The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is, because
the unicorn broke apart in the books.

Yes but ...

in the prologue scene with Geralt and Vesemir they read a letter where Yennefer claims to still have the unicorn.

Concerning the choice between Triss and Yennefer I have renewed hope for Geralt´s ability to charm more than one lady. ;P

View attachment 12337

Attachments

• Geralt-Triss-Yenn.jpg
    Geralt-Triss-Yenn.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 291
Let's not get head of ourselves.

Ultimately we don't have true context on that scene, and I for one still heavily doubt the possibility of some kind of "Harem" end. It just simply isn't befitting of either Triss or Yennefer's character.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is, because

You don' t say *smirk* ... but i know whats that postscript says in the IGN 15 minutes :p

PS: I still have the unicorn

Why not? They are friends? Like sex and Geralt... Geralt ( my Geralt at least ;) ) likes both of them, so have fun... ;P

Also from real life experience I can honestly claim, that you can talk women into practically anything when they are in love with you.... ;)

Am i the only one who is a little bit concerned by how many scenes we already saw Triss with Geralt, but how few we saw Yen with him?

The only romantic scene between Yen and Geralt was a memory, a good memory, but still just a memory.

"But Kalle, maybe they just don't want to show you that already in the trailers", yeah, but they could already show all with Triss? Reminds me of the Witcher 2 trailers and how onesided it was in Witcher 2 in the end.

Call me a pessimist, but that's my impression, maybe someone can prove me wrong.

I really need an emoticon of "Yennefer disapproves".

You know what though man, I feel like we should see the strain in Geralt's and Yennefer's relationship. I mean, sure we've gone past that (the one's that have read the books) but I think it will feel kind of strange if we don't see some sort of quarrel or tension between the two.

I don't expect that we will see much of Yennefer at least early on in the game. That way, new people can get a feeling of what Geralt and Yennefer have, and us fans can reminisce on the books.

If the game picks up their relationship just right where the books left it, I think it would be quite boring. Too much love and no drama and so on. :p

I'm just happy that TrissxGeralt is confirmed I was worried that they would pander to book fans and only focus on Yennefer
Really like the teaser we got (kiss scene)

I'm curious about how they'll properly establish Yen in the games, given her personality is a bit, uh, intense would be a polite way to put it. Triss is much more familiar to players who haven't read the books, so I can see her being heavily favored over Yennifer unless they establish her well.

As much as I liked Triss in the first two games I didn't know about Yennefer until very lightly from Witcher 2 when she was mentioned in the cutscenes.

Then I read the books...Yennefer is totally the one I am going to choose in my playthrough for obvious reasons.

For me it doesnt matter whether yen or triss is better. What does matter is that cdprojekt red even gives us the choice. It also cant be like the triss scenes from witcher 2 where whether you sleep with her or not it has no consequence to the endings.

Last edited:
i wonder where are the MOAR CULRS calls are now :D ... lucky Yennefers hair appears black
enough now right? Hehhehehehe

A succubus you say.... hmmm this never struck my mind... but could be :D

Hmm, let me explain it different. Everything/everyone looks so happy?

I was anticipating kinda a clash or struggle this time with the introduction of Yennefer, yet all scenes we saw so far are, well, good, happy and cheerful?

Making it almost unreal considering the circumstances. It looks like the problem(s) we thought would arise with Yennefer coming into the game are not really that heavy considering how the scenes are portrayed so far. Everyone who read the books knows how Yennefer and Triss "conversation" was at the end.

I haven't seen the first 15minutes of the game and i won't, so i can't judge what we can see there.

Maybe i am expecting too much from a videogame in terms of relationships, but i hoped that we see more than just a happy relationship for everyone like the Bioware games do.

I was anticipating kinda a clash or struggle this time with the introduction of Yennefer, yet all scenes we saw so far are, well, good, happy and cheerful?

How do you mean everyone seems happy? I think the scene with the unicorn we saw was a flashback to the books as a manner of introducing her. I think meeting her in the game will be quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom