[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+

http://www.gamepur.com/news/18534-w...-absolutely-gorgeous-screenshot-revealed.html

BEAUTUFUL! I am getting pc version of the game but I would still very much like to have this theme for my PS4. Please make this available for download in playstation store REDs. Even if it wouldnt be free. I would gladly pay for this an euro or two....

I'd be pleased if we had this one as a PC wallpaper. But, due to its unusual dimensions, it doesn't fit quite right, and I can't figure how to adjust it properly.

Last edited:
About HairWorks discussion, at Polish forum @blooddragon said that in SoD Geralt has low-poly model of hair and disabled HairWorks. In 35min gameplay his hair looks very similar, so I bet they're the same.
In January footage it looks like HW is on, except Kaer Trolde scene and the last one, but maybe it's just different hairstyle. Hair looks amazing in Nilfgaardian Camp, it's 99% HW.
In new IGN First 15min footage, hair are affected by a wind and looks very good, but if we take a look on a griffin we can see that HW is off. Blooddragon mentioned that REDs got their own tech which allows them to make basic simulation for hair, if it looks that good i will turn off HW with no regret, especially that griffin looks better without HW for me.

About HairWorks discussion, at Polish forum @blooddragon said that in SoD Geralt has low-poly model of hair and disabled HairWorks. In 35min gameplay his hair looks very similar, so I bet they're the same.
In January footage it looks like HW is on, except Kaer Trolde scene and the last one, but maybe it's just different hairstyle. Hair looks amazing in Nilfgaardian Camp, it's 99% HW.
In new IGN First 15min footage, hair are affected by a wind and looks very good, but if we take a look on a griffin we can see that HW is off. Blooddragon mentioned that REDs got their own tech which allows them to make basic simulation for hair, if it looks that good i will turn off HW with no regret, especially that griffin looks better without HW for me.

In 35 min demo HW was enabled. We can see it from GRIFFIN's HEAD hanging on the horse. it's 100 percent. In SOD trailer hair looks similar to 35 min demo. Now if SOD trailer HW was disabled then it must be disabled in 35 min demo too. But we all know that 35 min demo HW was enabled. So it means that HW was enabled in SOD trailer too. And In January footage hair looks waaay different than SOD and 35 min demo.( it looks amazing in village when Geralt get of from horse and in soldiers camp) So it means that in January HW was disabled. In last IGN demo hair was similar with GDC demo and 35 min demo too. SO it means that in IGN demo HW was enabled too.

Isn't hairworks a part of the ultra setting in which case it hasn't been shown since no ultra material exist and won't be shown till after the game is released. The only real hard source we have AFAIK is from the German journalist that were allowed to play with ultra including hairworks, which he stated looked absolutely amazing.

HairWorks could be enabled on griffin's head and Roach's tail, but REDs hadn't already implemented HW on Geralt's hair. In SoD wasn't enabled, RED said that, so it is ceratin information.
In January footage hair looks way better and the griffin has "better" fur than in 15min from IGN, so HW is enabled. But Roach's tail is worse than in 35min gameplay :D I guess REDs throw it away from the game :p Or HW has not simple on/off switch, but some levels. On the other hand Damien after PAX wrote on twitter that HW has indeed on/off switch.

In 35 min demo HW was enabled. We can see it from GRIFFIN's HEAD hanging on the horse. it's 100 percent. In SOD trailer hair looks similar to 35 min demo. Now if SOD trailer HW was disabled then it must be disabled in 35 min demo too. But we all know that 35 min demo HW was enabled. So it means that HW was enabled in SOD trailer too. And In January footage hair looks waaay different than SOD and 35 min demo.( it looks amazing in village when Geralt get of from horse and in soldiers camp) So it means that in January HW was disabled. In last IGN demo hair was similar with GDC demo and 35 min demo too. SO it means that in IGN demo HW was enabled too.

How does it feel to know game better than developer? @blooddragon confirmed hw was off in SOD and yet you try to prove it was on, wtf.

How does it feel to know game better than developer? @blooddragon confirmed hw was off in SOD and yet you try to prove it was on, wtf.

I said tooooo many times after January footage that hair looks way better than 35 min demo and SOD trailer and moderator send me facepalm picture another moderator said me that they both same hair style and there is no difference and i feel stupid and some members of forum said to me that in January footage HW was disabled and in 35 min demo it was enabled. And i asked it in technical question part and still waiting the answer. And we saw many time that devs can make mistakes too. Yes i know that @blooddragon said that was disabled in SOD.

2nd. We all know that January footage was on high setting and HW was DISABLED. SO we have 2 different looking hair in same hair style. January footage and 35 min, SOD, GDC. If one was HW enabled then others must be disabled. We know that January one was disabled. Does SOD hair look similar with January? NO. But how 35 min demo? Yes. THEN HOW CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN THIS? I do not know exactly if HW was enabled or disabled in SOD trailer. But what i know that 35 min demo and SOD trailer hair looks similar and in 35 min demo we saw HW in action. Even e3 xbox one demo Geralt's hair was similar with 35 min demo. So this is another confusion for me.

Now if any confirmation will be about january footage hw was enabled, then all this confusin will end for me. And like i said January footage hair was waaaay better than 35 min and others. I am repeating that becauuse in 35 min demo Griffin hair was HW enabled. And Geralts hair was same in SOD trailer and 35 min demo.

OOOhh. I am tired.

---------- Updated at 01:17 PM ----------

HairWorks could be enabled on griffin's head and Roach's tail, but REDs hadn't already implemented HW on Geralt's hair. In SoD wasn't enabled, RED said that, so it is ceratin information.
In January footage hair looks way better and the griffin has "better" fur than in 15min from IGN, so HW is enabled. But Roach's tail is worse than in 35min gameplay :D I guess REDs throw it away from the game :p Or HW has not simple on/off switch, but some levels. On the other hand Damien after PAX wrote on twitter that HW has indeed on/off switch.

Yes. You are the only one making sense. Confusion everywhere.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA I laughed my ass off about the whole grass thing...

No, but seriously, it's like 3rd time today I have to delete off topic posts, so please, save me this work.

@rivenll is back with the grasses! It's what you have been waiting for everybody :p

On a serious note, the nature absolutely looks gorgeous in the last trailer :) I'm practically drooling all over it. Long grasses, short grasses, bushes, trees... (Sorry, couldn't keep myself :) )

GrassGate™ you've heard it here first, folks!

Oh please... could you all please get out your grassbaws and mow those witcher lawns? please?
Although i am the only one who want to force the REDs to give us the game already?

Top Bottom