[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+
Looks like the game has been upgraded in terms of textures, foliage and draw distance since PAX East gameplay. Or could it be just different settings or platforms.... :hmm:

Attachments

• Adsız.jpg
    Adsız.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Adsız2.jpg
    Adsız2.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Looks like the game has been upgraded in terms of textures, foliage and draw distance since PAX East gameplay. Or could it be just different settings or platforms.... :hmm:
The upper image is from PAX, and it was on PC.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...Official-Gameplay-Video?p=1562118#post1562118
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...Official-Gameplay-Video?p=1562197#post1562197

I haven't yet seen a Red say what platform this trailer was crafted with, but I think it's safe to say that at least that lower image is from PC too. So settings probably.

He says in the link you post that Pax East is High settings on PC.

Soo.. then the the new one must be from Ultra settings, because there is a huge difference in foliage and textures near the cliff. And the city on the right corner of the screenshot doesn't even exist in Pax East one so draw distance must be increased or something.

They said they won't be showing the Ultra until release, but if it is Ultra, which there seems to be no other option and fits the ultra definition of Damien(more foliage and detail and slap across the face), then it sure is a feast for eyes:hatsoff:

Last edited:
This is not a mere difference from High to Ultra, in fact I dont think thats Ultra footage.

That section of the game got majorly tweaked, it has many added assets and textures changes, and of course the time of the day is different and as it's been confirmed by pretty much every footage, day time changes graphics a lot in this engine.

If it looks just as good as that bottem pic & the new trailer on my PS4, I'll be more than happy/pleased ;)

It's most probably the difference between builds people. Didn't the Gamestar guy say that the draw distance changed a lot in the most recent build? And I'm guessing there are graphical improvements too because of the increased performance (which gives them space to crank the settings up a notch). I'm not sure if today's video has Ultra settings, just because of the simple fact that there was no HairWorks (on monsters). I mean, Geralt's hair probably used the low performance impact in-house technology that CDPR developed, but the fur on the monsters definitely did not have HairWorks (And we know that HairWorks is included in the Ultra preset).

But, even if this is Ultra, I think for a world of this size it is definitely breathtaking... I mean, I'm looking at the details on the textures (Have you seen the leather textures?! :) ) in awe. And the foliage, the effect of the wind on them, the water, the models... There are even semi-volumetric clouds apparent in the Kaer Morhen shot. Mark me impressed on the visual quality; I wasn't expecting for it to look "this" good ;)

If it is not even Ultra you ask? Then I don't have any words to say. Just *heavy breathing* ;)

Last edited:
It's most probably the difference between builds people. Didn't the Gamestar guy say that the draw distance changed a lot in the most recent build? And I'm guessing there are graphical improvements too because of the increased performance (which gives them space to crank the settings up a notch). I'm not sure if today's video has Ultra settings, just because of the simple fact that there was no HairWorks (on monsters). I mean, Geralt's hair probably used the low performance impact in-house technology that CDPR developed, but the fur on the monsters definitely did not have HairWorks (And we know that HairWorks is included in the Ultra preset).

But, even if this is Ultra, I think for a world of this size it is definitely breathtaking... I mean, I'm looking at the details on the textures (Have you seen the leather textures?! :) ) in awe. And the foliage, the effect of the wind on them, the water, the models... There are even semi-volumetric clouds apparent in the Kaer Morhen shot. Mark me impressed on the visual quality; I wasn't expecting for it to look "this" good ;)

If it is not even Ultra you ask? Then I don't have any words to say. Just *heavy breathing* ;)

I think I am going to get a Titan X for this game, expensive as hell I know but I want to experience this game in all its glory.

---------- Updated at 02:49 AM ----------

I think I am going to get a Titan X for this game, expensive as hell I know but I want to experience this game in all its glory.

What was shown today was not ultra, dev's already stated so....can't wait to see Ultra.

I'm getting tired of this"this is not ultra! " you people should stop living in a dream world,this is how the game will look and its awesome ;]

I'm getting tired of this"this is not ultra! " you people should stop living in a dream world,this is how the game will look and its awesome ;]
Exactly, it's odd that there are people who still believe that. Honestly, I can't imagine what else could look better than what we've seen in this trailer, it's almost perfect for god's sake. No offense to Damien, but I believe his statement about the ultra settings as much as I believed the "you can adjust the camera" thing. People should stop taking every bit of information seriously.

Can we please just for one day not talk about graphics? :) Seriously the game is coming in about a month. Do you realise this or just bashing your heads about graphics graphics? :))

Top Bottom