The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
Yes, Remastered edition is something I very much hope will happen for older witcher games. At least for second one.

Xbox version of Witcher 2 was a major challenge for Cd Project to pull off but they learned much from consoles in the progress as they said themselves at the time. And if for example Playstation 4 is so much more closely similar to gaming PC as they say, wouldnt it be considerably easier to port Witcher 2 for that console?

CD project DID say last year the next generation consoles responded very well for the graphical and other challenges of Witcher 3 and redengine3. Much better than Xbox 360 to Witcher 2 and redengine1 when they started to port that game.
So I think the next generation port for Witcher 2 at least could very well be easier to accomplish from Red than we maybe even realise.

And if CD project would make it solely digital game to download from Playstation Store or something it wouldnt actually cost so much time and money from the company. Good pure profit, if they would market the project right.

Last edited:
Of course it would be great to have both remastered for the next gen consoles but I will say that currently playing TW2 on 360....the graphics hold up pretty damn well. Quite the achievement on aged hardware :). So for me personally it would be great to see the original Witcher re-done, even if it's just wishful thinking at this point.

I voted yes and here is why -

Either way I look forward to re making The Witcher 1 and 2 in Red Kit 3.

Love you CD Projekt :D

As admirable as it may sound, it's a waste of time and talent (and lots of capital) better put toward new games.

You'd have to be able to forecast, in well founded and defensible terms, sales that are not only more than the cost of doing the work but also more than the value of new game properties. A handful of members on a forum full of fans does not forecast the hundreds of thousands or millions of sales needed to justify the work.

I want Cyberpunk 2077, not more of the same Witcher games that I've played dozens of times already. And I don't want remakes of those games being a distraction.

I'm not a console gamer (and I have no interest in being one) so I have no interest and besides that I don't really think that this would be a good use of CDPR's time or money.

Even if such a project was worthwhile, I would only see it happening with, maybe, TW1 (what more could they do with TW2?), and only some years down the road when there's a new crop of players out there who wouldn't otherwise be that familiar with it (like with the Baldur's Gate EEs). Perhaps by then there could also be a new crop of developers prepared to tackle it, as well. Right now, though, I'm with those who want CDPR to explore new material.

I don't think remastering is realistic...
But maybe a team of really dedicated and talented modders can recreate Witcher 1 using RedKit...That is possibility.
Besides, there is also Cyberpunk and perhaps a new game set in Witcher world...CDPR has a lot of work to do, as it is ;)

Being both a PC and console player I don't want remastered editions of Witcher games:

1) Waste of money and time, actually software houses are making too much useless remastered editions, mainly because they have no ideas.
2) CDPR has plenty of work to do, W3 is coming and CP2077 is on its way, and they will work on the latter after W3.
3) I don't think that W1 is an old game to the point you can't play it on PC, unless you have a machine dated 44 b.C.
4) W2 came out 3 years ago on console, and you call that old?

:p

New games, not remakes. The only exception here is if TW3 was in such a rough state we needed another enhanced edition.

Yes it would be awesome if the first 2 games were remastered for current gen, but in all honesty after CDPR finishes The Witcher 3 they should focus on Cyberpunk 2077.

will there be any remakes of 1&2 for the ps4

i have never played the witcher games as i am a console gamer. i have never had the time to mess about with pc's. as i just like to plug in and play. i own the ps4 and i want to play 1&2. if there is a demand for a remake would cd project make it happen.

We have no plans for remaking The Witcher 1 or 2 for next generation consoles. Sorry.
thats ok. but is the going to be a very detailed and in depth prolog to the witcher 3. otherwise i wont have a clue what has happend. as i have just jumped at the collectors edtion. the hand painted statue is awsome.

thats ok. but is the going to be a very detailed and in depth prolog to the witcher 3. otherwise i wont have a clue what has happend. as i have just jumped at the collectors edtion. the hand painted statue is awsome.

The game comes with a Compendium that explains everything. For the main game they've said that this story is only loosely connected to the previous games, and the bits you will need to know the game will explain.

Top Bottom