Price discrepancy with Pre purchase of Witcher 3, and the DLC pack on Steam

+
Price discrepancy with Pre purchase of Witcher 3, and the DLC pack on Steam

Currently the Pre-Purchase of Witcher 3 on steam costs $47.99 USD, thats after a 20% discount form the normal price of $59.99. Buying the DLC pack costs $24.99.
Now the "package deal" that includes Witcher 3 and the DLC pack costs $79.99. Now that is less than 59.99 + 24.99 = 84.98 , but its still more than 47.99 + 24.99 = 72.98.
Do the people responsible for pricing the game feel like this is something worth addressing? There must have been people buying the package deal, without doing the math, assuming it was at least an equal if not better deal than buying the items separately.

Attachments

• WitcheronSteam.png
    WitcheronSteam.png
    245 KB · Views: 65
You know they sell 2-liters of soda for 99 cents and 20 oz bottles for $1.49. If you live carelessly enough to not necessitate the difference, that's really on you.

Last edited:
I can assure you this and other apparent price discrepancies have been taken note of and referred to administrators. What, if anything, will come of this is not yet known.

Currently the Pre-Purchase of Witcher 3 on steam costs $47.99 USD, thats after a 20% discount form the normal price of $59.99. Buying the DLC pack costs $24.99.
Now the "package deal" that includes Witcher 3 and the DLC pack costs $79.99. Now that is less than 59.99 + 24.99 = 84.98 , but its still more than 47.99 + 24.99 = 72.98.
Do the people responsible for pricing the game feel like this is something worth addressing? There must have been people buying the package deal, without doing the math, assuming it was at least an equal if not better deal than buying the items separately.

Same thing on GOG, last time i looked.

And BTW, why no pre-order discount for the expansions? I'm not motivated to buy now, not at all.

I disagree about being not motivated to buy the DLC pack. If you want, you can buy them individually for a bigger price altogether though. Maybe you would prefer they set the base price at 30 and then discounted it to 25 to get you to buy it?

Top Bottom