The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
One week ago I would have said the same about sex on a unicorn...

But yeah I don't think this is really what we think.

Have you noticed the metal object near Geralt ?

Look like some medieval handcuff:

I really want to know the context of this scene.:p

Well it's pretty obvious. The same shackles Geralt wore in LaValette.

Seems like someone is having the sexy times with "Daddy" and "Granddad"

Attachments

• 1689145-975399_20110408_001.jpg
    1689145-975399_20110408_001.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 117
Given that we are already dealing with amnesia + reformed attachments, pretty much all the rules go by the wayside.

The human mind is a lot more complex and accommodating than most people ever realize. (I'm specifically not going to go into the science behind why multiple partners is biologically encoded, for both men and women. Let's leave that aside.)

IMHO, anyone who doesn't allow for the even the possibility of that occurrence is more than likely trying to hold onto their individual mental image of those characters personalities, not treating them as organic beings who can actually change their opinions in the face of new circumstances, events, or data (or simply a different player with different perceptions of that character's opinions in the case of the games themselves).
I disagree about your rules comment. Geralt might as well start butchering innocents for shits and giggles cause amnesia. That's not the case, and it shouldn't be. Not to mention that a threesome requires three. Even if Geralt is suddenly willing, I feel it's a disservice to Triss and Yen to have them jump into a bed together with him because he's OK with it (Yen is actually the more dominant in the relationship anyway).

And of course I'm holding onto an image. Why wouldn't I? To me part of what makes TW so interesting and powerful is that we're dealing with very fleshed out characters. Geralt isn't a blank slate and neither are the others. That's not to say they can't develop, but saying "everything is possible because humans are complicated" is a bit empty. My friend might stab me in the eye tomorrow and hula dance around me in a skirt because certain circumstances made him change his opinion, but based on what I know of him, that's extremely unlikely. There's a range of convincing development, and the area beyond it is ludicrous. I don't know what that line is, but to me a threesome between these characters is in that ludicrous field, based on what I know of them.

Doing things just because a story teller can is bad. He needs a compelling reason for things to develop as they do. If someone can go ahead and analyze their personalities in a way that will convince me it's not far-fetched, perhaps I'll accept it if I'm not stubborn. So far I'm not seeing any such persuading explanations.

Or in short, just because anything can happen doesn't mean everything should happen.

One week ago I would have said the same about sex on a unicorn...

But yeah I don't think this is really what we think.

Have you noticed the metal object near Geralt ?

Look like some medieval handcuff:

I really want to know the context of this scene.:p
This seems more in character to me than a threesome with Yen and Triss.

Last edited:
You know, the Geralt in the games isn't the Geralt from the books. Well, he is. But not really. That kind of makes the book aspect on his relationships pretty "useless" in many ways. He just isn't the same person as he was then. No offense to those who consider Yennefer to be the canon love interest but that doesn't really mean much as far as the game goes. I've read books and liked the Yen&Geralt relationship in them but right now I'm more emotionally invested in Triss (as is the Geralt I play as). Hell, it's only natural considering that Yennefer has so far only been a phantom that I've been chasing. And that has lead to a rather fascinating concept: character growth. Sign of good writing I suppose. Questioning what Geralt ( and I ) really want.

I disagree about your rules comment. Geralt might as well start butchering innocents for shits and giggles cause amnesia. That's not the case, and it shouldn't be. Not to mention that a threesome requires three. Even if Geralt is suddenly willing, I feel it's a disservice to Triss and Yen to have them jump into a bed together with him because he's OK with it (Yen is actually the more dominant in the relationship anyway).

This is Ad Absurdum, I won't comment on it.

And of course I'm holding onto an image. Why wouldn't I? To me part of what makes TW so interesting and powerful is that we're dealing with very fleshed out characters.
Part of what makes the TW so interesting and powerful to you. There will likely be millions of players with no connection whatsoever to Geralt from the previous games, nor Geralt/Triss/Yennefer from the books. Holding onto an image is fine. Claiming that your image must persist into everyone else's image is arrogance.

Geralt isn't a blank slate and neither are the others. That's not to say they can't develop, but saying "everything is possible because humans are complicated" is a bit empty. My friend might stab me in the eye tomorrow and hula dance around me in a skirt because certain circumstances made him change his opinion, but based on what I know of him, that's extremely unlikely. There's a range of convincing development, and the area beyond it is ludicrous. I don't know what that line is, but to me a threesome between these characters is in that ludicrous field, based on what I know of them.
Again, based on what you know of them. Also, Ad absurdum.

