need the extra cash. (I have seen companies cut content and sell it, but we shouldn't argue/whine about hypotheticals as much as is being done here, we understand your concern that CDPR might become the next EA, I hope to GOd they don't but not going to cry over it before it happens...)

The weirdest thing I read here so far is "I bought the CE shouldn't I get this free, or this should be included in the CE because I paid Bonzo bucks for it..." Yes you paid money for the CE but then you paid for the extra stuff that is in the CE, not for all future rights to everything ever made for the game thereafter... The stuff in the CE costs money to make/ship that is why it costs more and why you were willing to pay for it. WTH are you expecting?

doesn't matter why, the past does not dictate the present/future, you never know what you will get, and should question everything, some things less than others due to reputations, but still, things change, be ready for it

Excuse me, but what are you talking about.... Without quoting the post you just replied to... it's sometimes hard to understand....

i think they shouldnt release Avengers 2 on the 1st of may... because we know that movies like Civil War, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans, Thor 3 and Avengers 3 is in development aswell...........so its "cut content" and they should all be released when they are together on the year 2039........

Welld done good sir well done.:hatsoff:

This is not a good example.

Top Bottom