Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Thank you all for the kind words. We'll be creating the Official announcement in the News thread shortly, but I wanted to say thanks for supporting the Witcher team as we worked to finish the game. I know in the face of 2 moved release dates there is always a bit of doubt, but now you can put your doubts aside. :)

So what does Going Gold really mean? Well, the terminology comes from "back in the day". It used to be that when a game was finished the final versions were put on special gold-colored discs to be sent to the publisher and the term stuck. Nowadays, everything is done digitally, but "Gone Digital" just doesn't have the same cool ring. So, now what? Well, it doesn't mean that everything is finished for The Witcher. The team is working on the 16 free DLCs that will be given to all customers, they're working on the announced Expansion Pass and we're preparing for launch (everyone, fans and Devs want a smooth launch). I'm sure there is also a lot of happiness at the studio today (our release party will be at the end of May), but there is still lots to do. Still, Going Gold is a great achievement. We're really thrilled to be "done" so that now we can get to work. :)
and i assume that you're still working on the performance for future patches , yes ?

Last edited:
Congrats to @MilezZ @TheEvilChris and the whole crew.

Well done.

Wow anyone else kinda feel like its's the end of a journey? I know I haven't posted a lot on here But damn I followed these forums almost every day starting from sometime June last year, right after the E3 demo and trailer. Ha ha in fact it almost feel unreal, I still remember the day the debut trailer was shown, feels almost like it was yesterday.

Wow anyone else kinda feel like its's the end of a journey? I know I haven't posted a lot on here But damn I followed these forums almost every day starting from sometime June last year, right after the E3 demo and trailer. Ha ha in fact it almost feel unreal, I still remember the day the debut trailer was shown, feels almost like it was yesterday.

Man, i remember everyday when i went to work first thing i did to open kaermorhen.ru and followed Witcher 3 news there. And i remember i watched every early interviews repeadly. And now game gone to gold. I feel happy, but i feel sad too. There was not any game interesting me like Witcher. This is another world for me.

ikr ?
remember back when everyone was freaking about a potential graphical downgrade ? yeah good times XD
i almost miss that crazyness and chaos.
the only thing i'm worried about now is the publishers, not CDPR. just look at what WB did MKX, they turned it into a mine of DLC and microtransations. i pray the publishers won't pull this out or they'll be a riot XD

ikr ?
remember back when everyone was freaking about a potential graphical downgrade ? yeah good times XD
i almost miss that crazyness and chaos.
the only thing i'm worried about now is the publishers, not CDPR. just look at what WB did MKX, they turned it into a mine of DLC and microtransations. i pray the publishers won't pull this out or they'll be a riot XD

Yeah man. I'm also kinda scared for CDPR, if the Witcher 3 delivers on anything it promised (and it absolutely will), it will vault CDPR at the top of the pile. They would've created the best open-world-rpg, and one of the best open world games. They would sell millions and instantly make them mainstream. Then would they be able to still be as consumer friendly? would they still be as willing to listen to the community for feedback? I mean look at all those other AAA studios from humble beginnings. I mean I still remember the day Ubisoft made great innovative games like the original Prince of Persia and splinter cell. I remember EA publishing good and solid titles and didn't milk you for money. Same with Bioware, their games dropped in quality after every release..........

Bah I'm being paranoid, CDPR aren't the same and I'm sure it won't happen to them, at least not anytime soon.

Well..not like they are done. The day one patch...patches coming from public feedbacks, expansions. I think that nothing changes for both us and developers.

Good going devs! Congrats! Phew! Good thing the sun will come up, one cardinal direction or the other, come May 19th. ;)

Just the other day I thought of starting a thread(a plea really) asking the devs to go gold already. Now I don't have to it seems.

Besides, I didn't want to give Sard the satisfaction. :happy:

Hear that @Sardukhar !? I've to this day kept my promise, and not visited your ever so teasing countdown thread since the day I posted there last time. :harhar:

And I've tried to make the most of my time, instead of waiting around for it to pass, and even finished a huge project that hopefully will net some success. A victory nonetheless.

So...it's finally gone gold. For some reason I came to think of uncle Scrooge. And changes.

Many here may rejoice that the wait is over, while others might lament the inevitable change that may come to pass. People joined this community for a reason...and some have already left it...for various reasons. Are some afraid they won't come back after Witcher 3 has been released, I wonder?

Here's what sprung to my mind hearing of Witcher 3 gone gold, and of the changes that will surely follow the release:

EDIT: @Marcin Momot

Congrats and please give my love to the team as always!

Last edited:
Top Bottom