Doing things just because a story teller can is bad. He needs a compelling reason for things to develop as they do. If someone can go ahead and analyze their personalities in a way that will convince me it's not far-fetched, perhaps I'll accept it if I'm not stubborn. So far I'm not seeing any such persuading explanations.

Or in short, just because anything can happen doesn't mean everything should happen.

Again leaving aside the biological aspects since this is a fantasy world, and historical aspects of monogamy being a method for controlling women's bodies.

We have a character (Geralt) who had a strong love with a woman (Yen), who then was forced to forget her and then carried on living and forged a new, strong love for a different woman (Triss).

We have a woman (Yen) who was forced to forget her strong love for a man (Geralt), who continued on living (though we don't know in what ways yet) and now remembers him.

Regardless of any previous relationship between the two woman, it remains well within the realm of possibility that if they both actually love him, and he actually loves them both, then they would try to work something out. The return of memory isn't going suddenly invalidate the experiences, emotions, and attachments Geralt has built. That's not how love works.

And maybe either Yennifer or Triss wouldn't be able to handle that. That's a very real possibility, but it's also just as real of a possibility that so long as neither woman was trying to /own/ him, that they'd work to try to figure out a way to maintain all of those loving relationships.

Does that require a threesome? Nope. Not in the least.
Does that seem like a way that a video game would try to portray that to a wide audience in a limited amount of time? Yes, it really does.
Does that make even more sense in a love/lust-filled setting like the Witcher, and in a Witcher game especially? Yes.

Remember for that people who haven't read the books, who have only played the games, this is the 'canon' at the start of TW3. To have you romance someone for two games, develop a strong relationship with her, and then bring back a book character in the third game and say 'Sorry, that wasn't actually your true love, this is'. is really rough.

To then tell the player that they need to either choose between the person they built this relationship up with, or someone who is central to their character's 'book canon' history without the option to try to solve the problem more organically is the position that I would consider 'ludicrous', and a huge (nopunintended) dick move.

Part of what makes the TW so interesting and powerful to you. There will likely be millions of players with no connection whatsoever to Geralt from the previous games, nor Geralt/Triss/Yennefer from the books. Holding onto an image is fine. Claiming that your image must persist into everyone else's image is arrogance.
Well, yeah. That's why I specifically wrote "to me" in my post.

Arrogance is an exciting word. It certainly applies to me in many cases. I'm not sure this is one of them. Millions of players with no connection to the characters from the books have no image of them in mind. Until I am convinced that my image of these characters is flawed (which could be the case), I don't see how I am arrogant in thinking that character X is likely to do this and is unlikely to do that based on the books, or arrogant by saying this to a new player. Maybe wrong. Not arrogant. And I'm waiting to be proven wrong.

Again, based on what you know of them. Also, Ad absurdum.
Yes. And I am still waiting to be educated otherwise. I'm not saying my judgment of the characters is infallible. But I've yet to see a strong opposing judgment. So far it's been "things can happen". For ease of reference, this was my quote, minus the ad absurdum:
EliHarel said:
There's a range of convincing development, and the area beyond it is ludicrous. I don't know what that line is, but to me a threesome between these characters is in that ludicrous field, based on what I know of them.

We have a character (Geralt) who had a strong love with a woman (Yen), who then was forced to forget her and then carried on living and forged a new, strong love for a different woman (Triss).

We have a woman (Yen) who was forced to forget her strong love for a man (Geralt), who continued on living (though we don't know in what ways yet) and now remembers him.

Regardless of any previous relationship between the two woman, it remains well within the realm of possibility that if they both actually love him, and he actually loves them both, then they would try to work something out. The return of memory isn't going suddenly invalidate the experiences, emotions, and attachments Geralt has built. That's not how love works.

And maybe either Yennifer or Triss wouldn't be able to handle that. That's a very real possibility, but it's also just as real of a possibility that so long as neither woman was trying to /own/ him, that they'd work to try to figure out a way to maintain all of those loving relationships.
I get what you're saying. I think. But to me it remains in a very general, theoretical level, without at all touching the actual characters in question and what we know of them. Correct me if I'm wrong, this post of yours comes down to "things can happen and people change". But I don't see how this specific thing, a threesome, can happen to these specific characters, Geralt, Yen and Triss, based on what we know about them, and how these specific characters might change in this direction. If these were an RPG about characters with a relatively sparse history, if at all, then I will agree that the general idea of a threesome isn't weird. When we're talking about specific characters, I still fail to see how this course of development is in line of what we know about them from thousands of pages.

I accept the fact that people change. But I still maintain that there are changes you can somehow see happening, and changes that are out of the blue. I've yet to see traits of Yen, Triss and Geralt brought up to argue that it's not unreasonable for them to consider this relationship. Since they're established characters, the points need to be made about them, specifically, and not people in general.

Does that require a threesome? Nope. Not in the least.
Does that seem like a way that a video game would try to portray that to a wide audience in a limited amount of time? Yes, it really does.
Does that make even more sense in a love/lust-filled setting like the Witcher, and in a Witcher game especially? Yes.
Sorry, I didn't understand 2 and 3.

Remember for that people who haven't read the books, who have only played the games, this is the 'canon' at the start of TW3. To have you romance someone for two games, develop a strong relationship with her, and then bring back a book character in the third game and say 'Sorry, that wasn't actually your true love, this is'. is really rough.
No problem there. I'm not arguing that there shouldn't be an option to choose Triss.

To then tell the player that they need to either choose between the person they built this relationship up with, or someone who is central to their character's 'book canon' history without the option to try to solve the problem more organically is the position that I would consider 'ludicrous', and a huge (nopunintended) dick move.
I don't understand why. This game is riddled with choices. Some of them very hard. This, maybe, one of the hardest - so why should there be an "everyone's happy" solution here, especially when it has yet to be established (in this discussion) how Triss and Yen, existing characters, would agree to this? Decisions have consequences. Some of these consequences aren't easy to digest. Usually these consequences lock out other paths. I don't see why the romance aspect should receive a free pass in contrast to all the others, especially when it's yet to be explained how it makes sense to these specific characters.

Telling someone in TW to choose between two things isn't a dick move. It's... TW. Telling someone to choose between two things which he has an emotional attachment to isn't a dick move, it's what makes the choice actually weighty, unlike so many other games (well, maybe that is a dick move, but I think most fans won't want to give up on that dick. Move.). If you don't lose anything, then the game isn't about choices and consequences anymore. Telling someone that they can have it all is clearly not characteristic of this franchise, in any way, in any aspect. Love included. Books as well as games. This part of your post really baffles me Vixraine. To me it reads like "it's not fair to force the player to make difficult decisions about things and characters he cares about". But this is a major part of the series. To me. There, it's even in bold this time around. But I'll make a guess that this is something the franchise is famous for even outside Eli's world.

If a player feels the decision is difficult... then that's fucking fantastic! The game did well! This conflict is terrific. It's what makes choices matter. You add that not giving the option to solve it organically is a dick move. Well, "organically" is a word that's a bit beyond me. I don't understand what it means here. I'm guessing it has to do with what you wrote earlier about how people can change and develop, but, again, I still don't see a post explaining how these specific people can change and develop in this specific direction when there's much to suggest in the books that it's unlikely.

I'll add that I feel a threesome, from a story perspective, is just kinda boring because it's an "everyone's happy" solution. The characters have it all. I find it a bit out of place in this franchise (and even more with, again, the specific characters involved).

Last edited:
It's going to be a contest guys.
They do it and then ask him who is better. And in this case every answer is the wrong answer :p

No but seriously, CDPR did that on purpose. They are seriously trolling us here. I bet they are reading this thread and laughing their asses of.

No but seriously, CDPR did that on purpose. They are seriously trolling us here. I bet they are reading this thread and laughing their asses of.

Yeah .... they definatly do... fricking teasing awesome developers ... aren' t they?

Besides..... trial by sexcombat everyone?

Last edited:

Amnesia isn't your wild card to explain everything.

From the start you are playing an already created role. Just because he had amnesia, doesn't mean you can start a bakery now, because you know, it's possible. No, it's not, the game doesn't allow it and i am pretty sure Geralt wouldn't like it either.

An amnesia is a neat game element to introduce a player into a new universe and explain him how to play the game, while still making sense within the game. Imaging Geralt didn't have amnesia, why would he need to "learn" how to fight again? He is what? 70-80 years old and fought for atleast 60, if anybody needs to learn how to fight, it is anybody but him.

That's exactly the problem CDPR had now with Witcher 3, because Geralt now remembers everything about fighting, monsters and so on, but how do you explain that to a player with absolutely no prior knowledge?

The tutorial of Witcher 3 is a good example for that, instead telling you (the player and Geralt) how to fight, you (Geralt) are telling Ciri how to fight, while you (player) can learn it simultaneously.

Most other RPGs have a blank character, you give that new character his life by creating it with your preferences and decisions.

Amnesia isn't your wild card to explain everything.

From the start you are playing an already created role. Just because he had amnesia, doesn't mean you can start a bakery now, because you know, it's possible. No, it's not, the game doesn't allow it and i am pretty sure Geralt wouldn't like it either.

An amnesia is a neat game element to introduce a player into a new universe and explain him how to play the game, while still making sense within the game. Imaging Geralt didn't have amnesia, why would he need to "learn" how to fight again? He is what? 70-80 years old and fought for atleast 60, if anybody needs to learn how to fight, it is anybody but him.

That's exactly the problem CDPR had now with Witcher 3, because Geralt now remembers everything about fighting, monsters and so on, but how do you explain that to a player with absolutely no prior knowledge?

The tutorial of Witcher 3 is a good example for that, instead telling you (the player and Geralt) how to fight, you (Geralt) are telling Ciri how to fight, while you (player) can learn it simultaneously.

Most other RPGs have a blank character, you give that new character his life by creating it with your preferences and decisions.

Remembering isn't the same as character. Just because you remember doesn't mean you now have the same preferences.
To state this clear, I really like your opinion and post overall. Just for me, I draw a little bit of another conclusion from it:

Maybe Geralt do now remember, but this doesn't mean he has to be the Geralt in his memories. And that's great, because from this you can make an RPG with choices etc.
You can either play him like he was or change him a bit or change him a lot - and for this set up, amnesia is just "perfect".
This enables the possibility to make it reasonable to choose Triss, but also reasonable to choose Yen or another woman or no woman at all ...

And goes further on, not only in case of women choice but every other decision.

Without amnesia Geralt should always do what Geralt from the books would, making the game more linear ... and nobody wants a linear RPG.

Some people here seem to hang on too much on the Geralt of the books. The Geralt I played in Witcher 1 and 2 was a slut and had sex with any humanoid female available and at the same time romanced Triss. I am projecting my own "slutty" personality into Geralt afterall and it´s a lot of fun! ;)
So the previous games gave us that opportunity to act like that and I am quite sure Witcher 3 will have these opportunities too. If you are not into that just let your Geralt behave differently and you don´t need to worry about Geralt doing stuff you don´t like and you certainly don´t need to decide what other people´s Geralt does.

Btw concerning the threesome my Geralt would surely go for it instantly. No matter the consequences, which I assume could be somewhat negative for Geralt, since if not it might be too good to be true. ;P

Without amnesia Geralt should always do what Geralt from the books would, making the game more linear ... and nobody wants a linear RPG.

Not necessary, as we have seen in the trailer, you are a witcher, so your role is already defined by that (you are a professional monster slayer and so on), but how you act and react is your decision, yet it is still valid within the lore.

You can talk your way out or just kill those peasants, who were brave enough to seek a fight with you. Both decisions make sense and are perfectly fine with his character. Recovering his memories are just narrowing down what you can do and what you can't, e.g. you won't be able to just slay civilians, because Geralt wouldn't do that, doesn't matter what you want.

In my opinion just the amnesia isn't enough to explain just everything and i hope other characters don't accept it as well. If someone wants to deepen the relationship with Triss, i want to see how Yennefer reacts to it and vice versa. If they just accept it, it would be just boring.

As mentioned in this thread somewhere, maybe it isn't even up to you to decide. Triss and Yennefer have their own personality and maybe they act on their own than rather wait for your decision, THAT would be quite interesting.

@Frosty1979
Well, it's not like Geralt didn't have sex with other women in the books... :)

Some people here seem to hang on too much on the Geralt of the books. The Geralt I played in Witcher 1 and 2 was a slut and had sex with any humanoid female available and at the same time romanced Triss. I am projecting my own "slutty" personality into Geralt afterall and it´s a lot of fun! ;)
So the previous games gave us that opportunity to act like that and I am quite sure Witcher 3 will have these opportunities too. If you are not into that just let your Geralt behave differently and you don´t need to worry about Geralt doing stuff you don´t like and you certainly don´t need to decide what other people´s Geralt does.

Btw concerning the threesome my Geralt would surely go for it instantly. No matter the consequences, which I assume could be somewhat negative for Geralt, since if not it might be too good to be true. ;P

The book Geralt was a womanizer too.

Not necessary, as we have seen in the trailer, you are a witcher, so your role is already defined by that (you are a professional monster slayer and so on), but how you act and react is your decision, yet it is still valid within the lore.

You can talk your way out or just kill those peasants, who were brave enough to seek a fight with you. Both decisions make sense and are perfectly fine with his character. Recovering his memories are just narrowing down what you can do and what you can't, e.g. you won't be able to just slay civilians, because Geralt wouldn't do that, doesn't matter what you want.

In my opinion just the amnesia isn't enough to explain just everything and i hope other characters don't accept it as well. If someone wants to deepen the relationship with Triss, i want to see how Yennefer reacts to it and vice versa. If they just accept it, it would be just boring.

As mentioned in this thread somewhere, maybe it isn't even up to you to decide. Triss and Yennefer have their own personality and maybe they act on their own than rather wait for your decision, THAT would be quite interesting.

@Frosty1979
Well, it's not like Geralt didn't have sex with other women in the books... :)

I think we're on quite the same track here ;)

I think the amnesia narrows it down to what Geralt wants to find out ... for example about Ciri etc., but that does not mean at all that he would still love Ciri that much as he did before ... That must be chosen by the player. And I think that's the point we both are talking about, just from another perspective.

There should definitly be sense and compability with lore (nice idea of Triss/Yen deciding and not Geralt, really damn like this, hopefully in the game ^^)
But I think amnesia enables more possibility for different choices.

Choosing Triss without amnesia would be quite impossible, but now it is.

To put it in a nutshell, I think we both just want an explanation from the other characters and reasonable actions and replys etc. when choosing the one or other way with our individual Geralt.
And I kinda think CDPR knows that and did have this in mind while developing W3

Personally I don't think that Geralt, Yen, or Triss would have a threesome. To me it seems like both sorceresses want Geralt to themselves and wouldn't be willing to share him. A few things to me in the "threesome scene" also seem off such as: the cuffs, the woman on the right (presumably Triss) lacking her amulet (not that significant but just caught my eye), and based off their motions I assume both women are going to start kissing. It just doesn't seem like them and I would think it would be uncomfortable and awkward more than anything based off of their past regarding Geralt.

I have a theory and I would like to hear what people think. Let's say the threesome scene is from a playthrough in which Geralt hasn't decided who he wants to be with (assuming he is maintaining a relationship with both women) and can't decide. Geralt talks to Dandelion about this and Dandelion like the wise bard he is suggests they go to a brothel. If Geralt accepts it is here where he interprets two prostitutes to be Yen and Triss. In The Last Wish this happened for Iola where Geralt saw her as Yen. The point of this is to spur Geralt into deciding his feelings and what he (the player) should do.

While this is far from a perfect theory I thought it might seem reasonable and be more inline with the characters we know and how we have interpreted them so far.

In the Last Wish there is a short story "The Witcher" where he butchers a patron of a bar under nearly identical circumstances.

Also his attitude to neutrality and even being a witcher at all changed through the books. Almost any direction is plausible and 'within the lore' from paragon to sadistic butcher. I know how I prefer to play, but it is I know only one of the possibilities.

To put it in a nutshell, I think we both just want an explanation from the other characters and reasonable actions and replys etc. when choosing the one or other way with our individual Geralt.
And I kinda think CDPR knows that and did have this in mind while developing W3

Yup and nobody would argue that what happened in Witcher 1 & 2 is out of his character, even waking up in a bed with Triss is rather likely than unlikely in this situation, it's just the next step that is arguable ;)

Also his attitude to neutrality and even being a witcher at all changed through the books. Almost any direction is plausible and 'within the lore' from paragon to sadistic butcher. I know how I prefer to play, but it is I know only one of the possibilities.

Yeah and that's really good. Being "bad" isn't bad as in most games, where you can either be a hero or an asshole, in the Witcher you are neither or both. But there will be still things you won't be able to do, because it would be out of his character. Not just my words, i read that in some of those dozens interviews.

I have a theory and I would like to hear what people think. Let's say the threesome scene is from a playthrough in which Geralt hasn't decided who he wants to be with (assuming he is maintaining a relationship with both women) and can't decide. Geralt talks to Dandelion about this and Dandelion like the wise bard he is suggests they go to a brothel. If Geralt accepts it is here where he interprets two prostitutes to be Yen and Triss. In The Last Wish this happened for Iola where Geralt saw her as Yen. The point of this is to spur Geralt into deciding his feelings and what he (the player) should do.

Maybe it is just a dream sequence, showing how he struggles with his decision, why decide, if you can have both?

Some people here seem to hang on too much on the Geralt of the books. The Geralt I played in Witcher 1 and 2 was a slut and had sex with any humanoid female available and at the same time romanced Triss.

As someone who hangs on to Geralt from the books, I think it is more than appropriate to play him true to character. I also don't begrudge you to play Geralt in your way. To the question at hand however, the characters Yennefer and Triss would not sleep together. For Exhibit A I give you this from The Swallow's Tower:

A movement at the window. And a troubled voice. ‘Who? Who's there?’

‘I'm here, Triss.’

‘Yennefer! That you? Gods! How did... Where are you?’

‘It does not matter where I am. Do not block the image, because the picture varies. And take away that candle, its blinding.’

‘Right. Of course.’

Although it was late at night, Triss Merigold was wearing neither lingerie nor her work clothes. She wore a dress for going out. As usual, high collared and closed.

‘Can we talk freely?’

‘Of course.’

‘You're alone?’

‘Yes.’

‘You're lying.’

‘Yennefer...’

‘You are deceiving me, brat. I know your face; I know you too well. It’s the same look you had when you started sleeping with Geralt behind my back. Back then you put on the same sheepish, innocent mask that I see on your face now. And it means the same thing now that it meant back then!’

Triss was red. Philippa Eilhart appeared in the window next to her, dressed in a dark blue men’s jerkin. ‘Bravo,’ she said. ‘As usual, quick. As usual, perceptive. As usual, hard to grasp and understand. I am glad to see you in health, Yennefer. I am happy that your crazy teleportation from Montecalvo did not end in tragedy.’

‘Let's assume that you really are happy.’ Yennefer pouted. ‘Although that is a very bold assumption. But never mind that, who betrayed me?’

Philippa shrugged her shoulders. ‘Does it matter? For four days now you’ve been in contact with traitors. To such as them, venality and treachery are second nature. And to those that you have blackmailed to betrayal. One of them has betrayed you. The normal course of events. Don't tell me you didn't expect it.’

‘Of course I expected it,’ snapped Yennefer. ‘The best proof of that is that I've contacted you. I did not have to.’

‘You did not have to. This means that you have an agenda.’

‘Bravo. As usual, quick. As usual, perceptive. I have contacted you to assure you that the secret of your Lodge is safe with me. I will not tell on you.’

Philippa stared at her from under lowered eyelids. ‘If you believe,’ she said finally, ‘that you've won peace, time, or security with this declaration, then you've miscalculated. Make no mistake about it, Yennefer. When you fled from Montecalvo, you made your decision. You chose to stand on a different side of the barricade. If you are not with the Lodge, you are against the Lodge. Now you're trying to forestall us from finding Ciri, and the motives that guide you are opposed to ours. You act against us. You do not want to allow us to use Ciri for our political purposes. You should know that we will also do everything in our power to make sure that you cannot use the girl for your sentimental purposes.’

‘So its war?’

‘Competition.’ Philippa smiled toxically. ‘Competition only, Yennefer.’

‘Decent and honourable?’

‘You must be joking.’

‘Obviously. Though on at least one specific issue, I would like have an honest and genuine conversation. And incidentally it involves a favour to me.’

‘Speak.’

‘Over the next few days, maybe even tomorrow, events will occur whose consequences I cannot foresee. It may happen that our competition and rivalry suddenly has no meaning. For the simple reason that one of the competitors will not be there anymore.’

Philippa Eilhart narrowed her blue shaded eyes. ‘I understand.’

‘Ensure that I posthumously gain back my reputation and good name. I will no longer be held for a traitor or an accomplice of Vilgefortz. I ask this of the Lodge. I ask this of you personally.’

