"The Northern realms? Don't you mean Radovid's realms?"

+
Whether Henselt was killed, or if he was beaten at Vergen, I believe his main force was still massed on the north side of the Pontar. So those troops would have been in a position to resist the invaders for a while, if they kept their heads. . . .

"if they kept their heads. . . ."
Don't forget that all of the kings who formed the holy alliance who repulsed the empire during the second northern war have lost theirs.:p

Without their king and their allies of old I don't think the Kaedwen troops will last long against the hundred of thousands of black ones heading north.
Deprived of their morale they will likely run for their lives without even making a stand.

If we look at this with a clear mind the only thing standing between the north and complete Nilfgaard is Radovid.

In only five weeks we will asist to the clash of two mighty forces:

The severest nordling alive:

And the White Flame dancing on the barrows of his enemies:

It'll be a tale to tell the young 'uns :D

Last edited:
Yep, since TW2 Radovid is presented as the strongest and most capable Northern leader. He will be the one who may unite the North and win the war. Not on my watch, though. I would like very much for Letho to come North again...

And the [/COLOR]White Flame dancing on the barrows of his enemies:

It'll be a tale to tell the young 'uns
:D[/QUOTE]

LOL - perfect! :D

We'll just have to see how much Geralt dabbles in politics this time. . . .

He will have no choice - some of his decisions will unintentionally but severly influence the history of Northern Realms I guess. Just think about supporting Skellige throne successor - it could mean a great deal! (judging from scarps of information about "red bear wedding (feast)"....

Why are you wasting your time discuting?

The Sun rises from every cardinal point what means Emhyr has won!

On your knees, peble!

We'll just have to see how much Geralt dabbles in politics this time. . . .

He'll end up neck-deep in politics, just by trying to stay out of it. If you keep company with kings and generals and spies, it's not something you can avoid.

Radovid always reminds me of Henry Tudor. He may not be a capable general himself, but he is very smart and knows how to recruit and keep the best.

Well, define "win".

It depends pretty much on what Emhyr wants to reach with his war. Is he satisfied with conquering Temeria, Lyria and Aedirn for now? Or does he want Redania and Kaedwen as well. Or even Kovir and Poviss? Is the even able to support his troops that far north.

History tells us that it's always hard to conquer and especially hold countries/lands that are (too) far away from your home country, especially if there is a strong feeling of national pride and an educated and wealthy society (at least parts of it). If we assume that Emhyr wants to conquer the whole north, is he able to keep it in the empire? For how long?

Maybe he just wants a peace treaty for now with Redania and Keadwen that agrees to the status quo that all Temeria, Lyria and Aedirn is finally lost to the empire. For that peace treaty he has to kill enough northern troops and he has to finally conquer all of No man's land an everything else south of the Pontar to change the rules of engagement to his favor imho.
Emhyr's end goal is to spread the Empire across all the known world, no? And don't we know from the books that it does happen eventually? Not necessarily in his lifetime, but still, that's the goal, and I think the prime victory of the war in TW3 will be conquering Redania. Taking it down with its troublesome dynasty and there's barely anyone left to stop him. I don't think he'll bother bringing his armies north just to occupy lands torn by civil war and stop there.

Perhaps Emyr will abdicate once he gives Ciri "what she deserves".
I don't think Emhyr wants anything from Ciri anymore. That ship has sailed.
If he did I'd really be angry with CDPR...
I guess he would want her to be his successor to the throne by this point, wanting to fulfill that damn elven prophecy after he let her go 5 years back would not really make any sense except if he saw or sensed something really bad happening later on if he did not go back to his "duty" to fulfill that prophecy, or we are misunderstanding his intentions, we have to wait and see, not that long now :p
Yeah, I'm really wondering about Emhyr's meaning with those words. At Lady of the Lake he decided to leave her be and he went with the fake Ciri. Suddenly changing his mind in TW3 seems really off.

