Crafting in THE WITCHER series

+
Crafting in THE WITCHER series

I have been an mmo player primarily. I played many single player rpg in the distant past. SKYRIM in the not so distant past. One of the things I love to do in mmog is craft. I know "crafting" in W 1 & W2 was very minimal. Can anyone point me to some links(or share some insights) detailing W3 crafting ?

* currently playing W 1

Last edited:
I looked around a bit but i don't think there are any links detailing how crafting of weapons/armor/alchemy work right now. Maybe closer to the games release, if we get a dev diary for it or even after it i suppose.

Equipment - diagram/ ingredients/ craftsmen from 15min video loading tip. Like in Witcher 2

Basically it's like BiggusD1 says; you get diagrams, you get the ingredients then you search for a smith and you get your sword or armor. Like TW1 and TW2.

But the crafting should have more depth in TW3, if we believe the devs. What I want to know, because there isn't that much info about crafting released yet, if we can 'switch' out crafting material and the item also changes? For instance, take the bear armor concept art. If the player can use wolf pelts to craft that item, will the look change? (small changes) Will some of the stats change?
This would be an awesome mechanic because players that are either rich or have hunted enough of the rare monsters can create some very cool and 'legendary' armor... But I guess that TW3 will have a more 'static' crafting system and that you need specific diagrams and ingredients to craft something.

Mohasz

Forum veteran
What I want to know, because there isn't that much info about crafting released yet, if we can 'switch' out crafting material and the item also changes? For instance, take the bear armor concept art. If the player can use wolf pelts to craft that item, will the look change?
(...) But I guess that TW3 will have a more 'static' crafting system and that you need specific diagrams and ingredients to craft something.
Yep, I think the ingredients aren't interchangeable.

There was also some information about three different levels of blacksmiths, so for example, you'll need a master craftsman (level 3) to create a very unique and valuable armor or weapon.

I wish some game developers would take crafting more seriously. Gathering materials is not crafting. Perhaps a mod maker will take this to heart. They certainly did in SKYRIM.

Well as the above have said, you will need to find diagrams so you learn recipes and then try to find the ingredients for each item/potion. It might not be easy to get some ingredients since they might only drop from specific, hard to find monsters. Then it's a matter of going to a crafter and he can make the stuff you want. There are tier crafters too (rumored) so you need to find the right one for some weapons.

I know it's not as an MMO crafting system but i always found it quite good for a single player RPG. I guess there are people who want a more in depth system, i understand that.

Well as the above have said, you will need to find diagrams so you learn recipes and then try to find the ingredients for each item/potion. It might not be easy to get some ingredients since they might only drop from specific, hard to find monsters. Then it's a matter of going to a crafter and he can make the stuff you want. There are tier crafters too (rumored) so you need to find the right one for some weapons.

I know it's not as an MMO crafting system but i always found it quite good for a single player RPG. I guess there are people who want a more in depth system, i understand that.

Thanks for your insights.

Top Bottom