The new Gameplay Trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is LIVE!

+
Play cards - get drunk - have some romantic interludes -............Wait, I have to pay $39.99 U.S. for that? Haha :)

Wow - fantastic video.
Sales should skyrocket after that!

Attachments

• Elf.JPG
    Elf.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 52
We said a few months ago that it'd be cool if there was the current rate of decapitation would only happen if Geralt drank some strength enhancing potions, that way you really feel Geralt's strength potioned up instead of having this unrealistic feel all the time.

I have nothing against executions or beheadings. The point is that the physics seem to be broken. If you behead something the head just falls off, straight to the ground. They put a basket under the head at the Guillotine for a reason back in the time.

The upwards movement of the head is also just impossible. There is only a downwards directed force applied by Geralt's sword (which is weak since the blade is so sharp and most of the force is just used to cut, not to punch)...

Last edited:
with this trailer we'll have enough to talk about until release date :p
it looks so awesome, it's going to be epic, everything is perfect, the first real next-gen mature game

I have nothing against executions or beheading. The point is that the physics seem to be broken. If you behead something the head just falls off, straigth to the ground. They put a basket under the head at the Guillotine for a reason back in the time.

The upwards movement of the head is also just impossible. There is only a downwards directed force applied by Geralt's sword (which is weak since the blade is so sharp and most of the force is just used to cut, not to punch)...

Physics are really hard to do and more often than not we're not going to see them up close like in the trailer

I'm arguing that it seems to happen too often and will lose it's charm after a while. It should be used sparingly for great effect.

WOW!! This is amazing man. It looks perfect! I cannot wait, CANNOT!!! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself until May 19th!

I have nothing against executions or beheading. The point is that the physics seem to be broken. If you behead something the head just falls off, straigth to the ground. They put a basket under the head at the Guillotine for a reason back in the time.

This is a game with griffins, drowners, werewolves, and all sorts of other fictional creatures why do the decapitations have to look realistic?

Physics are really hard to do and more often than not we're not going to see them up close like in the trailer

I'm arguing that it seems to happen too often and will lose it's charm after a while. It should be used sparingly for great effect.
It's not that hard to do. Just reduce the physics for body parts/limbs. They shouldn't only fall down to the ground without some weird flying curves way above the body. Problem solved.

IIRC you will be able to completely disable executions in the settings. But that doesn't make it for me. I want executions, just not such ridiculous ones with immersion-breaking effects and physics... :/

I look at the sky whenever I can, and still I am amazed by it. Even the small part in that wraith screenshot. The skyboxes are out of this freaking world :)

Well, was not expecting this this morning. Excellent way to start this Friday. Some great stuff in there, I love the return of the unicorn. Also, apparently removing your clothes with magic is trending with the sorceresses. Yen sure knows how to even the playing field to take back her man.

Game should be pretty much done at the retail level as it should be off for first party submission and certification soon. Looking good CDPR! I can't wait to get my hands actually on it!
View attachment 12298

That is one ciriously unhappy kid. I mean, come on, the painter could have at least taken artistic liberties to not capture her actual expression (though I can't blame her, look at that damn dress - she doesn't even look like she can move her arms). :p

Attachments

• geralt_bod.jpg
    geralt_bod.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 56

The lesser evil.In real life some details are too fast for being watched. So, a little of "unreal" physical rules can be accepted if allow us to appreciate these details.

Top Bottom