Temeria, at the start of the game, is of course already lost. I'm betting that during the game, Radovid will start the counterattack. Henselt might do the same in the east, if he is still alive and got control of Aedirn at the end of TW2. I wonder what will happen in the east if Saskia managed to hold the Pontar Valley though. I could imagine a lot of Scoia'tael in the Northern Kingdoms rallying under Saskia and Iorveth, in which case they might hold out for a little while. Or maybe they just get steamrolled like everyone else.
Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to what Radovid is gonna do. Most cunning of all the Northern leaders, though he has yet to prove himself in open battle.

"The Northern Kingdoms, a lovely map. One that I fear will soon need to be redrawn."

Last edited:

Emhyr's end goal is to spread the Empire across all the known world, no? And don't we know from the books that it does happen eventually? Not necessarily in his lifetime, but still, that's the goal, and I think the prime victory of the war in TW3 will be conquering Redania. Taking it down with its troublesome dynasty and there's barely anyone left to stop him. I don't think he'll bother bringing his armies north just to occupy lands torn by civil war and stop there.
Well, it could be his prime motive of this war to conquer all of Temeria, Lyria and Aederin - basically everything of value between the Yaruga and the Pontar - just as easily. The question is whether Radovid will allow him to do so, now that he has a strong claim for the vacant Temerian throne after marrying Foltest's daughter. That's probably the reason why No man's land exists in the first place (which is on Temerian soil).

Of course Emhyr's long termplan might be to conquer the complete north. But like I've already said, he's also a rational. He probably knows that conquering too much land in too little time means spreading too thin. So he might want to stop at the Pontar for now, letting Nilfgaardian "culture" dripping into the conquered land and holding a strong position there for a while before following new expansions. Conquering three northern kingdoms might also be sufficient for his standing at home, silencing his critics in the Nilfgaardian empire.

He might want to seriously weaken Redania and Kaedwen though, forcing them into a biased peace treaty, e.g. by forcing Radovid to resign from the Temerian throne. Of course all of that is just speculation, but that what makes the most sense to me personally.

Edit:
Actually No man's land isn't completely lost to Nilfgaard in TW3. And No man's land is on Temerian soil...so at least a last small part of Temeria is still embattled...

Last edited:
I've been wondering what Emhyr might be up to as well. Give her what she deserves, indeed.

One quick thing - at the beginning of that video Geralt can say he was dreaming of Kaer Morhen. How do we know that the "First 15 min." wasn't the first 15 not counting the prologue? I haven't spoiled myself on all the details of the beginning, but I got the impression that this video starts after the end of the prologue/tutorial which I believe happens at KM with Ciri and the inputing of previous TW2 choices. Not that that would necessarily change the dialog, but it might?

I don't know what I would do if I had the choice, let the Nilfgaardians control the North or let Radovid rule...

I'm leaning towards the Nilfgaardians, I think of Radovid as a cocky bastard. He let his kingdom be ruled by a spymaster and a sorceress and now has the audacity to call himself king, while he hasn't done anything significant yet. He just has a big army and big lands, because others made it so for him.

Just imagine what the world would be like under one ruler. We finally would know what's beyond the blue (?) mountains and to the far north and east.
Nilfgaard would bring industry, fair trade, rules and stability to the north.
Sure the first few years might be harsh under the new rule, but people need to learn to adapt to the new ruler, and the Nilfgaardian soldiers should learn that the new colonies aren't just filled with 'lesser' people... That said, i've never met or heard from a Nilfgaardian farmer. If the bee 'farmer' in Geralt's trek south was any indication, they're just as strange and stupid as their northern counterparts. (Although those farmers were also located in the colonies)

...what i'm trying to say is, if the north would fall under Nilfgaards rule then it wouldn't be the end of the world.
So were do I sign my Nilfgaardian citizenship application?

...what i'm trying to say is, if the north would fall under Nilfgaards rule then it wouldn't be the end of the world.
So were do I sign my Nilfgaardian citizenship application?

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Sign me up and give me my sun badge.

Top Bottom