Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
@Marcin Momot @theta77 about Geralt's face, and east-west sunrise fix, that's amazing news :p If you particularize so much, have you considered making Ciri's hair gray, like they're mentioned in the books and in your dialogs in 35min gameplay? If just Ciri's child's hair becomes gray, it will be worth so much for lore fans. She was "something more" for Geralt and Yennefer and gray hair, as a bridge between white and black, emphasized that fact greatly.

Please :(

Last edited:
@Marcin Momot @theta77 about Geralt's face, and east-west sunrise fix, that's amazing news :p If you particularize so much, have you considered making Ciri's hair gray, like they're mentioned in the books and in your dialogs in 35min gameplay? Even if just child Ciri's hair becomes gray, it will be so much for lore fans. She was "something more" for Geralt and Yennefer and gray hair, as a bridge between white and black, emphasized that fact greatly.

Please :(

The white hair of Ciri is not against the lore, remember that by the end of the book some part of her hair turned white because of old the thingds she endured during her journey. The Witcher 3 is set years after the end of the books and Ciri is chased by the wild hunt since an unspecified time. It's not illogical to consider that her continuous flight might have turned her entire hair white.

Last edited:
The white hair of Ciri is not against the lore, remember that by the end of the book some part of her hair turned white because of old the thingds she endured during her journey. The Witcher 3 is set years after the end of the books and Ciri is chased by the wild hunt since an unspecified time. It's not illogical to consider that her continuous flight might have turned her entire hair white.

That's why I wrote especially about Ciri's child's hair. And in dialogs she is still ashen-haired as an adult, but I can live with that :p

That's why I wrote especially about Ciri's child's hair. And in dialogs she is still ashen-haired as an adult, but I can live with that :p

Ah yes, I misunderstood your post, sorry. Well We haven't see any close-up of Ciri's child's hair so maybe it's a thing. I hope some REDs will answer you. :)

Leaked tutorial footage from hands-on and Ciri's painting in Emhyr's room in last gameplay have shown us that little Cirilla has white hair :)

Last edited:
Leaked.... Huh .... You tell its like a whole video was leaked, not just glimpse from monitor behind someones shoulder.Plus.all that info already was available for everyone since january. :rly?:

Last edited:
Marcin said, that they didn't intend to show us any little glimpse from tutorial, so yes, it's a leak :p

E: @scratcherpen the same for me :D

Last edited:
No need. I preffer to see a video with Geralt in new gears(not kaermorhen and ursine) fight with not wolves and bandits, but with awesome monsters-Ice Giant for example.

Last edited:
It will be a mixture of high and ultra. Kinda like all of our footage. As far as the part they will be playing, it will be from the beginning of the game. However they will get to spend lots of time with the game so the footage released on their channels will be really diversified:)

---------- Zaktualizowano 08:41 ----------

I keep telling you folks our devs read the forums. Plus quite often I pass them your suggestions. We listen to the community:)

We know marcin we know, tell everyone that we love you guys for that, no other developer group has ever listened so much to the fanbase and our silly fanboy demands and nitpicks :p

I don't remember what has been said before so I ask. Is potion drinking closer to W1 or W2? Can we drink during combat and do we have to meditate in order to drink them?

I don't remember what has been said before so I ask. Is potion drinking closer to W1 or W2? Can we drink during combat and do we have to meditate in order to drink them?
I believe IGN will have a section about alchemy soon like they did with Signs, and that GameSpot's preview next week on Monday will also offer clarification.

What we know so far is that it's a mix of both. You still have to prepare beforehand and you can't spontaneously choose mid-battle what potion to use out of a dozen you have available. During your meditation you move to your "potion slots" the potions you want ready. So far it's like TW2. Where it differs is that the effects of the potions don't activate once you finish your meditation, so you don't have to run around like crazy for 10 minutes just so the effects won't go to waste. Instead the potions are "frozen" and you choose when to activate them (again, only those couple you chose). Once activated they don't last long, just around a minute, give or take depending on upgrades, so you'll need to decide what battle deserves them. But you also have several uses of a potion you "equip". In the PAX footage for instance of the royal wyvern hunt, Geralt had 2 uses of Superior Swallow and 2 uses of Superior Thunderbolt.

Then there are the mutagens, which I think there's even less information about them - for simplicity's sake, think of them as more permanent buffs, kinda like "items" (imagine magic rings) which you can switch during meditatio.

Top Bottom