Which Geralt You will be? Good-Bad-Neutral?

+

Which Geralt You will be? Good-Bad-Neutral?

• Good

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 74 74.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seeing RivenII portrait a lot lately I cant help but think of changing it to Nice or Snarky or bit of both

I was taking the good-bad-neutral not so much in how it actually plays out in game/offers but in what I am trying to accomplish. Yeah TW tends to have a lot of gray areas. which is good buying beer or killing them? Depends on context :p

@Dragonbird I totally agree. On of the things that occurred to me about that video is that it seems to be edited to take some of the lines of dialogue out of context. IRL I bet the situation is a lot more complicated then just "Should I buy you beer, or fucking kill you?"

I expect the men confronting Geralt are bounty hunters who are hunting for him and Vessimer. Thus they have a reason to try to remain anonymous by getting them drunk ;) On the flip side, if he kills the bounty hunters the townspeople will probably think Geralt is a monster and will be less likely to co-operate with him in his search for Yennifer. "I'm a Witcher" is the middle option where you still kill the bounty hunters but you aren't responsible for starting the fight.

I agree with the two of you.

Also, I think the OP just expressed himself wrong (either that or he does not know what the Witcher games are like usually), what he should have given you as options would rather be:

Reasonable
Neutral
Cruel

or

Lesser Evil
Evil
Neutral

or even better

Decision
Neutrality

I think what he mainly meant is if you will be harsh and cruel and aggressive in your choices or if you will be mild mannered, or if you are a mix of the both or keep out of the debates where you have an option to.

---------- Updated at 07:14 PM ----------

"Evil is evil, Stregobor. Lesser, greater, middling ,makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition's blurred. If I´m to choose between one evil or another, I´d rather not choose at all"
-Geralt of Rivia, The Last Wish

^^^And this is the path for me.

It's funny.
He TRIES to live by the code (his own code) most of the time, but we all know that there are some instances in which he did choose a side, and we all know how it turned out whenever he chose a side...... It is not for nothing that the Witchers in general and especially Geralt try to force themselves to stay out of such situations despite always running into them. They know no matter how they decide, it will always end in a mess. So sometimes it's better to stay out of it, even if there are situations where they can't bring themselves to do so.

Yes, I agree with the people here saying that sometimes Geralts human side just takes the lead and he can't help but interfere and decide one way or the other, but we also know he TRIES to stay relatively neutral if it is possible, because he knows that it can't end good. Every choice has a consequence and no consequence is simply good or bad, there are always advantages and disadvantages in every path you take....

It's funny.
He TRIES to live by the code (his own code) most of the time, but we all know that there are some instances in which he did choose a side, and we all know how it turned out whenever he chose a side...... It is not for nothing that the Witchers in general and especially Geralt try to force themselves to stay out of such situations despite always running into them. They know no matter how they decide, it will always end in a mess. So sometimes it's better to stay out of it, even if there are situations where they can't bring themselves to do so.

Yes, I agree with the people here saying that sometimes Geralts human side just takes the lead and he can't help but interfere and decide one way or the other, but we also know he TRIES to stay relatively neutral if it is possible, because he knows that it can't end good. Every choice has a consequence and no consequence is simply good or bad, there are always advantages and disadvantages in every path you take....

Wise words, Sensai, Wise words.

One of the most compelling things about The Witcher's storytelling is that it is for the most part never good/bad/neutral so this poll kinda doesn't work.
Imma be a type of Geralt who loves fighting and conflict but also strives to protect the innocent.

Top Bottom