Is it time to go dark?

+
Is it time to go dark?

It's approximately one month until the release and i am thinking to go dark.

It seems that with each day we will get more and more news and footage.For example,IGN and gamespot will be posting videos about EVERYTHING in the game,the youtubers will be streaming loads of stuff next week,and generally every gaming site will have something to share.Also,CDPR themselves will most likely upload new trailers etc.

So,i fear that if i keep up with all this new footage,i will severely spoiled.I am not talking about the story,although there is a chance that some plot point will be spoiled,especially little ones.(for example the latest trailer had yen/triss interaction,which was spoilerish).I am talking about the general feel of the game.

On the other hand,i believe that there is some great stuff coming up,which i actually believe that it will be interesting and useful.For example,when will we get this forums Q&A?It seems quite interesting...

So,should i completely go dark until the release or not?
What you are going to do?

You just have to be careful what you read... So far I haven't managed to spoil it too much for myself reading this forum... Just got to be careful and stop reading something that feels it is going to spoil to be on the safe side :D

I mean that's a personal preference thing for you. Spoilers don't bother me generally so long as they aren't choice and consequence related (I would like my choices to be unadulterated by prior knowledge of their long term effects) or main story related. Anything that can be discovered in the prologue is also pretty harmless in my opinion. I don't think there will be major story effects until we are released into the main game. Therefore, I won't be going fully dark until 5/19/2015 and will return upon completing the first play through.

I have enough info as it is, to be honest...
But I would like that some of these YT guys share their impressions on witcher senses, though...

dark? I'm gonna go brighter than a nuclear bomb. Short videos and interviews can't spoil too much of the game. I think. I hope...

It's approximately one month until the release and i am thinking to go dark.

It seems that with each day we will get more and more news and footage.For example,IGN and gamespot will be posting videos about EVERYTHING in the game,the youtubers will be streaming loads of stuff next week,and generally every gaming site will have something to share.Also,CDPR themselves will most likely upload new trailers etc.

So,i fear that if i keep up with all this new footage,i will severely spoiled.I am not talking about the story,although there is a chance that some plot point will be spoiled,especially little ones.(for example the latest trailer had yen/triss interaction,which was spoilerish).I am talking about the general feel of the game.

On the other hand,i believe that there is some great stuff coming up,which i actually believe that it will be interesting and useful.For example,when will we get this forums Q&A?It seems quite interesting...

So,should i completely go dark until the release or not?
What you are going to do?

Yes if you don't want anymore of the game spoiled for you it's time to go in the dark.

Today I almost read the achievements for The Witcher 3. I was like, what the fuck are you doing. So I'm going to go dark end of this week. Not completely dark of course. But shit like IGN's first 15 minutes, that shit is not cool. After the last trailer we got, there is no real need for more marketing material. From this point on, it's just obsession.

Yes, keep Witcher 3 in the news. Keep awareness high. The Witcher 3 will have a good opening start. I hope you Witcher fans are all over spreading Witcher awareness.

But I need to take a break, go dark in other words. The calm before the storm.

I do not mind spoilers at all, for example I actually want to know the the Witcher 3's endings before I play it.
To me the journey is important and not the destination, and the way a game or a movie makes me feel each moment is important to me.
When I am watching a movie alone, I always fast forward and watch the end of the movie before watching the whole thing. This way I get a better feel of wether the movie accomplishes what is sets out to accomplish.
I know I am weird and different, but I thought I'd share it :)

Well...I already did not watch first 15 minutes of game to not spoil anything from main story...and also I am not looking towards coming promotional material except qa with Damien...can´t wait for that one.

Time to go dark? But tomorrow, we were going to post all the dialog trees in the game in their entirety to help you plan your dialog choices in game*. Well, if you're going dark, I guess there is no point in doing that now.
*No we weren't. What are we, crazy?
lol... No what you should do is post IG video of all the endings haha

Top Bottom