New to RPG games and The Witcher Games

+
New to RPG games and The Witcher Games

Hi there...just a quick question. i have never ever played RPG games in my whole life. only games like CoD, Tomb Rider, Uncharted etc etc and of course never ever played any of the Witcher games.
My question is quite simple, after looking at trailers, youtube, ign etc i have to say The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt just looks simply amazing...Would you guys recommend The Witcher to a person who never played a single RPG game? would somebody, who never ever played any of The Witcher games, get into the whole story and the world of The Witcher series without problems?
Just let me know....thanks guys, Greetings from Berlin-Germany.

Michael

Sure but you'll have to put some effort into learning to play other kinds of games(Witcher in this case) if you want to, but yeah I don't think you'll be overwhelmed by the gameplay aspect in case of 3 or 2. The first game on the other hand is more suited to people who have enough experience with older games, what I refer to as the 'legacy skillset'. So I wouldn't recommend that to people who haven't played enough older games.

Bottom line is, if you haven't played any RPGs/Choice&Consequence games you'll have to slowly work towards that but I know a few friends who never played RPGs and got into Witcher and loved it, they did have to keep their mind open to a 'new' style of game of course, so there's that. Ultimately it's a decision only you can make.

If you have an older console or a PC try playing say Mass Effect 2 for example, see how(if) you like it, I find that is a decent entry level for people who have mostly played action games.

Last edited:
thanks very much. i am quite blown away by all the trailers and pictures of that game...only choice and consequence games i have ever played are the two walking dead games. never really liked RPG as i always thought they will be like the final fantasy games and i never liked the look of that series. anyway, just pre ordered wild hunt for ps4 and will give it a go...like i said, it looks really good...lets see how it is to play.

thanks, michael

Hi there...just a quick question. i have never ever played RPG games in my whole life. only games like CoD, Tomb Rider, Uncharted etc etc and of course never ever played any of the Witcher games.
My question is quite simple, after looking at trailers, youtube, ign etc i have to say The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt just looks simply amazing...Would you guys recommend The Witcher to a person who never played a single RPG game? would somebody, who never ever played any of The Witcher games, get into the whole story and the world of The Witcher series without problems?
Just let me know....thanks guys, Greetings from Berlin-Germany.

Michael

Yes. Let it tell me to you this way. I really liked to play turn based strategy games. Panzer General 2, Civ 3 and so on. I never played fps shooter before. Then I discovered Unreal Tournament. Really liked to play fps from that moment. Then I discovered rts with help of Blitzkrieg and really liked it too...and so on(could name most of game types). So my answer is yes. Just make that first step and then enjoy the game. If you like games in general you will enjoy TW3 for certain. It is probably going to be top notch quality stuff and also devs except newcomers to the series so there are going to be things to help newcomers to lore/series to enjoy. Just don´t preorder and wait for some feedback from reviews and public so you avoid disappointment(this is general advice for any new game though).

Yes. Let it tell me to you this way. I really liked to play turn based strategy games. Panzer General 2, Civ 3 and so on. I never played fps shooter before. Then I discovered Unreal Tournament. Really liked to play fps from that moment. Then I discovered rts with help of Blitzkrieg and really liked it too...and so on(could name most of game types). So my answer is yes. Just make that first step and then enjoy the game. If you like games in general you will enjoy TW3 for certain. It is probably going to be top notch quality stuff and also devs except newcomers to the series so there are going to be things to help newcomers to lore/series to enjoy. Just don´t preorder and wait for some feedback from reviews and public so you avoid disappointment(this is general advice for any new game though).

thanks for your message buddy. will defo give it a try...its time to learn more about different games then just always the same FPS etc. was looking into dark souls too...but i did not like the way you have died all the time. anyway, thanks for the advice...roll on 19th of may :)

Yes.... Give The Witcher Wild Hunt a shot.
Every game has a learning curve, did you ever play games like Red Dead Redemption or GTA V ??
Give those a go too sometime ;)

One can start from some RPG games :) Witcher games are good. They blend RPG with action and adventure, so definitely give them a try. I don't think you need to worry about first game requiring old school gaming skills. Just play it and see how you like it for yourself.

will do...i have pre ordered it from england because games are soooo expensive here in germany. 70 euros pre order for the german version of wild hunt on amazon is quite much. anyway, just watched a few more trailers etc and it looks really good. will see how it goes :) greetings from berlin.

will do...i have pre ordered it from england because games are soooo expensive here in germany. 70 euros pre order for the german version of wild hunt on amazon is quite much. anyway, just watched a few more trailers etc and it looks really good. will see how it goes :) greetings from berlin.

How much would it cost you on GOG for the digital version? Physical ones are always more expensive.

here in germany there is no differents between digital games or hard copy games, not on release. a long time later maybe a little bit but not much. in england i have paid 40 pounds pre order thats just over 50 euro...maybe 55 but overhere in germany its 70 euro...far to much.

here in germany there is no differents between digital games or hard copy games, not on release. a long time later maybe a little bit but not much. in england i have paid 40 pounds pre order thats just over 50 euro...maybe 55 but overhere in germany its 70 euro...far to much.

GOG offer in store credit if regional pricing differs from their standard price. So it shouldn't be more expensive than for the rest of GOG users. Plus, if you own two first games, they offer 20% discount.

yea i know...thats what i really dont like about sony...why should i buy a digital version of the game for the same price like a hard copy? i mean at some point i sell my games on after i have played them enough (only the great game The Last Of Us i have never sold) anyway...its a stupid price policy.

It's already giving you at least 15+ more times the content The Order did at full price.

If you enjoy Action RPG's..this is the game to buy. I have faith in CDPR because of their past that they will deliver a great product with tones of content.

I am new to RPGs as well, and haven't played the Witcher series. My advice would be, games like Witcher seem to be about the experience. Trying to get to max level, or hurrying to unblock a gun (COD for example) isnt the way to play this. It's about roleplaying and trying different things. Immersing yourself in the world you are playing. So basically my advice is, take your time and enjoy the game. Don't rush through it.

Top Bottom