Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
I was kind of hoping they would drop the damage increase a little and increase the enemy health in return on harder difficulties.
So that battles lasted longer, which would make them harder, but you wouldn't just drop dead because of an unlucky dodge.

actually I prefer them to add more abilities to the ennemies that become a little bit harder to manage...for exemple better weapon skills etc

I fixed the game.

I was kind of hoping they would drop the damage increase a little and increase the enemy health in return on harder difficulties.
So that battles lasted longer, which would make them harder, but you wouldn't just drop dead because of an unlucky dodge.

Well, that's kind of how the Witcher works, at least since TW2. A little bit like Dark Souls in terms of combat. You got to dodge and parry and get your potions right to defeat an enemy. You deal out good damage and often you can chop down some enemies pretty quick. You also have Quen for protecting you from the first hit you get and absorbing most of it's damage. But if you get hit - boy oh boy - you'll get hit a good deal. In TW2 health bar would often drop down almost 1/3 when being hit by a mid-level monster like the Endrega Queen, or when hit from behind (which makes a lot more damage on you). The name of the game is be careful, be prepared and be quick on your reflexes.

The road seems specifically designed so that we can admire the sun rise in the beginning for a great scenery. Maybe they didn't want to change the layout for this sequence.

@nocny That's not exactly fixing the game, because it kinda means that the Northern Kingdoms are actually Southern Kingdoms now; if you look at the White Orchard map orientation:D (Although they might be getting fully annexed by Nilfgaard anyway, so it doesn't matter... :p )

I thought it was both?

As far as we've seen the only way to use a potion is to "equip it" in one of the two available slots and press the corresponding hotkey. You can probably use them outside of combat too but the bonus effect lasts for a really short time so its probably not something you'll want to do unless you're desperate for health or need to use cat tto see. Meditation replenishes the amount of uses you get.

As far as we've seen the only way to use a potion is to "equip it" in one of the two available slots and press the corresponding hotkey. You can probably use them outside of combat too but the bonus effect lasts for a really short time so its probably not something you'll want to do unless you're desperate for health or need to use cat tto see. Meditation replenishes the amount of uses you get.

As of now we know there are two types of potions.

Mutagenic - you drink these outside of combat, during meditation, these give big stat bonuses are highly toxic. They last until the player cancels the effect during a future meditation.
Normal potions (e.g. Swallow, Thunderbolt) - these can be equipped to the quick slots and can be drunk in combat, they give lower stats and are of lower toxicity. They last a fairly limited amount of time.

Now things might have changed since last we've heard about these, so keep that in mind.

All right, friends, I realise we can't be sure this is even the final icon for Vitality Regeneration, but does anyone else have a guess what this is supposed to be? It looks like a heart with a couple of leaves growing from it, to me.

Attachments

• Regeneration.jpg
    Regeneration.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 55

Mutagenic - you drink these outside of combat, during meditation, these give big stat bonuses are highly toxic. They last until the player cancels the effect during a future meditation.
Normal potions (e.g. Swallow, Thunderbolt) - these can be equipped to the quick slots and can be drunk in combat, they give lower stats and are of lower toxicity. They last a fairly limited amount of time.

Now things might have changed since last we've heard about these, so keep that in mind.

I thought they were always drunk before combat but Geralt activated effect in battle. Don't know why I imagined that.

Ah yeah, I forgot that Mutagens were also a type of potions now. The "equip/unequip" nature makes it easy to forget.

All right, friends, I realise we can't be sure this is even the final icon for Vitality Regeneration, but does anyone else have a guess what this is supposed to be? It looks like a heart with a couple of leaves growing from it, to me.

That is exactly what it looks like to me. I feel like I've seen a similar logo before on some "heart healthy" branded food, except using the heart symbol and not an actual heart.

Last edited:
That is exactly what it looks like to me. I feel like I've seen a similar logo before on some "heart healthy" branded food, except using the heart symbol and not an actual heart.

We've got to keep Geralt on a low-cholesterol diet, now? Great! What next, alcohol-free potions?

Last edited:
Illustration of the sun problem:

---------- Updated at 04:14 PM ----------
Ever since this has been pointed out it has really been bothering me.
Does the sun rise from the west in Witcher canon? Was it like this in other games?
If not, how do you miss something like this?

We've got to keep Geralt on a low-cholesterol diet, now? Great! What next, alcohol-free potions?

What? Alcoholfree potions?! I dare you say that heresy thing again! I double dare you!
But regen really looks like you said :D ... hope we can get rid of the toxicity fast enough on higher levels.
When we take mutagenic potions... quite curious about them ... and how the REDs made them work
out in game.

Ever since this has been pointed out it has really been bothering me.
Does the sun rise from the west in Witcher canon? Was it like this in other games?
If not, how do you miss something like this?

So how do you think I feel, who let the cat out of the bag? :ermm:

I watched video many times before I even discovered it.

It's been established that correct cardinal directions, as well as the sun's position during the day, are as it should be in previous two games. Ergo the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

Thank @ReptilePZ for that confirmation.

So no, it's not a canon thing. Whatever it is, a bug possibly, remains to be seen, and we await to hear from the devs. @theta77 has already commented on it.

So this is not a "It's a different world, and very unlike ours" kind of debate. Even if it is a different world. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom