Which difficulty level will you choose?

• Total voters
Which difficulty level will you choose?

If we assume the choices are:
  • Easy for inexperienced players.
  • Normal for mid-advanced players.
  • Hard for very experienced players.
  • Dark for the most extreme difficulty.
  • Insane like Dark but you will only have one life, no save after death.

Last edited:
First playthrough always Normal, especially for a game with so many variables(open-world+RPG). Too much potential room to fuck up on other difficulties at release than the 'intended' so I never take the chance.

Last edited:
Normal difficulty on the first playthrough since I play it mainly for the story. Higher difficulties later for the challenge. :)

Hard /Dark, whatever is the hardest difficulty without the one-life-rule. Mostly because on the lower difficulties there's usually not a whole lot of use for all of the tools, like bombs, potions and what have you.
Insane difficulty would certainly be something, but I'm sure there'll be a sequence as downright vile as the start of the Eternal Battle, so I'll avoid it at first.

I might try it on hard at first. But If I'm a few hours in and still getting bitch slapped by drowners, I'll drop it to medium. I was one of the few who liked how hard vanilla TW2 started out. I had to understand game systems and tactics right away, and I felt more engaged as a result.

Dark (or the highest without the permadeath penalty).

Now, it depends if the combat clicks with me or not. I think it will, since I enjoy responsive systems. But if for some reason it feels clunky, I'll change to normal or easy difficulty and just play for the story.

No one voted easy. (edit: it's actually pretty balanced right now between Normal, Hard and Dark)

:cheers: hahaha

I'll play the first time on Dark difficulty, I remember when I played the witcher 2 for the first time... I couldn't understand why I was so bad, and was dying even on easy a lot of times. I DIED A LOT of times!! But that also made me an amazing Geralt and, made me really careful with my preparations and decisions, I analysed how to use all the bombs, and really kept me on the edge while playing trying to do the best I could, and that's just an awesome fucking game!.. When you look back and see how muck you improved is awesome.

Last edited:
hard, I've noticed that all of the games that have come out recently have been easy as hell, and after playing the souls series, I just can't handle the casual difficulties anymore, they make me bored and lose interest, game starts looking like a chore

Probably normal, because easy usually takes away lots of game mechanics. In the Witcher 2, human opponents don't use their shield on easy difficulty, and bombs were nearly useless.

Keep in mind that difficulty in The Witcher 3 allegedly improves monster AI and tactics instead of giving them more health and damage. Just something to think about.

Top Bottom