Philippa was silent for a moment.‘I deny your request,’ she said finally. ‘I'm sorry, but your exoneration is not in the interest of the Lodge. If you die, you die a traitor. You'll be a traitor and criminal to Ciri, because then it will be easier to manipulate the girl.’

‘Before you do something that could be fatal,’ Triss said suddenly, ‘leave something behind for us...’

‘A will?’

‘Something that allows us to... continue. To find Ciri. Because we are primarily concerned for her health! For her life! Yennefer, Dijkstra has found some traces of... some traces of certain activities have been found. If Vilgefortz does have Ciri, then the girl faces a horrible death.’

‘Be quiet, Triss,’ Philippa Eilhart hissed sharply. ‘We are not trading or bargaining.’

‘I will leave you the information’, Yennefer said slowly. ‘I'll leave you the information on what I've found and what I plan. I’ll leave a trail you can follow to her. But not in vain. If you will not facilitate my exoneration in the eyes of the world, then to hell with you and with the world. But at least grant me exoneration in the eyes of the witcher.’

‘No,’ Philippa denied the request almost instantly. ‘That is also not in the interest of the Lodge. You will also remain a traitor and a mercenary sorceress to your witcher. It is not in the interest of the Lodge for him to furiously attempt to avenge you. If he despises you, he will not attempt to take revenge. By the way, he's probably already dead or will die any day now.’

‘The information’ Yennefer said dully, ‘for his life. Save him, Philippa.’

‘No, Yennefer.’

‘Because it's not in the interest of the Lodge.’ A purple fire kindled in the sorceress’ eyes. ‘Did you hear that Triss? There, you have your Lodge. You see their true colours, their true interests. And what do you think of them? You were a mentor to the girl, almost – as you put it – a big sister. And Geralt...’

‘Do not attack Triss’ relationships, Yennefer.’ Philippa retaliated with her own fire in her eyes. ‘We will find and rescue the girl without your help. And if you succeed, that's fine, a thousand thanks, because you will have saved us the trouble. You tear the girl out of the hands of Vilgefortz and we will be happy. And Geralt? Who cares about Geralt?’

‘Did you hear that, Triss?’

‘Forgive me,’ said Triss Merigold dully. ‘Forgive me, Yennefer.’

‘Oh no, Triss. Never.’

And now for Exhibit B from The Lady of the Lake:

'You're not going to meet a loved one, Triss,' Yennefer continued. 'I am not so noble or stupid enough to give you the opportunity, or him the temptation. But just for today. I could not deny myself the sweet satisfaction. He knows what role you play as a member of the Lodge. He will thank you for that with his famous look. And I'll be looking at your quivering lips and trembling hands, I will listen to your lame apologies and excuses. And you know what, Triss? I will faint with delight.'

'I knew,' Triss grunted. 'That you would not forget, that you would take your revenge. I agreed to this, because I was actually at fault. But one thing I must tell you, Yennefer. Do not count too much on fainting. He knows how to forgive.'

'He knows what was done to him, of course,' Yennefer narrowed her eyes. 'But he will never forgive you for what was done to Ciri. And me.'

'It is possible,' Triss swallowed. 'He may not forgive. Especially if you insist. But he won't fly into a rage. He won't lower himself like that.'

Yennefer flicked her horse with her whip in anger. The animal whinnied and leapt and the sorceress swayed in her saddle. 'Enough talk,' she snapped. 'more humility, you smug viper! He is my man, mine and only mine! Do you understand? You have to stop talking about him, to stop thinking about him, you have to stop admiring his noble character... As of right now, right now! Oh I want to grab you by your matted red hair...'

'Try it!' screamed Triss. 'Just try it, you vindictive bitch and I'll scratch out your eyes!' I...'

The both fell silent when they saw the cloud of dust as Ciri galloped back towards them.

Those two women are supposed to be characters who would agree to a threesome? I think not. And CDPR has explcitly said that the games take place after these events have already occurred. Choices must have consequences ... and we will have to choose. It will be glorious, but it will be a choice. With these two women, you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
@Rawls

Might be so, but keep in mind (as i do) several years passed by those events you put in the spoilers.
Also all characters a gone further from those "circumstances" ... but yes thats the whole picture.

And at this time, we can' t predict how Yennefer or Triss character is in TW3, well not to 100%
because since TW2 several months passed... and heavy changes happend.

I still stand for: waiting how things will go on, only 1 thing is for sure... this ll be entertaining as fuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom