Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
“Geralt's face actually changes the higher his toxicity is,” CD Projekt’s lead quest designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz tells us. “As you know, Witcher elixirs are highly toxic, and could kill a human if he/she drank one. Witchers are more resistant to this toxin, but it does influence them. In game you have this ‘toxicity bar,’ which shows you how intoxicated Geralt is.”

The potions take a toll on Geralt, and you won’t need a bar on the user interface to monitor how he’s doing. “The higher the toxicity bar, the more those toxic changes show on Geralt’s face,” Tomaszkiewicz says. “His face becomes unnaturally pale, his veins become visible and seem to be black, dark circles appear under his eyes, etc.”

OMG I WILL NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT GERALTS FACE COLOR AGAIN,
THANK you CDPR for making this one BIG WISH of mine FINALLY come true !!!!
Geralts face changes with rising toxicity. HOLY COW THAT IS AWESOME.

Think I can die happy now......................................
Give me some minutes I need to drown myslef in the awesomeness of those news..................

:yes: :victory: :hatsoff:

No chance. It's too big:)

Marcin, I am purposefully quoting you here. Please tell all the guys responsible for the face toxicity effects A THOUSAND THANKS, THAT IS AMAZING. It's a very small detail but this just BLEW ME AWAY. I wanted this for SO long..... I'm happy and I love what they are doing. Please guys, NEVER loose the attention to the little things, because that is one of the things that makes your games and you as a developer so great IMO.

Last edited:
There is a list of participants of the witcher's event for youtubers on reddit. They go to Warsaw in this week to play the game, so there will be plenty of interesting informations on theirs youtube channels about the game.

"Jovem Nerd" is one of the biggest Brazilian youtubers. They make stuff about nerd culture like movies, series and games :D
"Coisa de Nerd" is similar

Very nice they have Brazilian Youtubers on the list!

Guest 3782876

"Jovem Nerd" is one of the biggest Brazilian youtubers. They make stuff about nerd culture like movies, series and games :D
"Coisa de Nerd" is similar

Very nice they have Brazilian Youtubers on the list!

Azaghal will like this game. No Russian, Portuguese is my only hope ;-;

Maybe you could invite ChristopherOdd instead then, since you have a free slot now? He made extremely nice Witcher letsplays, and he is really hyped for TW3, judging from some of his latest videos. And he is in general a very cool guy.

The event begins tomorrow (well, that is the day that people fly in from around the world), so there just isn't time to invite anyone else.

@Marcin Momot Will they be able to record their footage on ultra?

It will be a mixture of high and ultra. Kinda like all of our footage. As far as the part they will be playing, it will be from the beginning of the game. However they will get to spend lots of time with the game so the footage released on their channels will be really diversified:)

---------- Zaktualizowano 08:41 ----------

OMG I WILL NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT GERALTS FACE COLOR AGAIN,
THANK you CDPR for making this one BIG WISH of mine FINALLY come true !!!!
Geralts face changes with rising toxicity. HOLY COW THAT IS AWESOME.

Think I can die happy now......................................
Give me some minutes I need to drown myslef in the awesomeness of those news..................

:yes: :victory: :hatsoff:

Marcin, I am purposefully quoting you here. Please tell all the guys responsible for the face toxicity effects A THOUSAND THANKS, THAT IS AMAZING. It's a very small detail but this just BLEW ME AWAY. I wanted this for SO long..... I'm happy and I love what they are doing. Please guys, NEVER loose the attention to the little things, because that is one of the things that makes your games and you as a developer so great IMO.

I keep telling you folks our devs read the forums. Plus quite often I pass them your suggestions. We listen to the community:)

Reds.. please tell me there is another way to cycle through the signs without bringing up that freaking wheel every time I'm in combat???
Tap Left bumper maybe to cycle and show little sign icons next to Geralts healthbar, then hold down left bumper for the wheel to pop up?
I saw in that first twitch video for xb1 way back when, the player was going through the signs with out bringing up the wheel at all.
I never ever liked the sign wheel getting in my way during TW2 combat, this might be my only worry now. There has to be a faster and better way then just the sign wheel taking over the screen. It's not that I'll never use it, but if I have to use it in almost every fight, that will break combat flow like it did in TW2 and become very annyoing over time.
The rest of this game looks like great fun! :)

Looks like youre playing on console bro? On pc there were bindings for switching through the signs without bringing that menu up... I see how this could be a problem for console. The wheel didnt bother me at first.. but when I started switching the signs more often it became annoying...

If you go to the barber and choose a specific "beard style", your beard will stay like that. However if you shave the beard, it will grow again like it used to.

that sounds great, really amazing, so we can choose to do whatever we want, thanks very much :D

If you go to the barber and choose a specific "beard style", your beard will stay like that. However if you shave the beard, it will grow again like it used to.

Ah, ok. XD
In that statement it was like "the growing beard will be unlock automatically after downloaded the DLC". It was...unclear.
Thank you for the explanation.

Azaghal will like this game. No Russian, Portuguese is my only hope ;-;

He will certainly like it. it will be nice to hear from them. A pity there won't be any russian youtubers (I don't know any, but it's always nice to hear impressions from someone from your area)

@Marcin Momot , there will be the option to play in other languages or English only? I was hopping to hear more impressions about the Portuguese one

Man, I can't believe you didn't invite ChristopherOdd. I mean, I know you simply cannot invite everyone, but I'm just sad.
This guy is propably the biggest fan of Witcher series of all YouTubers, he is now doing second path lets play of W2 and wants to finish it exactly the night before may 19th.
I'm really sad for him.

Last edited:
He will certainly like it. it will be nice to hear from them. A pity there won't be any russian youtubers (I don't know any, but it's always nice to hear impressions from someone from your area)

@Marcin Momot , there will be the option to play in other languages or English only? I was hopping to hear more impressions about the Portuguese one

Everyone will be able to pick the language they want to play in.

There will be Russian YouTubers. :)

Top Bottom