[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+
The face of all Witcher fans after being indecently exposed to the IGN dub step video.

Only the beard? Sure that does it not lock the beard if you only change your hairstyle?

*Why Am I more excited the more the May 19th is closer?

Toxicity changing face sounds great, I loved it in Star Wars Kotor (although that wasnt toxicity :D), it really is amazing, but maybe they shouldnt say it before the release, those small details we should see when we start playing the game, I think there are too many details being discovered before May 19th I dont like it very much. I mean gameplay trailers were great, we need to see it before buying the game, but I want to discover most of the other things.

The only question I have about the toxicity effects on Geralt is this: Will the effects disappear just as fast as the toxicity goes down? It went down pretty damn fast in the Wyvern fight.

---------- Updated at 08:05 PM ----------

in early interview (i do not remember which) i remember that RED said there will not be any differences when drinking a potion. But now RED, you just made me happy.

The only thing they could do to top this is monster climbing, I know they will never do it.
But damn it, it would be so awesome.

The face of all Witcher fans after being indecently exposed to the IGN dub step video.

Damn... Gamestar said that ultra will greatly improve textures and model..It must be... it's too good... If that is not Ultra... Just imagine ! Unbelievable

The only thing they could do to top this is monster climbing, I know they will never do it.

You mean like Dragon's Dogma and Shadow of the Colossus? Well, the Kayran boss fight in The Witcher 2 did have a bit of that. It would be pretty cool to see that sort of mechanic fleshed out a bit more. I hope there are some very large monsters to fight in The Witcher 3.

Damn... Gamestar said that ultra will greatly improve textures and model..It must be... it's too good... If that is not Ultra... Just imagine ! Unbelievable

This does look amazing. I'm so happy we will see the toxicity effects of the potions taking their toll on Geralt. This makes you realize their seriousness and the price Geralt must pay to use them.

I also have to say that the forest in the background looks incredible. I've never seen such detailed, natural-looking forests in a game before. I'm a nature lover and the organic appearance of the environments in The Witcher 3 impresses me so much. I simply can't wait to explore this world.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-14-19-39-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-14-19-39-00.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 77

This is just...give me a moment...

This is the Geralt I wanted to see. The mutant. The outcast. The freak. This single image got me as stoked for the game as anything, and it's because their vision is so well directed. It's thoroughly in sync with the past games. No absurd right turns into new territory just for the hell of it, but a consistent and grounded aesthetic.

Last edited:
So, I suppose the explanation, now, why Geralt's scars have never completely healed is due to the potions he uses? Or is there some other reason I'm overlooking? Aside from the fact he's always getting fresh ones.

What do you mean by monster climbing. We know that Geralt can't climb like AC. So i am not worried about this kind of escape method that can kill impression and would be easy to play because monsters can't climb too. But if you mean jump and grab climbing method, imagine a big moster jumps and grabs clif after Geralt. It sounds funny. I think moster climbing will be funny in this game.

What do you mean by monster climbing. We know that Geralt can't climb like AC. So i am not worried about this kind of escape method that can kill impression and would be easy to play because monsters can't climb too. But if you mean jump and grab climbing method, imagine a big moster jumps and grabs clif after Geralt. It sounds funny. I think moster climbing will be funny in this game.
Only Once loves Dragon's Dogma. He meant climbing monsters.

lol.. it's all good, TW3 makes Dragon's Dogma look like dogshit.
After watching that new Witcher trailer, I'm just going to start calling it Dragon's Dogshit.
Yes, shitty lastgen graphics aside, I really did enjoy that game a lot when it came out.
Monster climbing = some good times indeed ;)

You assume his old scars all heal. I can say that they don't and you'll see proof when you play the game.

But I have said too much,

But now that we are on the subject, Geralt´s scars arent the most realistic ones. Because most scars, even the big ones become white pretty quickly when new, more raw skin grows into it (firsthand experience here).
No way the scar Geralt has going over his eye would stay that red and fresh looking so long unless the person wearing it regularly keeps it open with a knife and lets it fester.

Pretty funny to actually picture Geralt secretly keeping his facial marks fresh so he could keep his cool and intimidating appearance for everyone else:huh:

lol.. it's all good, TW3 makes Dragon's Dogma look like dogshit.
After watching that new Witcher trailer, I'm just going to start calling it Dragon's Dogshit.
Yes, shitty lastgen graphics aside, I really did enjoy that game a lot when it came out.
Monster climbing = some good times indeed ;)

Hmmmm... OK. But can you send me video link about dragon dogma moster climbing. I searched in youtube but cant find anythink about it. I really want to watch it in action. Because cant imagine how it looks. May be i will lke it too.

Hmmmm... OK. But can you send me video link about dragon dogma moster climbing. I searched in youtube but cant find anythink about it. I really want to watch it in action. Because cant imagine how it looks. May be i will lke it too.
Really? Try again.. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen Gameplay ;)

The interesting question is if the world's NPCs will react differently to Geralt when he looks like that? I know they already see him as a freak when the know he's a witcher but it could be awesome if there was a even stronger reaction when walking into town and he looks "sick" by the toxicity from the potions.

Top Bottom